will I be able to make my flight?

xray0111

Delta just changed my flight out of FLL to 11:45.  We will be returning on the 12/11/22. In the past we have only sailed in February or March with flights leaving around 1:00.  My guess is there will be 5-6 ships in port that day.  Also, we have used the luggage valet that  RCCL offered. Will I be OK with this 11:45 flight?

Another question...will guest services print my Delta boarding pass while onboard?  We will not have the internet package.  

Thanks, XRAY

5 minutes ago, xray0111 said:

Delta just changed my flight out of FLL to 11:45.  We will be returning on the 12/11/22. In the past we have only sailed in February or March with flights leaving around 1:00.  My guess is there will be 5-6 ships in port that day.  Also, we have used the luggage valet that  RCCL offered. Will I be OK with this 11:45 flight?

Another question...will guest services print my Delta boarding pass while onboard?  We will not have the internet package.  

Thanks, XRAY

You should be fine..Airport is 10 minutes away..

yes you'll be fine with 1145 FLL.  I don't know how tech savvy you are but some options are regarding your boarding pass:  print at airport. Download the Delta app on your phone pre cruise then buy one day of internet on ship and screenshot the boarding pass.  

As of right now royal has not brought back luggage valet.      

As soon as the ship docks you should be able to connect to wifi via your phone or tablet and can do your airport check in online.

Or 

If diamond or higher the concierge in the lounge could probably help you.

Guest services may or may not help, I'm not sure as I have never asked.  

Or as said above do it at the airport as you should have plenty of time.

As said no Luggage valet available yet, if option to check Bags at Curb so you dont have go threw Check in Line. Now if Date was 2 wks earlier or later possible issues having done dozen Cruises getting off right after Thanksgiving and 22-23 DEC where line was out the door at FLL several times

1 hour ago, xray0111 said:

Thanks, XRAY

Are you Diamond or above?  If so the Diamond Lounge concierge can do it for you…

Haven't flown Delta in quite some time, but for SWA, JetBlue, American and United we just use their apps for boarding passes. No need to print anything.

Makes life a lot easier, just have to check bags. They may have a kiosk where you can do that. My last flight to FLL I didn't check bags so not sure about that.

On 9/29/2022 at 7:29 PM, xray0111 said:

Thanks, XRAY

You should be just fine with an 1145am flight. 

When they assign you to a departure group (via the color coded luggage tags), make sure you are in one of the first groups to disembark the ship.  If not, go to the front desk when you get the luggage tags and ask for an earlier departure group. 

I travel by air all the time.  Sometimes I don't check in until I get to the airport. 

So, don't sweat the check-in issue. 

And, as another poster stated - you will have internet access on your phone early in the morning on the day you arrive back in port.  Delta will have emailed you a link to check in for your flight. Click on the link in your email and check in.  Then, get your boarding passes at the airport.  No worries.  No worries. 

Enjoy your cruise!