Do Diamond member still receive 24 hours of free internet?

pauly

I keep reading conflicting stuff, so I figured it would ask the others who sail on RRCL:

Do Diamond member still receive 24 hours of free internet?  If so, how do you sign up, or is it "pre-loaded"?

THANKS!

Edited by pauly

4 minutes ago, pauly said:

I keep reading conflicting stuff, so I figured it would ask the others who sail on RRCL:

Do Diamond member still receive 24 hours of free internet?  If so, how do you sign up, or is it "pre-loaded"?

THANKS!

When you sign into the internet on the ship, you select Internet, then the basic internet for 24 hours.  When you enter your name, room # and Bday it will deduct your free amount so you will pay nothing for the 24 hour period.  It is pretty easy to do, just follow the prompts.

I got 26.99 coupon that could be used on either surf and surf and zoom. I've found if I waited near the end the price on surf and zoom dropped to 24.99 and I got my free days at the higher level. When you say you want to sign in and purchase the coupon amount will be there pre loaded. 

I saw some dynamic pricing tbh. Not always the same. The coupon stays the same. 

1 hour ago, karena1 said:

When you sign into the internet on the ship, you select Internet, then the basic internet for 24 hours.  When you enter your name, room # and Bday it will deduct your free amount so you will pay nothing for the 24 hour period.  It is pretty easy to do, just follow the prompts.

Thanks!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, eem0924 said:

So if I have already purchased a VOOM Surf package am I out of luck?  Do I need to cancel that and take care of this onboard the ship?

Ellen

It probably works out about the same pre purchase or buy it onboard at a higher price with the diamond coupon. 

1 hour ago, pauly said:

THANKS!

You can either use it as a straight 24 hr access; or you can use it to offset against the package for the cruise duration; on board purchases only. 
Remember every day the package cost drops by the daily rate, so if you can wait till gone midnight on the first day you will already have saved $19.99 ( or whatever the cost is they are charging on board) 

Edited by little britain

59 minutes ago, eem0924 said:

So if I have already purchased a VOOM Surf package am I out of luck?  Do I need to cancel that and take care of this onboard the ship?

The break even point depends on the planner price and the duration of the sailing. For the typical sailing a D couple is probably better off buying on board. 

28 minutes ago, little britain said:

You can either use it as a straight 24 hr access; or you can use it to offset against the package for the cruise duration; on board purchases only. 
Remember every day the package cost drops by the daily rate, so if you can wait till gone midnight on the first day you will already have saved $19.99 ( or whatever the cost is they are charging on board) 

Way more onboard until the last couple of days. 32.99 pp per day surf and zoom. Or 26.99 only surf, but last 2 days when I check at midnight I can buy until the end, which is last 3 nights and 2 full days at 24.99. If I got the 32.99 per day I couldnt use it for a 2nd day. Lol. So I waited until that night. Then it was 24.99  go figure. I call that dynamic pricing. .

They had some of that dynamic pricing in the shops too where everything rang up mostly higher than the attached price tag. Or rcl towels $15, or 2 for $35 marked $15. 

2 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

To use thus benefit, do we have to bring our own computer? We don't have a laptop and I'm not hauling our huge set along on vacation.

Can we use the computers on board? John plays an intellectually stimulating (i.e. stupid) game and might want to keep his status.

yes you can use the computers on the ship.  You just log in under you username/password.  Just make sure to log out when you are done.

21 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

To use thus benefit, do we have to bring our own computer? We don't have a laptop and I'm not hauling our huge set along on vacation.

Can we use the computers on board? John plays an intellectually stimulating (i.e. stupid) game and might want to keep his status.

Can use a smart phone or tablet.

Edited by Another_Critic

2 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Can use a smart phone or tablet.

Don't have a tablet either. The phones don't have access to his particular game. He'll look into using the computers on board. He doesn't have to actually play, just log in every once in a while to keep his 'leader' status.

Thanks for all the info!

I also had a question about Diamond Plus.  If I remember correctly, pre-Covid, RCCL was loading 5 drink tickets per day on your card (it felt like a way to keep people out of the Diamond Lounge, or at least not lingering there too long).

Does anyone else remember/know this?  We sail again Oct 1 - CANNOT WAIT!

Thanks - stay safe!

Lisa

20 minutes ago, Cruiser42 said:

Thanks for all the info!

I also had a question about Diamond Plus.  If I remember correctly, pre-Covid, RCCL was loading 5 drink tickets per day on your card (it felt like a way to keep people out of the Diamond Lounge, or at least not lingering there too long).

Does anyone else remember/know this?  We sail again Oct 1 - CANNOT WAIT!

Thanks - stay safe!

Lisa

The 5 drinks per day is post covid that can be used anytime and most bars on the ship. They do not carry over to the next day. Pre covid it was 3 drinks and had to be used during the happy hour. 

• Like 1