Any tips for a way to have a table on extended balcony cabin?

PRINCESS Sweet Pea

Hello!  I know that they took these away years ago.     We always loved them, starting back when sailing the Ruby on deck 10, years ago!

I am not seeing any good options for like collapsable temporary or camp tables.  None of them have the extendable legs that would make them more easy to pack.  all I see here is a tray table that has legs that open like a scissor.  but still not really packable.

I believe that they have tables now on the new ships on Premium Balconies on Deck 9.  I would really want to book one of those just for that.  Larger balcony with the actual table on it!

17 minutes ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

Hello!  I know that they took these away years ago.     We always loved them, starting back when sailing the Ruby on deck 10, years ago!

I am not seeing any good options for like collapsable temporary or camp tables.  None of them have the extendable legs that would make them more easy to pack.  all I see here is a tray table that has legs that open like a scissor.  but still not really packable.

I believe that they have tables now on the new ships on Premium Balconies on Deck 9.  I would really want to book one of those just for that.  Larger balcony with the actual table on it!

Book a suite. LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

You need to be very careful if you take your own table. It would be considered a safety hazard if you were to leave the table unattended on the balcony.

9 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

You need to be very careful if you take your own table. It would be considered a safety hazard if you were to leave the table unattended on the balcony.

Agree with this and I would just ask a steward if they can find you one... if you are on an older ship there may be tables from when they used to do UBD.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, vjmatty said:

Agree with this and I would just ask a steward if they can find you one... if you are on an older ship there may be tables from when they used to do UBD.

UBD is back! Cruise personalizer under beverage and food experiences

• Like 1

Thanks!

Yes, I see that UBD is listed for this cruise. Didn't know if it might be just old, undeleted info.  But looks like it is back! I thought about ultimate balcony dining, and asking, begging, bribing (hahah!) for them to leave the table.  But I know that this would be strictly prohibited, and I wouldn't want any staff to end up in any trouble!

From reading another thread here, after searching, I wonder if the small square side table on the balcony would sit on an upside down drawer.  The drawer would have to be a bit bigger.  I also wondered if the shelves in the storage closet where the safe is would be removable, or if they are firmly built in.  Not sure what the measurements of those shelves would be?  It would be nice to have a small table and tablecloth for a light breakfast, coffee, wine, appetizers, etc.

A friend recently gave me a breakfast in bed type tray with short legs that fold flat.  It fits in my suitcase.  I've thought of bringing that if I have a cabin without a coffee table.  Maybe somethin glike that would work for you?

This may be extreme for you, but WAY back when they first took away the balcony tables we bought one of these roll up tables for around $20 and took it with us.  It rolls up to the size similar to a camp chair and comes in a bag.  We used to sail from a port within driving distance, so it wasn't an issue for us to throw it in our luggage.  If you were flying it might be more of an issue.  

Since then we've flown to further ports and booked deluxe balcony cabins that had the larger coffee table and we used that for in-room/balcony meals.  Other than that, a full suite is nice too since it comes with a full-sized dining table.  We've had that too, but only after getting an upsell offer 🙂

71kFBfvq1VL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_FMwebp_.webp

22 hours ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

Since when is there no table on the balcony? We last sailed this past January and I'm sure we had a table.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, chamima said:

Since when is there no table on the balcony? We last sailed this past January and I'm sure we had a table.

Caribbean Princess - January 2022.

IMG_0661.JPG

Edited by chamima
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

Not sure if the larger balconies on the Emerald/Ruby on Caribe Deck 10 have tables again?

We sailed on the Emerald in March on the Caribe Deck. We had a table on our balcony

I have thought of this idea...  Since we will not be booking a mini or a 'premium' balcony.  I am seeing bed risers that are 8 inches.  I am hoping that they actually add 8 full inches of height.   If we have the square little side table on the balcony,  with those risers and a tablecloth (vinyl that won't blow around) I think this would be a nice work-around for a small, but almost standard height table.  That would be nice for coffee, wine, snacks.

I would love to know the size and height of the balcony side table.

I wonder if anyone has ever posted anything like that?

20 minutes ago, koreakruiser said:

Obstructed Balcony Cabin on Discovery in March 2022.

SAM_2626.JPG

Rather than no table at all, the above picture is what I think is on all smaller balconies.

The larger, dining size table would take up too much space.

We haven't sailed since 2019, are there no tables in the cabins?  What happened to the small glass table that room delivery staff would place your delivery tray on?   If no table where do they place it? 

We usually sail in inside or ocean view if that makes any difference