Solo Travel Surcharge on Celebrity

ScottC4746

Celebrity has offered a few deals lately that I have been able to take advantage of as a solo traveler.  I booked next February's cruise months ago; when they offered a deal with no single supplement, my travel agent was able to re-book and save me about $2k.  They offered another deal for December, 2023, Apex cruise; but I was already paying less than they offered.

Just last week, I booked a B2B on Silhouette during the buy 1, get the 2nd guest at 75% off sale.  Even though I am travelling with a friend, we were able to book separate cabins at a great rate.  

I see that sale is still going on...good luck!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ScottC4746 said:

Thinking about doing a solo cruise next summer LA to Mexican Riviera.  I am happily married so I am not interested in doing a Celebrity sponsored single's cruise.  How can one avoid those pesky single supplement fees?

Consider cruise only as that avoids paying for 2 x internet and 2 x drinks packages.

If you didn't already know, you can't just get them to remove the fees.  No/low fee sailing could be found on a TA site.  Here's the Solstice, ignore the pricing unless you're wanting an inside cabin, there's only 5 sailings that have a no/low fee.  I do wonder, why a "1% fee"?  lol

image.thumb.png.9756fb620fa7f8f6044714aab6c94dd7.png

• Like 1

There is website that lists all cruises with zero or minimum solo supplements. As this is my first post, I am not sure if I am allowed to link or identify it - but Google is your friend. For kicks, last night I did a dummy booking for a Penthouse Suite on Solstice LA - Mexican Riviera for late spring '23 and noticed there was no noticeable solo supplement. I am booked mid - November in a Royal Suite, no or minimal  supplement,  at a price that would make you weep.

• Thanks 1

I booked 4 Solstice cruise out of LA in October, January, and April with no single supplement charges that ended up being all from $200-400 for a solo inside cabin, two with all-included and all with some extra OBC. I only cruise solo and mostly stick to the West Coast and Alaska, so Celebrity really hasn't competed in the past for me on price and itinerary options, but when looking for a last-minute cruise in August, I saw a really good solo price for the Solstice to Alaska, and so my niece and sister also went, each getting a cheap solo fare and $250 in OBC. I looked on a major travel site that allows me to search cruises for a single person, and then I used a favorite TA site to find the ridiculous bargains that I ended up booking, along with enough OBC to buy a non-alcoholic package. I also was really delighted to Celebrity matching my RC loyalty status, and by the RCL price dipping enough for me to buy 100 shares and getting $500 more in OBC for my upcoming Celebrity cruises. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, the penguins said:

Consider cruise only as that avoids paying for 2 x internet and 2 x drinks packages.

I'm traveling solo and did a cruise only fare got a C1 category. 10 nights on the Equinox September 26th.  It was quite cheap. Had there been a second guest in my cabin it was pretty close to double the price. 

On 9/15/2022 at 11:17 AM, rj59 said:

I booked 4 Solstice cruise out of LA in October, January, and April with no single supplement charges that ended up being all from $200-400 for a solo inside cabin, two with all-included and all with some extra OBC. I only cruise solo and mostly stick to the West Coast and Alaska, so Celebrity really hasn't competed in the past for me on price and itinerary options, but when looking for a last-minute cruise in August, I saw a really good solo price for the Solstice to Alaska, and so my niece and sister also went, each getting a cheap solo fare and $250 in OBC. I looked on a major travel site that allows me to search cruises for a single person, and then I used a favorite TA site to find the ridiculous bargains that I ended up booking, along with enough OBC to buy a non-alcoholic package. I also was really delighted to Celebrity matching my RC loyalty status, and by the RCL price dipping enough for me to buy 100 shares and getting $500 more in OBC for my upcoming Celebrity cruises. 

Wish I could do an inside, but I get too claustrophobic.  

3 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

The price of a cabin is the same whether or not one or two people are occupying it. Just like a hotel room.

This is not always the case.  Celebrity has been offering a solo pricing recently with no single supplement, making the pricing for a single much more reasonable.  It's unusual but it does happen.  

3 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

The price of a cabin is the same whether or not one or two people are occupying it. Just like a hotel room.

Not always.  I got an EV on EDGE for a TA end of October which I only booked in July. I’ll be solo and it costs much less than a SS for two on the same cruise.

16 minutes ago, Host Anne said:

This is not always the case.  Celebrity has been offering a solo pricing recently with no single supplement, making the pricing for a single much more reasonable.  It's unusual but it does happen.  

My sister and I sailed on the Edge this past February. We each had our own inside cabins deck 11 right by elevators and stairs. Huge king size bed and extra large stateroom.  Paid $900 CAD for 7 nights. 

I was pricing some single rooms over the weekend, and I believe into Monday for a January cruise, and the single rates were all 1/2 the double rates.  It seems that is not the case anymore, even though the double rate is the same and they appear to word their "sale" the same.  Anybody have experience if these things come and go and I should just keep checking?  

47 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

Would that this were true, but it isn’t

The last 3 cruises I have taken since last November have all been single occupancy and pretty cheap.  I did a 7 night on the Edge a fairly new ship for $900 taxes included.  King bed with full size sofa. 

On 9/15/2022 at 10:42 AM, NutsAboutGolf said:

If you didn't already know, you can't just get them to remove the fees.  No/low fee sailing could be found on a TA site.  Here's the Solstice, ignore the pricing unless you're wanting an inside cabin, there's only 5 sailings that have a no/low fee.  I do wonder, why a "1% fee"?  lol

image.thumb.png.9756fb620fa7f8f6044714aab6c94dd7.png

So I tried to price the October 22nd cruise listed here, for a friend, as a single in an inside room, but on the Celebrity Website it came out to around $900. I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

19 minutes ago, cameoland said:

So I tried to price the October 22nd cruise listed here, for a friend, as a single in an inside room, but on the Celebrity Website it came out to around $900. I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Rates can change at anytime, I would recommend you or your friend utilize a travel agent to hunt for sailings with no/low fee singles