4 drinks/day

I understand they post the 4 drinks (Diamond) on your account and if not used, they go away. Do you show the app from your phone or a sea pass card? Are you able to have one person pick up 2 beverages and have them be for two accountw? I.e., I get two coffees, one for me and one for husband but have them post one to my account and one to his? 

2 minutes ago, jamesnnb said:

I understand they post the 4 drinks (Diamond) on your account and if not used, they go away. Do you show the app from your phone or a sea pass card? Are you able to have one person pick up 2 beverages and have them be for two accountw? I.e., I get two coffees, one for me and one for husband but have them post one to my account and one to his? 

You give them your card(s).  You can check the app to see how many are used or you can ask them to check on their system.  I've used all 4 of my drinks on my card for different people without issue.  They just have to ring it up separately.

1 minute ago, Blur said:

You give them your card(s).  You can check the app to see how many are used or you can ask them to check on their system.  I've used all 4 of my drinks on my card for different people without issue.  They just have to ring it up separately.

So, can I give them my card and husband’s care with him being there? 

1 minute ago, jamesnnb said:

So, can I give them my card and husband’s care with him being there? 

Or even easier you can use your card for both then later have your husband use his for both drinks.  I think how they handle you giving them someone else's card without them there varies by person and how well they know you... E.g if you tip and remember you

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blur said:

Or even easier you can use your card for both then later have your husband use his for both drinks.  I think how they handle you giving them someone else's card without them there varies by person and how well they know you... E.g if you tip and remember you

Sounds good. Thanks for the reply.

There isn't a way to see your "remaining vouchers" on the app, but you can access your room account, which will show how many $0.00 bar charges have been applied for the day.  

And they shouldn't have any problem giving you two coffees with two cards for people who are in the same room.  Or, like stated above, put two coffees on one card the first time and put two drinks on the other card the next time.  

• Like 2

Just make sure you tell them when you wish to purchase a drink instead of using your free ones. 

if you get a cheaper soda, but plan on getting a more expensive pina  colada later, let them know when you order that you want to be charged. 😎

40 minutes ago, flamingos said:

Just make sure you tell them when you wish to purchase a drink instead of using your free ones. 

if you get a cheaper soda, but plan on getting a more expensive pina  colada later, let them know when you order that you want to be charged. 😎

I tried that and was told they couldn't do that.  It was an automatic thing.  I got my can of Coke for free and he received a $2 tip. 

17 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

I tried that and was told they couldn't do that.  It was an automatic thing.  I got my can of Coke for free and he received a $2 tip. 

That'd weird.  I've had no problems doing that. I'll pay for beer during the day on sea dsys and save the vouchers until evening. That whole "depends on who you ask" or "what ship/hotel director" strikes again. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That'd weird.  I've had no problems doing that. I'll pay for beer during the day on sea dsys and save the vouchers until evening. That whole "depends on who you ask" or "what ship/hotel director" strikes again. 

RCI = Really Consistently Inconsistent!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It’s working this way on Wonder this week.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jamesnnb said:

The good news is once you reach Diamond plus you get 5 free drinks.

On Anthem in May I told the bartender I was using my D+ voucher and gave him $2 cash tip for our 2 drinks.

If we wanted a cheap tonic water I just said I would pay for this drink and I was charged for it.

The main thing is make it clear when ordering a drink if it is from your daily allowance or not.

No one questioned when I used my wife's card either.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Strange. What ship?
I have never had issues on any ship paying for a coke and saving the D+ vouchers for a more expensive adult beverage later that evening 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I've never been asked on any ship

Limited sample size for me but same here. I go out of my way to say "drink of choice, diamond drink please" to make sure they don't charge me.

43 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I'm on board now and have not been asked at any bar. I've never been asked on any ship

When we were on board in July, they asked at the Pub, at the Bamboo Room, at Bolero's and at the Schooner Bar. The only bar where they never asked was at the Pool Bar.

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

I'm on board now and have not been asked at any bar. I've never been asked on any ship

Strange, since last July I have if I don't tell them off the bat. They always ask, "Use you Diamond voucher?" . 

Next cruise I'm in the big leagues, going from 4 drinks to 5 drinks a day! Yay me!

Edited by Moltar

10 hours ago, jamesnnb said:

I get two coffees, one for me and one for husband but have them post one to my account and one to his? 

Remember, they also have the coffee machine in the Diamond Lounge, and it’s free. 

8 hours ago, little britain said:

Strange. What ship?
I have never had issues on any ship paying for a coke and saving the D+ vouchers for a more expensive adult beverage later that evening 

It was on the Navigator. It was also back when they first started this program, so things apparently have changed.  I haven't tried since, but will try again on my next cruise.  Thanks everyone for your comments.

11 hours ago, taznremmy said:

We've never had a problem!  We both routinely order fresh squeezed OJ for breakfast and ask that they charge it to our sea passes.  No way am I wasting a voucher worth $13 on a $4 beverage!:classic_ohmy:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Are you sure, how do they know if you want to pay cash vs the D allowed drinks.