Police & EMT discount

ulcards99

I qualify for this discounted rate. I have booked cruises in the past at the "regular" rate and then later found the Police/EMT rate to be lower. I called my TA and was given the lower rate. FWIW, this rate also includes firefighters, that's how I qualify. The rate used to be for First Responders. For some reason they changed the name of the rate to Police/EMT and left out the word "Firefighters" but firefighters are still included, as they should be.

Edit to add: I just did a mock booking to check the price of an upcoming cruise and I see they have once again included firefighters in the discount. They have also included Canadian first responders & military which I don't think I have ever seen before.

Edited by cruiseguy1016
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ButterflyGirly said:

Do you know if this would this include retired LEO?

Google is your friend. --  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/qualifications-special-pricing

To qualify for a police/fire department rate, an individual must qualify under the following:

1. At least one guest in the stateroom must be an active or retired employee or volunteer of a local or state law enforcement agency, fire department or Emergency Medical Services unit in the United States or Canada

So, I would say yes, retried LEO is included.  

• Like 1

On 9/27/2022 at 9:39 AM, cruiseguy1016 said:

I qualify for this discounted rate. I have booked cruises in the past at the "regular" rate and then later found the Police/EMT rate to be lower. I called my TA and was given the lower rate. FWIW, this rate also includes firefighters, that's how I qualify. The rate used to be for First Responders. For some reason they changed the name of the rate to Police/EMT and left out the word "Firefighters" but firefighters are still included, as they should be.

Edit to add: I just did a mock booking to check the price of an upcoming cruise and I see they have once again included firefighters in the discount. They have also included Canadian first responders & military which I don't think I have ever seen before.

As a retired canadian law enforcement, they have always given me the rate when it is available.  Since 2012.    

Edited by retird
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ButterflyGirly said:

Do you know if this would this include retired LEO?

It works for me!  

Edited in:  Full disclosure, I'm a retired from Active U.S. Army duty Military Policeman.  

Edited by Ret MP

12 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

neverbeenhere, thank you for the link. Unless it is a significant discount it looks like a lot of work to find a discounted cruise. 

"To qualify for Interline Personnel rates, you must place your reservation through a participating travel agency. Contact your human resources department for a list of these agencies."

How do you know if you have a participating travel agency? I have no human resource department to contact.

Thank you again for the link. I'll ask my travel agent if she is aware of the Royal Caribbean "Interline Personnel rates".

7 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

neverbeenhere, thank you for the link. Unless it is a significant discount it looks like a lot of work to find a discounted cruise. 

"To qualify for Interline Personnel rates, you must place your reservation through a participating travel agency. Contact your human resources department for a list of these agencies."

How do you know if you have a participating travel agency? I have no human resource department to contact.

Thank you again for the link. I'll ask my travel agent if she is aware of the Royal Caribbean "Interline Personnel rates".

Interline rate isn’t for military. It’s for airline employees. We get it since hubby flies for AA. You have to send in your airline id every time you book with Royal. There are also a few participating travel agencies which can’t be named on here. If you work for an airline call Royal.

Edited by ReneeFLL

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Interline rate isn’t for military. It’s for airline employees. We get it since hubby flies for AA. You have to send in your airline id every time you book with Royal. There are also a few participating travel agencies which can’t be named on here. If you work for an airline call Royal.

Got it thanks. Didn't catch it was starting another process.

So as a veteran it says I have to produce a copy of my DD 214 and a current photo (I'm guessing my passport will work) at check-in. So, what happens? My final payment was 75 days earlier. How does this discount work, onboard credit, a refund or something put towards a future cruise?

2 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

Got it thanks. Didn't catch it was starting another process.

So as a veteran it says I have to produce a copy of my DD 214 and a current photo (I'm guessing my passport will work) at check-in. So, what happens? My final payment was 75 days earlier. How does this discount work, onboard credit, a refund or something put towards a future cruise?

After final.payment it cannot be applied

The military discount is applied at time of booking and is a discount of varying amounts off the cruise fare.  It is not offered on every cruise.  Royal uses it as a way to increase sales not to reward veterans for their service

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

After final.payment it cannot be applied

Royal uses it as a way to increase sales not to reward veterans for their service

That's unfortunate.

To all current military, veterans and first responders, Thank You for your service.

• Like 3

On 9/28/2022 at 8:25 PM, ReneeFLL said:

Yes, but sometimes it’s not always the best price. Check different ways of pricing the cruises.

Yep, I ghost shop (when I say I, I mean my wife) plug in every possible discount we qualify for, in different combinations.  When I (she) finds the fare with the best advantage, we then call our TA or RCCL direct and let them know what we found and ask them to beat it, if possible.  My wife does a great job in finding the best possible fare for us.  But, some times the TA or RCCL comes up with something really special.  Many times, the Military Fare/Discount isn't the best deal, for sure.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mpdog42 said:

I would say that Carnival some times doles out some OBC and they do have a special event for Military.but what LEO would want to go on a short sailing  on Carnival right now😛

Princess gives onboard credit to vets and current military that have sent in their information. They also have a recognition get together on a sea day where we can talk about our experiences. I've been able to talk to a WWII vet and a retired general just to name a few. It's very humbling and rewarding.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

They also have a recognition get together on a sea day where we can talk about our experiences. I've been able to talk to a WWII vet and a retired general just to name a few. It's very humbling and rewarding.

Royal has those too.

They had a huge cake for the recognition on the Voyager TA.

• 1 year later...