New way of displaying prices

caribill

When you get an initial look at pricing for a type cabin (example: Balcony), instead of showing the exact price of the higher option available, Princess now shows the upgraded price as dollars/day more: "Upgrade from $xx a day."    (Exact price will be shown when selecting the cabin you want.)

image.thumb.png.7efb4ed4cac842993c1752a0d2f35b18.png

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, caribill said:

When you get an initial look at pricing for a type cabin (example: Balcony), instead of showing the exact price of the higher option available, Princess now shows the upgraded price as dollars/day more: "Upgrade from $xx a day."    (Exact price will be shown when selecting the cabin you want.)

image.thumb.png.7efb4ed4cac842993c1752a0d2f35b18.png

Notice the difference in these two cabins.  Pictures are identical. 😂

7 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Notice the difference in these two cabins.  Pictures are identical. 😂

Cabins are indeed identical…….the Premium balcony has a larger balcony and that’s it.  Maybe they could have shown a photo of the balconies.

Misleading, not full disclosure.

Not all balcony cat. cabins across the fleet designated "premium" have larger balconies. There are many non premium balcony cat. cabins that also have larger balconies. Best way is to do your homework and search the deck plans, forgetting the misleading word "premium."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skynight said:

Misleading, not full disclosure.

Not all balcony cat. cabins across the fleet designated "premium" have larger balconies. There are many non premium balcony cat. cabins that also have larger balconies. Best way is to do your homework and search the deck plans, forgetting the misleading word "premium."

I could be wrong, but I always thought the Premium Balcony cabins are usually on the stern or bow.  Is this correct?

By the way I didn't mean continue a thread drift, I did notice where they are trying to entice you to 'upgrading' to a higher stateroom type "for just pennies a day..."  I'm waiting to see where they start doing this for categories within the same stateroom type.  

Edited by Daniel A

2 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Cabins are indeed identical…….the Premium balcony has a larger balcony and that’s it.  Maybe they could have shown a photo of the balconies.

I thought Premium Balconies get a barrel chair also.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

I could be wrong, but I always thought the Premium Balcony cabins are usually on the stern or bow.  Is this correct?

By the way I didn't mean continue a thread drift, I did notice where they are trying to entice you to 'upgrading' to a higher stateroom type "for just pennies a day..."  I'm waiting to see where they start doing this for categories within the same stateroom type.  

I suppose they're marketing to those of us who can't add. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, caribill said:

I thought Premium Balconies get a barrel chair also.

Nope!  Recently on Caribbean Princess in Cat B2 Premium balcony on Caribe deck and only desk chair.  Nice big balcony, though.

• Like 1

Another thing I think might be new related to pricing. In the past, if I cancelled an EZair flight between final payment and the 45 day window, it used to show as a credit on the booking balance. It also took forever to get it refunded. Recently, I cancelled an EZair flight. Nothing showed the amount, so I might have forgotten about it, except I did submit a refund request. Last week, I booked a new cruise and was surprised I didn't have to make a deposit. I looked at the payment and the EZair amount was listed as a payment.

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Not correct.

"Premium" balcony category cabins on Grand Class ships, such as the Crown, mid ship deck 10. These have the 9ftx9ft half covered balconies. Aft facing on decks 8,9,10 & 11. These have various sized balconies depending on the deck and location. Also note that there are many cabins on deck 10 forward and aft which the 9ftx9ft balconies and are identical to the mid ship ones designated "premium."

On Royal class ships it is different. I don't see any balcony category cabins at the stern. The ones there are deluxe balcony cabins with various sized balconies depending on the deck.

The deck plans are your friend. They tell the stories, ship by ship.

• Thanks 1

I think (always dangerous) that they are doing this ahead of the bid for your upgrade starting on September 6.  This will give passengers a price point when considering their bid.  

Agree, it is rather misleading.  Fare is quoted for entire cruise while "upgrade" is per day.  

I stopped second guessing Princess' Marketing Department.  I will stay with my tried and tested method.  Pick the cabin I want and pray that Princess does not "upgrade" me according to what they deem more desirable.  I always ask my TA to mark no upgrade.