Icons Itineraries

Maybe I'm the minority but it looks just too big, and too family orientated for me.  (No shade on families, just not my thing) Guess dh and I just prefer a ship that's a bit smaller with more 'intimate' locations. But we're also not in our 30's or even 40's anymore, so that probably has something to do with it😅

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, runner2013 said:

Maybe I'm the minority but it looks just too big, and too family orientated for me.  (No shade on families, just not my thing) Guess dh and I just prefer a ship that's a bit smaller with more 'intimate' locations. But we're also not in our 30's or even 40's anymore, so that probably has something to do with it😅

I totally agree! I have a few questions for RCCL. Have they tested how fast they can evacuate 10,000 people in the event of an emergency? Have they stopped building smaller ships for people like us that actually want to see the ocean, rather than a ship full of kids at an amusement park? I personally do NOT want to be in port when all these people descend on a port stop.

I remember when the Ovation was first arriving in Honolulu. The news stations were cautioning the residents to allow more time to get to work because of the surge of people coming off the ship. Vancouver was concerned it couldn't get under the bridge. 

I see most of the people excited about this new ship are younger people. They are also the ones that don't care if the dining room has a dress code or tablecloths. They don't remember the days when you didn't have to pay to get an exceptional meal in the dining room. I guess I'm a fuddy duddy. I prefer a smaller ship that concentrates on the actual ocean.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I went on Symphony in May and it was a mad house per su with everyone crusing again, so i'm afraid this will be the same way.  It did clear out during the week like it usually does, but Icon seems to be alot going on. 

I tried to book the other day. There was a glitch that allowed you to start a booking for the April 24 cruise out of Miami. My price was $3,600 for two for an Oceanview balcony. Wouldn’t let me finish the booking, and a few hours later it was gone from the website. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sandebeach said:

I tried to book the other day. There was a glitch that allowed you to start a booking for the April 24 cruise out of Miami. My price was $3,600 for two for an Oceanview balcony. Wouldn’t let me finish the booking, and a few hours later it was gone from the website. 

If that's the going rate, you won't be seeing me on the ship.  😄

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Can’t wait to see how much they are charging for all of those theme parks at sea. Should have named it the Laughingstock of the Seas😱. We will stick to their other ships.

Ahhh there's always that one 🤡

3 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I just read the email about the Icon. Looks very "pool heavy." Their email didn't focus much on shows or restaurants, and it seems like a very family-resort style ship for pool people. It looks interesting and I'm sure there's more to it than what they're showing. 

And slides!  Just watching Harr's review.  Looks like splash away bay has been moved where there Boardwalk would be WOW

• Like 1

It definitely is meant for families...

Claudia Diaz-Gonzalez, Associate Vice President of Product Development, thinks putting the family vacation first is a major priority, "One of the things that stands out to me the most about the insights that we've received from our guests is that bonding with family, friends, or whoever you're traveling with always comes to the top."

Royal Caribbean's Senior Vice President and Chief Product Innovation Officer Jay Schneider went one step further when he recently said, "Simply put, Icon will be the best family vacation in the world."

Additionally - Wonder of the seas has 2867 rooms, Icon has 2805, yet Icon has 7600 passenger capacity and wonder is only 7084 passengers. This is because the rooms are more geared towards families. 

Edited by msuspartabigten