Priorty Embarkation for suites, can other family cabins traveling with us, board with us?

4sslack

Wanted some input for this question...

We are in a RS, and have had other family in an OV cabin, board with us in priority suites line...

However, we have 10 other cabins booked, Family all traveling together, and they are OV or V...

There are young children and babies, and inexperienced cruisers...

Will they let All of us board through the priority suite line?  TIA

• Haha 1

I'd hate to be the PRH/Butler for that RS!   Can you imagine the extra work s/he will be doing taking care of not only the passengers booked in the RS but all their "nearest & dearest" who also want to enjoy the benefits of a royal suite?      

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

In our experience, they allowed a family group (ours was 4 cabins, not 10+!), to enter at the same time, but we all went to our appropriate check-in Line and then met after going through that. 

All done very quickly, so no reason for 10+ cabin full of non-Suites to go through the Suite line. 

But again, you can all go into the terminal at the same time, just not the special lines set for Suites and so on. 

Den

3 hours ago, 4sslack said:

We are in a RS, and have had other family in an OV cabin, board with us in priority suites line...

However, we have 10 other cabins booked, Family all traveling together, and they are OV or V...

I would hope not. Couple of cabins no problem. All of them? It’s bordering on taking the mickey. 

Guest 4-2-N-8
4 hours ago, 4sslack said:

Flat out disrespectful to those of us who always pay the full price (not a "move up") to actually have the elevated experience.

Simply ask them to pay for the experience just as myself and others like me have done.

I'm not the bad guy here for being candid in response. I intend no offense at calling this for what it would be: disrespectful to even think of doing it, let alone attempting it.

Almost akin to chair hogs (don't get me started).

Edited by 4-2-N-8

Everyone was a new, inexperienced cruiser at some time.  Getting through the check in does not take a PHD. I'm sure they will do quite fine on their own.   If you think they will have a problem then, like other have said, join them. Don't ask everyone who paid for a suite to be subjected to 10+ cabins, with  babies and toddlers who are not in a suite.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Agreed.  Not fair to others.

Besides, I can't even imagine being able to wrangle 10 cabins worth of passengers to get them all to the pier/terminal at the same time, and have them all prepared to enter the terminal with their documents at the ready. 

Having worked at a cruise terminal, I can tell you that watching passengers try to gather a travel group together is difficult.  There is always someone who is late, missing something, kids needing bathrooms etc. 

OP,  just let everyone arrive at their own pace/time - you can all meet up later on the ship.

I have one story regarding a family (w/young kids) sailing on Carnival who just remained near the line to get into the terminal.  Due to the strict requirement of ArriveCan (Canadian public health registration),  Carnival pretty much suspended all of its priority perks and we were not checking arrival times, so basically when you arrived at the pier you could start the embarkation process.  I spoke to the dad who was waiting and he mentioned his M-I-L had some priority status, and she wanted the family to wait for her.  I told him there was no priority until they reached the second floor and went thru security.  The priority line was just at check-in which was the last step in the embarkation process.  He declined my suggestion of getting in line and starting embarkation, and he and his family dutifully waited for about an hour for the M-I-L to arrive.  Didn't make ant sense to me, but that's what they did.

Edited by Ferry_Watcher
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Panzano said:

I'd hate to be the PRH/Butler for that RS!   Can you imagine the extra work s/he will be doing taking care of not only the passengers booked in the RS but all their "nearest & dearest" who also want to enjoy the benefits of a royal suite?      

Wasn't  a suite,  but we had a Sunset Veranda cabin on EDGE.  Our next door neighbors  were party central for about 20 others.. in the afternoon, pre dinner  post dinner party all the time.  We thought it was rude and selfish and  could only enjoy our  balc  when they went to dinner or events!  Lots of extra clean up work for staff.

I think the friends of the suite people will manage boarding on their own;  and enjoy the amenities that come with their booking.

