Super Mario hits 10,000 cruise posts!

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

You don't know that.

After he becomes pinnacle why would he care? You think he is going around in his head after this cruise I have this many points and after this cruise is done I have this many more points..........I really doubt it.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

After he becomes pinnacle why would he care? You think he is going around in his head after this cruise I have this many points and after this cruise is done I have this many more points..........I really doubt it.

I have no idea and could give a rats... Only he can answer that. You or anyone else doesn't know what someone else is thinking. 

3 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

all I gotta say is that is a lot of cruising to get 10,000 points.  I am going to guess he feels comfortable on RCI ships and continues to sail on them.  I wonder how X ships would treat he and matching perks?

Unless he has 750+ points on Celebrity, he's Elite (tier).  He should be treated the same as any other Elite tier passenger.

• Like 1

Just now, Another_Critic said:

Unless he has 750+ points on Celebrity, he's Elite (tier).  He should be treated the same as any other Elite tier passenger.

oh I was just curious.  I mean the fellow is in a class of his own as he practically lives on a ship.

Just now, Oceansaway17 said:

oh I was just curious.  I mean the fellow is in a class of his own as he practically lives on a ship.

Yeah, I know.  And he would probably be treated better, even if he didn't want better treatment.

And I'm sure there are high tier X and RCI passengers that expect better treatment than their lowly Diamond or Elite reciprocal status.

4 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Yeah, I know.  And he would probably be treated better, even if he didn't want better treatment.

And I'm sure there are high tier X and RCI passengers that expect better treatment than their lowly Diamond or Elite reciprocal status.

When I cruise, I like to be low key and I prefer the buffet so that I am NOT fussed over at meals.

But then in buffet, they walk around and pass my table once every minute seeing if I am done eating. This is annoying at times too.

On 8/9/2022 at 11:31 AM, bonsai3s said:

Just curious...if Mario has the most points, who is second? 

* Answers to my own question:

- no one knows.

- no one cares.

- he passed away during the pandemic.

- she's on another ship.

- they stopped cruising.

* Ok, I'll go get my coffee. :classic_smile:

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.  

James Bond: The Actors Who've Played the Spy - Biography

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know if I've ever shared a sailing with him, but I think social isolation is a much bigger problem for landside people, in general. Sounds like he's out and about, has internet and is still working, and has the means and health to keep sailing. As long as he's not acting entitled with the crew or something, more power to him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bound4Bermuda said:

Has this man just been living on cruise ships for the last 30 years?

Remember, for the past year+, he has probably been getting 4 points per night, and for the 10 years before the shutdown he has been getting 2 points per night. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jasukkie said:

I don't know if I've ever shared a sailing with him, but I think social isolation is a much bigger problem for landside people, in general. Sounds like he's out and about, has internet and is still working, and has the means and health to keep sailing. As long as he's not acting entitled with the crew or something, more power to him.

We did a B2B cruise on the LOS March 2011. He was on our cruise (s). We were invited to the Captains Table on both legs. He was at both. The Captain (first leg) and Staff Captain (second leg) both spoke highly about him and he acted very humble when they spoke about him and his loyalty to RC. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We did a B2B cruise on the LOS March 2011. He was on our cruise (s). We were invited to the Captains Table on both legs. He was at both. The Captain (first leg) and Staff Captain (second leg) both spoke highly about him and he acted very humble when they spoke about him and his loyalty to RC. 

He was behind me in line getting coffee in the SL on Harmony once.  Didn’t talk to him nor did he say anything to me.  But it was pretty obvious who he was if you cruise Royal much.   I saw him her and there throughout that trip but never interacted with him.  He didn’t stike me as particularly outgoing and he certainly didn’t seem rude or seemingly stuck up either.  Just a guy in the coffee line like me.  

I read years ago he was retired and pretty much lived 95%+ of his days on ships.   Maybe he is working online now in retirement, but until Covid I thought he still spent most every day each year cruising.  

I doubt I’d want to live full time on a ship, but good for him if he enjoys it.  To each their own. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

There are a few U-tube videos where he describes his typical day on a cruise ship.

He does work in finance, having a small group of clients and can do it while cruising

We were on the cruise where he hit 5,000 points.  There was a huge celebration that included a brass band as he walked into the centrum.  It was fascinating to observe, really over the top.  We will be boarding the Explorer this Sunday, so we just barely missed seeing his 10,000 point celebration.  That would have been a strange but fun coincidence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topnole said:

He was behind me in line getting coffee in the SL on Harmony once.  Didn’t talk to him nor did he say anything to me.  But it was pretty obvious who he was if you cruise Royal much.   I saw him her and there throughout that trip but never interacted with him.  He didn’t stike me as particularly outgoing and he certainly didn’t seem rude or seemingly stuck up either.  Just a guy in the coffee line like me.  

I read years ago he was retired and pretty much lived 95%+ of his days on ships.   Maybe he is working online now in retirement, but until Covid I thought he still spent most every day each year cruising.  

I doubt I’d want to live full time on a ship, but good for him if he enjoys it.  To each their own. 

He's not retired, at least he wasn't last I heard.  He does financial work and that's why he has an "office" on cruises.  He owns a condo in Miami and just happens to cruise a lot because his career is portable.  I would be humble too, because the reality is, he bought those points and he gets that.  It's others who make a big deal like he did something special to get there.  

I have read sone interesting stories about him. He actually spends all but a few weeks per year on ships. Changes ships periodically.  Seems like he has a condo in Miami or Ft Lauderdale so he usually cruises from those ports.  He can do his finance job from the ship.  I had read he books his cruises far in advance to get the best rates.  He might  have the most points but there is others like him that choose to just live on a ship.   That life would not be for me but a guy like him who has cruised so long probably has hundred of frequent cruiser friends and people he knows are on every cruise.