Crown & Anchor Bonus amenities

12 hours ago, davekathy said:

Cruising. Playing hide 'n seek and catch us if you can with Fiona. Kathy and I were thinking and hoping you and Bucky were able to avoid Ian.  

We did the hurricane 2 step around both Ian and Fiona.   Fiona caused our Harmony east bound to quickly become a west bound itinerary.  Luckily only on for one week, which gave us time to "batten down the hatches" at home for Ian.  

Suffered no damage, except a lot of tree branches down, some minor flooding (but not into the house except for a couple of trickles in the porch), and never lost power.  Considered ourselves very lucky, though I feel so bad for our Florida neighbors to the southwest.  So sad.  

Leaving in two days for Barcelona to board Wonder (our temporary home for 4 weeks).  Looking forward to meeting her.  🙂 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, island lady said:

We did the hurricane 2 step around both Ian and Fiona.   Fiona caused our Harmony east bound to quickly become a west bound itinerary.  Luckily only on for one week, which gave us time to "batten down the hatches" at home for Ian.  

Suffered no damage, except a lot of tree branches down, some minor flooding (but not into the house except for a couple of trickles in the porch), and never lost power.  Considered ourselves very lucky, though I feel so bad for our Florida neighbors to the southwest.  So sad.  

Leaving in two days for Barcelona to board Wonder (our temporary home for 4 weeks).  Looking forward to meeting her.  🙂 

Glad to hear that. The cruise we were on on a lot of people from all over Florida. Some were going home to nothing. 

Bon Voyage and enjoy. 🍷

• Like 1

On 10/10/2022 at 3:21 PM, pfdaxe358 said:

But how many cruises and thousands of $$$ to get those "free" items. Nothing is free...

I'm not sure exactly why it matters how often or how much is spent on cruising.  The fact is as Diamond, my husband and I get 8 free drinks per day + some other perks.  They are not charging an extra surcharge or membership fee to get the perks so they aren't costing me anything.

But, it seems you want to troll, so enough said about the subject.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

At current stock prices it would only take you 41  7-12 night cruises to recoup the cost of 100 shares.

Having bought stock this summer I am now just 39 cruises away from breaking even.

BTW, only takes 10 Carnival, Princess, Cunnard or Holland America cruises to break even at their current stock price. 

Edited by mac66
  • Haha 1

We just went over 350 points on our last cruise.  Guess it's time to call and update our amenities.

Anyone have any recommendations.  I think we are doing a bottle of Shiraz for our current one, along with water for each of us. 

1 hour ago, mac66 said:

At current stock prices it would only take you 41  7-12 night cruises to recoup the cost of 100 shares.

Having bought stock this summer I am now just 39 cruises away from breaking even.

BTW, only takes 10 Carnival, Princess, Cunnard or Holland America cruises to break even at their current stock price. 

Bought some shares back when it hit $19 a share. Been on 6 RCL cruises and have got 13 more (7 day cruises) to go. Then those first 100 shares are "FREE".

For CCL stock we would only need 9 cruises to break even. CCL at todays prices you would only need 7 cruises (7 day or three 14+ day cruises) to break even on 100 shares.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2022 at 6:56 AM, pfdaxe358 said:

Their "Loyalty" program makes me laugh. Spend all that money and cruise X amount of times...and we'll give you a can of pop "each" 

Have you looked at other loyalty programs? Royal seems to be better.

On 10/10/2022 at 7:16 AM, pfdaxe358 said:

Oh ok...and you really think all of that was "free"  Sure 😉

They got to enjoy all those cruises didn’t they?

On 10/10/2022 at 8:19 AM, island lady said:

Best part of turning Pinnie....unlimited free.  😉  Yeah, it pays to be loyal.  🤗

That’s what I’m looking forward to. Free wi-fi since I’m tired of paying for it. 

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, frank808 said:

Bought some shares back when it hit $19 a share. Been on 6 RCL cruises and have got 13 more (7 day cruises) to go. Then those first 100 shares are "FREE".

For CCL stock we would only need 9 cruises to break even. CCL at todays prices you would only need 7 cruises (7 day or three 14+ day cruises) to break even on 100 shares.

I bought in at 20, sold at 40. No OBC available then😪

So bought back in at 35 and have collected, or will collect about 1500 for what is booked. So I guess mine are free now 😁

• Like 3

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I bought in at 20, sold at 40. No OBC available then😪

So bought back in at 35 and have collected, or will collect about 1500 for what is booked. So I guess mine are free now 😁

Now hopeful that RCL will become profitable and pay off those loans in the next 5 years. Then they will start paying dividends to stock holders. If RCL can get back to pre covid dividend payouts,  I figure I get a couple free 7 day cruises every quarter.

