Labor Day Sale Key went down to $16.99

I know a lot of folk will jump on here and say it's not worth it... certainly is for a solo 2 nighter. Wasn't trying to rehash that constant debate. I really enjoyed the embarkation Chops food and having them take my 2 bags and hand deliver to my room.

Just wanted to remind folk to check sales. It wasn't on sale yesterday when the Labor Day sales started. Prices change continuously. I check a few time a day.

Edited by twins_to_alaska
  • Like 4

It's gone down to $14.99 for my Anthem cruise on 23rd September. I have never ever seen it that low and it certainly wasn't at that price yesterday when the sale started. (Do we have new intern? 😆)

It's definitely worth it for a solo cruiser who wants internet and also for people who have packages for multiple devices too, given that the current price for S&S is $20.99/day.

It's not worth it to me on this particular sailing but if it were at that price on the two cruises I have booked for farther out (it's not, of course), I'd be seriously considering it.

Edited by FionaMG
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

It's gone down to $14.99 for my Anthem cruise on 23rd September. I have never ever seen it that low and it certainly wasn't at that price yesterday when the sale started. (Do we have new intern? 😆)

It's definitely worth it for a solo cruiser who wants internet and also for people who have packages for multiple devices too, given that the current price for S&S is $20.99/day.

It's not worth it to me on this particular sailing but if it were at that price on the two cruises I have booked for farther out (it's not, of course), I'd be seriously considering it.

I'm showing it for $15.99 on Anthem 10/17/22, down from the recent "sale" price of 22.99 and the full price of 29.99.  Like your sailing, the SS internet prices are still at $20.99.  This may be like the $18 DBP I've heard about lol

Just now, vjmatty said:

I'm showing it for $15.99 on Anthem 10/17/22, down from the recent "sale" price of 22.99 and the full price of 29.99.  Like your sailing, the SS internet prices are still at $20.99.  This may be like the $18 DBP I've heard about lol

Haha, yup. That's what the reference to a new intern was about. 😂

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Has the Key EVER been $41.99 per day?  I seriously doubt it.  I think Royal’s magical sale math is in play.

I am guessing the $41.99 is that bogus crossed-out price you always see in the planner that we know is just smoke and mirrors.

• Like 3

Mine is down to $20.99. That's the cheapest I've ever seen it. It's usually listed at $36.99, sometimes goes down to $30.99 when there's a sale. 

The lowest surf+stream price has been $20.99, which is what it's listed at right now, so Internet and the key are currently the same price. If I didn't have to buy the key for both passengers it would be worth it, but given I have to buy 2, it's not worth it. The only reason I would buy the key is to get a jump on reserving shows and dining.

I booked this for our cruise because it was cheaper than internet. My daughter does not want it so I tried to cancel and it tells me non-refundable. It's not the end of the world if I can't refund it, but I've always been able to cancel cruise planner items before so this surprised me. Has anyone been able to cancel after it was booked?

My cabin mate asked me a couple of weeks ago if I was going to purchase the internet package for our 9/25 cruise on the Oasis. I said no. I didn’t plan on being on the internet much and I get 2 days for D+. 

She purchased vroom for $22.99/day at that time. 

After seeing the Key discount, she cancelled her internet package and we both did Key for the week for about $125pp. Not bad since you get the internet and additional perks. 

7 minutes ago, Jyllie63 said:

I booked this for our cruise because it was cheaper than internet. My daughter does not want it so I tried to cancel and it tells me non-refundable. It's not the end of the world if I can't refund it, but I've always been able to cancel cruise planner items before so this surprised me. Has anyone been able to cancel after it was booked?

Yes, my friend called and cancelled her vroom package. 

Grabbed it for $17.99 on Allure 9/17. Was just about to get Voom 2 devices. And was considering chops lunch boarding day. This was $23 more for the key.  So this is technically a deal. We’ll use the internet and embarkation lunch but the other benefits are meaningless to us. 

• Like 1

For our sailing next week, the "Full price" listed for the Key went from $42 to currently $29. With the sale, the Key is $19.99 (30% off). Just cancelled and rebooked saving $100 from our previous sale price. I think someone loaded something wrong in the system. I can't imagine the new price is really that low but who knows.

6 hours ago, twins_to_alaska said:

The cheapest The Key had been was $24.99 for my early Dec 2 night solo sailing but this morning it went down to $16.99. I bought it. Voom Surf was $15.99 and Surf/Stream $19.99.

I just saw that too.  I jumped on it for Navigator in November!

2 hours ago, Jyllie63 said:

Everyone in the same stateroom (over 6) has to have it if one person does. That’s probably why it won’t let you cancel. 

• Like 1