Drink prices increased?

dc15

10 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Just wondering do you work for Royal? How could you possibly know this?

It's an educated guess based on experience and logic. I posted the same thing earlier and would be shocked if that's wrong or if the free D drinks were suddenly $1 drinks.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Dewaldcruiser said:

I was on the Navigator last week and I grabbed a drink at the Bamboo Room.  When the waiter brought me a bill, I asked if used my Diamond voucher and said that the drink was $14.  I got a bill for $1.18.

Hasn't the Bamboo Room always had "extra cost" drinks that weren't fully covered by the DBP (or Diamond Vouchers)?

2 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

But it does apply for those of us cruising over the next couple of weeks who bought the drink package months ago. 

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

Just wondering do you work for Royal? How could you possibly know this?

Because this is the way it is. 

the DBP has ALWAYS said it cover up to $13, (actually at one point it was $12) but Oasis class ships have ALWAYS had more expensive drinks, and the DBP ALWAYS cover them. 

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Bxc53 said:

Have to agree. At our favorite local restaurant/ lounge, an old fashioned is $7.50 or 5.00 on happy hour.  Got one yesterday onboard for $15.34 total and it was not as good ( or as strong) as my local watering hole… But a long swim to the next option 😉

But Lynden isn’t exactly Seattle. I don’t go out that often, but even Lynnwood prices are getting high.

Prices go up all the time, in fact inlation running at about 8.5% currently.

Cocktail didnt used to be $13 and the drink packages used to only cover drinks that were $12. Standard cocktails on the menu will always be covered by the drink package and diamond drinks.

The only cocktails that have ever been upcharged are those with a keepsake cup or when you change something like using top shelf.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bxc53 said:

I’m on the Quantum now.  Most drinks a la carte are $13 plus mandatory gratuity, so $15.34 total.  It’s helping me keep on my “one a day” plan… 😏

How many Covid cases are you aware of on the Quantum now. I know of 5 in quarantine. Have you heard anything? I know everyone is getting tested who is staying on the ship in Honolulu. 

10 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

IDK if they have increased since I rarely buy a la carte -- the C&A drinks are plenty for me. Just as a side note, the MSC basic drink package for $38 prepaid online (regardless of ship or sailing date) is about the best drink package at sea (for the price). Now that MSC has added 5 ships to be based in North America -- watch out RCI. Not that people cruise for booze -- just 'sayin:

Here's is what you get at MSC for $38:

Screen Shot 2022-10-09 at 10.34.21 AM.png

Not quite equal ....Easy package is all well...no brand listed. Also only draft beer and Miller light for beer....Very limited selctions...so this is NOT apples to apples. Here is current MSC drink package pricing. The Easy plus package appears to be closest to UBP on RCL and is a good bargain at $51/pp/day

• Easy Package: $38 per person, per day
  • Easy Plus Package: $51 per person, per day
  • Premium Extra Package: $71 per person, per day
  • Alcoholic-Free Package: $26 per person, per day (21+ years old); $17 per person, per day (3-20 years old)

34 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

LOL Lynden is definitely not Seattle.  

And that’s why we live there 😎  Grew up in Seattle, then moved to Lynwood, Marysville, Arlington and now Lynden for our retirement home. Any farther north will take a different passport 😉

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, KonaDave said:

How many Covid cases are you aware of on the Quantum now. I know of 5 in quarantine. Have you heard anything? I know everyone is getting tested who is staying on the ship in Honolulu. 

Not aware of any. Masks now optional for pax and crew. Maybe 15-20% are wearing them, some as chin guards, lol.  Crew seems happy and at full strength. Pretty much back to old school normal, drink prices excepted 😜

Edited by Bxc53
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RockHoundTX said:

Not sure about that. Have that exact issue on Carnival where the "free drink" is actually a dollar short of actually being free for any alcoholic drink/cocktail. I would not be at all surprised. 

While that is technically true, I have literally never once been charged the difference except one time when I was still gold and could order at any bar. I went to Alchemy where the drinks were more expensive than a standard cocktail. Other than that, never.

Have you had a different experience?

10 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Since they've already jacked up the drink package price, I would imagine increasing the cocktail price would just be to get people to start buying drink package again

Or to give them an excuse to increase the price of the drinks package again 😉

Just was reading the FAQ's on Royal's website and it now says it covers up to $14

A

The Deluxe Beverage Package allows guests to enjoy unlimited drinks and options all cruise long.* With a handpicked array of brands to choose from, you can toast to bottomless beverages with your preferred drink of choice. Check out some of our top-notch brands below.

• Cocktails / Spirits / Liqueurs / Beer
  • Bottled still and sparkling water
  • Wines by the glass
  • Fresh squeezed juices / Non-alcoholic cocktail
  • Premium coffees and teas
  • Fountain sodas / Coca-Cola Freestyle® beverages
  • Coca-Cola® souvenir cup included

* Package includes any single beverage item with a value up to $14. Plus, receive a 40% discount on bottled wines priced up to $100, and 20% discount on wines priced above $100

• Thanks 1