CARIBBEAN PRINCESS

GeriatricNurse

Somewhere in the last 30 days or so Princess have removed both venues from the description of Specialty Dining options on Caribbean Princess. It is unclear if either will ever return as an offering. These may be permanent casualties of the Covid shutdown and the related budgetary cutbacks fleetwide. Neither ever seemed to take off or be wildly popular, so not sure if they ever turned a profit for Princess. 

• Like 1

The food area was used as an extension of the buffet and it was where you got made to order omelets and cooked to order eggs. It was much better for breakfast than the main part of the buffet and most people didn't go far enough back to even realize it had better stuff. It was also great for lunch as they had a burrito bar and ramen bar and it was not extra cost for lunch. Sad if they discontinued that.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Thrak said:

The food area was used as an extension of the buffet and it was where you got made to order omelets and cooked to order eggs. It was much better for breakfast than the main part of the buffet and most people didn't go far enough back to even realize it had better stuff. It was also great for lunch as they had a burrito bar and ramen bar and it was not extra cost for lunch. Sad if they discontinued that.

that’s exactly how the space  was being used during the month of July.  It was great!  Since Planks and Steamers were only open for dinner prior to Covid hopefully they will continue using the space for breakfast and lunch as you described. 

Sort of glad that Planks and Steamers are both closed.  They took so much seating away from the buffet at dinner. Planks and Steamers would be empty with no one eating there.  The staff would have buffet diners go and sit in that area because there was not enough seating in buffet. 

• Like 1

We liked both of these venues but each time we went, there were just not many others there dining so we would not be surprised if they did not return.  But I hope the noodle bowl and wok options that were free for lunch at that area do continue.  They were great.

Don

7 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

I believe the BBQ, was the pre-cooked boil in a bag type since since they cant use fire/smoke on board.

The seafood was all previously frozen.

You aren't missing anything.

We would say it was OK but not great, as we remember it.

I wouldn't rush back.

16 minutes ago, roxievegas said:

We are currently on board.  Neither are open and they are using the seating area for over flow for buffet.  I asked about the two area and I was told that they will never open again

is the ultimate balcony dinner being offered?  we've got a nice balcony and some OBC to use ...

1 hour ago, roxievegas said:

We are currently on board.  Neither are open and they are using the seating area for over flow for buffet.  I asked about the two area and I was told that they will never open again

Makes sense. It was never crowded, and food was not that good. Maybe they will bring back the crab shack some time in the future. This seemed to be popular. 

12 hours ago, Mud_Shark said:

We liked both of these venues but each time we went, there were just not many others there dining so we would not be surprised if they did not return.  But I hope the noodle bowl and wok options that were free for lunch at that area do continue.  They were great.

Don

We love the noodle bowl and wok for lunch.  We were on a Carnival cruise this summer and theirs was very disappointing compared to Caribbean Princess. 

Our last trip on the CB last year we dined at Steamers twice.  Once we were the only couple and the other time there was only one other table in use.  The food was pretty good but not equal to the other specialty restaurants.  We didn't think it would last for very long.