Allure of the Seas Refurbishment?

slyster

I read that a refurbishment was postponed from a couple of years ago on Allure of the Seas.  Did the refurbishment ever happen or is it on a schedule to be done?  If I understand correctly, it hasn’t been refurbished since it sailed, correct?  Thanks.

When COVID started, and all cruising was shut down, all amplifications where postponed/cancelled.

There has been no word from RCI about any rescheduling of amplifications of any ships.

Originally, Explorer and Allure were scheduled for 2020 and Liberty and Adventure for 2021.

Allure has just 3 unaccounted for days between now and 2024. Adventure has 0.

If the previous schedule holds, and they do Explorer and Allure the first year (2024 at the earliest), then that would put Liberty and Adventure at 2025 at the absolute earliest.

Now, if you go and read the RCI stock threads, those days could be optimistic due to debt load and profitability.

Above copy-n-pasted from here:

• Thanks 1

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

And that is how the ship should stay. People have other O class ships to choose from if they don't like it.

Agree completely; it won’t be happening anytime soon that’s for sure.  
After the Galveston stint, she goes to PC for short 3/4 day runs, no time in the schedule for a project that size. 

2 hours ago, RobInMN said:

Originally, Explorer and Allure were scheduled for 2020 and Liberty and Adventure for 2021.

We just disembarked the Explorer last weekend.  Staff said that the Explorer is going in for Amplification (they mentioned the moving the mini golf to deck 13 forward and the addition of waterslides, amongst other things) in early 2023.  Looking at the schedule, Explorer seems to be missing from January 29th til March 12, so I expect that the dry dock will take place then.  No official word on what will be done yet, though.

Independence is in dry dock January 6 - February 16th.  I know this because we got an email cutting our Mariner of the Seas sailing short so that the Mariner could take over the January 6th sailing of the Independence and continue taking over the Independence sailings through February 16th, effectively cancelling all the previously scheduled Mariner sailings during this span.

Mariner of the Seas disappears from sailings from February 18th until April 1st.  Once again, a planned dry dock from what I hear.

All three of these ships are out for dry dock for about 6 six weeks, so a fairly lengthy time.  No word officially yet on what updates the ship will receive though.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

We just disembarked the Explorer last weekend.  Staff said that the Explorer is going in for Amplification (they mentioned the moving the mini golf to deck 13 forward and the addition of waterslides, amongst other things) in early 2023.  Looking at the schedule, Explorer seems to be missing from January 29th til March 12, so I expect that the dry dock will take place then.  No official word on what will be done yet, though.

Independence is in dry dock January 6 - February 16th.  I know this because we got an email cutting our Mariner of the Seas sailing short so that the Mariner could take over the January 6th sailing of the Independence and continue taking over the Independence sailings through February 16th, effectively cancelling all the previously scheduled Mariner sailings during this span.

Mariner of the Seas disappears from sailings from February 18th until April 1st.  Once again, a planned dry dock from what I hear.

All three of these ships are out for dry dock for about 6 six weeks, so a fairly lengthy time.  No word officially yet on what updates the ship will receive though.

I’m sorry to hear Explorer is being “tramped”.  IMHO, they ruin part of the experience of that class of ship.  Explorer has a great gym with included change rooms, sauna and steam room.  They will relocate the gym from fire to aft and get rid of comp change rooms, sauna and steam room.  The gym will be much smaller and you’ll have to pay for the other services. For me, this is a big downgrade I experience. Very sad. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

And that is how the ship should stay. People have other O class ships to choose from if they don't like it.

Absolutely, completely, totally agree! I really hope they let one "classic Oasis" remain in the fleet. If for no other reason than that heavenly Diamond Lounge. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Allure has not been amped, and that is perfectly fine with me. 

Same here and I love the location of the D lounge/club.

Edited by nelblu
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, Airbear232 said:

I’m sorry to hear Explorer is being “tramped”.  IMHO, they ruin part of the experience of that class of ship.  Explorer has a great gym with included change rooms, sauna and steam room.  They will relocate the gym from fire to aft and get rid of comp change rooms, sauna and steam room.  The gym will be much smaller and you’ll have to pay for the other services. For me, this is a big downgrade I experience. Very sad. 

Just curious where you got this information ... fortunately the Mariner didn't lose her awesome fitness center changing area with lockers, showers & steam room when she was amplified. That would definitely be a bummer it happened to the Explorer.

4 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Just curious where you got this information ... fortunately the Mariner didn't lose her awesome fitness center changing area with lockers, showers & steam room when she was amplified. That would definitely be a bummer it happened to the Explorer.

We were on Voyager in July in the Baltic and she was amped.  I was so looking forward to being on the ship and enjoying facilities.  Don’t know which was amped first Mariner or. Voyager. Hope was  Voyager and they learned from their mistakes.  We’re on Explorer sailing out of Venice in May and the I’d be so disappointed if they ruin her. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Airbear232 said:

We were on Voyager in July in the Baltic and she was amped.  I was so looking forward to being on the ship and enjoying facilities

So the Voyager no longer has a sauna or steam room?!  I always look forward to these facilities after my gym workout when cruising. 

Thanks

Edited by long4acruise

31 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Absolutely, completely, totally agree! I really hope they let one "classic Oasis" remain in the fleet. If for no other reason than that heavenly Diamond Lounge. 

Agree 100% about the DL! I'm glad to know it's still in its original location - I was sure it had been shifted elsewhere by now. We've been on Allure just once, but it was a great experience and we loved it. We did S2S on Harmony right after that, and you can imagine our disappointment when we realised that the DL is practically in the bilge....

46 minutes ago, Maria63 said:

Agree 100% about the DL! I'm glad to know it's still in its original location - I was sure it had been shifted elsewhere by now. We've been on Allure just once, but it was a great experience and we loved it. We did S2S on Harmony right after that, and you can imagine our disappointment when we realised that the DL is practically in the bilge....

Oh, I can only imagine the disappointment! Going straight from Allure to that windowless space ... no thank you. 😉 

1 hour ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

I also agree completely! The D Lounge on the Oasis and Radiance ships were our favorite. 
Didn’t they replace it in Oasis for Wonderland? 

4 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I also agree completely! The D Lounge on the Oasis and Radiance ships were our favorite. 
Didn’t they replace it in Oasis for Wonderland? 

At least on Harmony it was indeed Wonderland, but I don't know about Oasis.

3 hours ago, Airbear232 said:

I definitely agree that the loss of the sauna/steam room/shower area that seems to be happening now during Amping is a loss that I wish would not happen.  No idea if it will happen on the Explorer, but I expect it will be removed for extra cabins.  Here's hoping that does not happen though.

• Like 1