• Like 3

I would hope not. Inexperienced cruisers, young children and babies all go through the regular lines on every single cruise. Allowing it to turn into NCL where one person tosses grandma in a wheelchair so the other 30 people in the group t-shirt can board first would not go over very well. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, hcat said:

Wasn't  a suite,  but we had a Sunset Veranda cabin on EDGE.  Our next door neighbors  were party central for about 20 others.. in the afternoon, pre dinner  post dinner party all the time.  We thought it was rude and selfish and  could only enjoy our  balc  when they went to dinner or events!  Lots of extra clean up work for staff.

I think the friends of the suite people will manage boarding on their own;  and enjoy the amenities that come with their booking.

We had similar on board a Royal Caribbean cruise. A father and two kids came to join the mother and 3 more toddlers.  We asked to be moved after the first night.

Getting on topic - if the RS is "party central" hope the butler is properly rewarded.  

If this is allowed I will invite everyone on the roll call, those on the shuttle from the parking lot and everyone in the terminal to join me on my next cruise when I am in a suite.   I will say they are all in my party and joining me for this cruise.    😱 🤗

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

16 hours ago, 4sslack said:

Suite privileges are for suite guests only, not for accompanying family members. If you have, perhaps one elderly relative in your group, they may waive the rules and let them board with you but not 10 cabins worth of guests. Not because they are reluctant to help but it simply would clog up the expedited experience other suite guests have paid for.

Simply talk your family through the procedures for boarding. Not difficult. I suggest you arrange to all meet up at a specific point late afternoon after everyone has boarded, completed muster etc. Sail away is frequently at about 4.30pm. Perhaps, you could all meet then?

Equally on board the suite perks apply to your suite only. Your extended family will not be able to join you in the suite lounge, deck or restaurant. Many family groups can find it difficult to be in different categories of room as they then have the dilemma of either using the upgraded facilities they have paid for and being away from the rest of their family for significant parts of the day or not use the Retreat facilities and be with their family. 

My apologies if this is not in your planning but I would like to express a further concern. I do understand that a larger suite can be a gathering point for the family for sail aways, pre dinner drinks etc. However, if your party is in excess of 20 guests (which I assume it is with 10 cabins) I think you could be overestimating the capacity of the RS on all classes of ship to act as a ‘hub’. We have hosted sail away parties in the S class RS and I would suggest 8/10 guests is cramped. 

We do enjoy the Retreat experience and if you haven’t experienced it yet I would recommend. However, you may get your value from it more if you were travelling on your own. If I was travelling with a large family group not in suites, I would drop back to a veranda simply because I would want to be spending all my time with them not away from them. I honestly think you could be paying for suite facilities like Luminae and the suite lounge but then not using them…

OP my apologies if this post sounds negative…it isn’t intended to be, I just feel you, perhaps, have not thought certain things through. We have cruised in a suite with friends in a veranda and it did cause some issues.

Sincere best wishes for a great family cruise.

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/14/2022 at 10:03 AM, Panzano said:

This attitude of "we have RS benefits we wants to share with our dearest & nearest who DID NOT PAY FOER THIS"  is TOTALLY inappropriate!!  (The poster's question is totally mind-boggling!!)  

Just now, SusieAV8R said:

This attitude of "we have RS benefits we wants to share with our dearest & nearest who DID NOT PAY FOER THIS"  is TOTALLY inappropriate!!  (The poster's question is totally mind-boggling!!)  

Just now, SusieAV8R said:

FOR not "FOER"

On 10/14/2022 at 3:28 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

We had similar on board a Royal Caribbean cruise. A father and two kids came to join the mother and 3 more toddlers.  We asked to be moved after the first night.

Getting on topic - if the RS is "party central" hope the butler is properly rewarded.  

Your response does not take into account the negative impact on those suite guests who have the same Butler or those suite cruisers who are lined up to board!!

On 10/14/2022 at 10:03 AM, Panzano said:

The poster's question is TOTALLY mind-boggling!!  Not only the Butler involved but those who have paid for suites are negatively impacted!!!

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Reminds me when the airlines announce those with infants that need extra  time to board...and everyone traveling with them follows right along. 🤬

Sadly this is exactly where the "entitlement" theology leads to 🙂

• Like 7