Unvaccinated cannot get off the ship in grand cayman

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

The unvaccinated sea pass card could easily be coded to disallow checking off the ship.

They do it with minors, couldn’t be difficult 

Remember they having us upload our vaccine card. .. so does this mean still required to check in. Why remove the vaccine card upload from check in?

And why is it worded as 12 years of age and older? Younger kids can get off? 

I'm confused. Did everyone get this email or just us?

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Remember they having us upload our vaccine card. .. so does this mean still required to check in. Why remove the vaccine card upload from check in?

All good questions. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

The wording is clunky but based on Grand Cayman requirements.  

https://www.visitcaymanislands.com/en-us/travel-requirements

I just read another place that says they will be checking vaccine cards to board the tender ... 

As if boarding the tender for a excursion  isnt slow enough. ..they are waiting to do it when we board the tender???? 

Here I was hoping for good news and get more junk. .. it will be a while before I book again. Just getting turned off to cruising. 

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

I just read another place that says they will be checking vaccine cards to board the tender ... 

As if boarding the tender for a excursion  isnt slow enough. ..they are waiting to do it when we board the tender???? 

Here I was hoping for good news and get more junk. .. it will be a while before I book again. Just getting turned off to cruising. 

I mean, the easier thing would be for RCI to require that all its passengers be vaccinated, which would obviate the need to check vaccination status individually to board the tender.  Would you prefer that solution?

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I don’t believe that for a moment, you shouldn’t believe any theories out there either. This is a month away, NO-ONE has any idea how this will be handled. 

• Like 2

I don’t know, seems pretty clear to me.  Guests 12 and over MUST be vaccinated to get off in the Grand Caymans.  If you have unvaccinated travel companions who are UNDER 12, they may get off with you.  How this will he handled aboard ship remains to be seen but the requirements are clear (for now)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I don’t believe that for a moment, you shouldn’t believe any theories out there either. This is a month away, NO-ONE has any idea how this will be handled. 

Well, at least one thing is for certain, Royal will handle it in the most inefficient way possible. 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Some cruise lines had this already during the initial restart.  Unvax kids couldn't disembark in several ports.  When they tried to get off the sea card scan at security made that "nope" buzzer sound. 

I remember the posts well with guests ranting at guest services over it.  "No one told us", "My child has been forever mentally broken by it", "I'll never cruise this line again" and so on.

I assume they'll do the same at GC.  Aren't they still asking to see proof of vax at check in?  Granted it's gone from the app but vax can still show it at check in right?  

12 minutes ago, twangster said:

Some cruise lines had this already during the initial restart.  Unvax kids couldn't disembark in several ports.  When they tried to get off the sea card scan at security made that "nope" buzzer sound. 

I remember the posts well with guests ranting at guest services over it.  "No one told us", "My child has been forever mentally broken by it", "I'll never cruise this line again" and so on.

I assume they'll do the same at GC.  Aren't they still asking to see proof of vax at check in?  Granted it's gone from the app but vax can still show it at check in right?  

Lol thanks for a rational polite post. A few above are the usual its OBVIOUS it only applies to children over 12. Cc seems to be getting to where im so tired of those who act like they know everything. .if I was sure it only applied to children over 12 I wouldnt ask for clarification. Hoping if the rude posters above come back to apologise if their obvious answers arent correct.

My roll call has kids of all ages. We want a definite answer. .. from rcl. So we will wait. I'm ignoring the rude replies... they are just guessing. Rcl has before not been perfect in conveying protocols. 

I find myself coming to cc less and less. Thanks for a civil reply.