17 hours ago, davekathy said:

Glad to hear that. The cruise we were on on a lot of people from all over Florida. Some were going home to nothing. 

Bon Voyage and enjoy. 🍷

That is so sad...especially feeling so helpless that they were not home to secure the house before the terrible storm hit.  But indeed for some...it would not have mattered.   Too many lost too much.  😞 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

That’s what I’m looking forward to. Free wi-fi since I’m tired of paying for it. 

I was being stingy before that...spreading out our 24 hour freebies.  

Now...can play here on CC as much as I like while on board.  😄 

I don't even look at the current price of the shares of RCI.   Bought the required 100 shares when the price was down, and am enjoying the OBC for each cruise I book now.  

I look at it this way....I have nothing to show after a booked cruise...but memories.  Having spent about the same amount of money on that cruise, as I did buying the shares, I still have the shares left after purchase.  And it is still paying out OBC unlimited for as long as I would like.  🙂 

• Like 1

We last cruise Royal in 2019

Since then we have become Elite Plus on Celebrity, but looking at Anthem of the Seas as they have a Madeira & Canary cruise which Celebrity don’t do.

Our last Celebrity cruise was All included, ie Tips, Wi Fi & Classic drinks package.

Is this how Royal sell their cabins, or is it ‘Sail Only., price?

If so, I know as Diamond we would get the drinks Happy hour 4-8, which means you can get drinks in the dining room, which you can’t on Celebrity & 24 hours of Wi Fi, which I don’t like as you waste a number of hours while you are asleep.

Is there anything else? Sorry to ask, but I can’t read the chart posted on #4.

Edited by upwarduk

On 10/10/2022 at 3:21 PM, pfdaxe358 said:

But how many cruises and thousands of $$$ to get those "free" items. Nothing is free...

It is not free, but it is free for me on my cruises since we became Diamonds and even more at Diamond+

JFYI we cruised a lot with 7 other companies too. Check my signature. We never concentrated on RCI till recently just to get to Diamond level, but none other mass market line offers the same level of benefits as RCI even if you spend thousands with them. I could continue to sail with them and did not get this.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

We last cruise Royal in 2019

Since then we have become Elite Plus on Celebrity, but looking at Anthem of the Seas as they have a Madeira & Canary cruise which Celebrity don’t do.

Our last Celebrity cruise was All included, ie Tips, Wi Fi & Classic drinks package.

Is this how Royal sell their cabins, or is it ‘Sail Only., price?

If so, I know as Diamond we would get the drinks Happy hour 4-8, which means you can get drinks in the dining room, which you can’t on Celebrity & 24 hours of Wi Fi, which I don’t like as you waste a number of hours while you are asleep.

Is there anything else? Sorry to ask, but I can’t read the chart posted on #4.

Royal changed rules. You can use your 4 drinks as D and 5 as D+ all day long, but not unlimited during happy hours. Diamond Lounge still provides hors d'oeuvres for 3.5 hours in afternoon.

On 10/10/2022 at 12:16 PM, pfdaxe358 said:

Oh ok...and you really think all of that was "free"  Sure 😉

WOW! Free? Not in the traditional sense.  Yes, you are paying for a ticket.  But the amenities/benefits are included in the fare, a fare that is discounted because of your status, BTW.  If you use none of it, some of it, or all of it, the fare is the same.  So, in that context, it's free, you did not pay extra for the extra amenities/benefits.  And yes, you have to do a lot of cruising and paying for the tickets to do so.  However, I know in my case, at least, I'd do those cruises anyway, I generally don't cruise because of the C&A benefits (yes, my next cruise is to achieve D status, but we'd probably look to cruise this month anyway). That's a non-issue issue.  

And you are the one that said, "and we'll give you a can of pop "each".  That is factually incorrect and that's where this started.  

Last point:  Of all the 3 or 4 "big box" cruise lines, Royal's Loyalty Benefits/Amenities are probably (I say probably because I haven't researched each and every one of them) the most generous. I know it's much better than Rustbucket Cruise Lines, Inc (Carnival)).  

• Like 1

Speaking of "FREE" Loyalty amenities/benefits, when you do reach the status where you get the "FREE" drinks, do you have to do anything, like check-in at the Loyalty desk, or whatever, to get the vouchers placed in your Set Sail Account?