Info on the 'Excursion' $100 credit on the current Promo

PRINCESS Sweet Pea

We have put a hold on a cruise, and it appears that Princess might be able to tell what kind of credit this is, and limit it to Princess Excursions. So, it doesn't look like it is showing as usual Onboard Credit.  That is okay for. us, as there is actually one that we would book.  

So, I pulled up this HOLD, and it is specific in showing this as an 'Excursion Credit'.  

It also shows the small Onboard Credit that came with the booking.  But we have no other Onboard Credit that would be showing.  It is just showing 'Excursion Credit'.

I know that some people have wondered if this was like any other Onboard Credit, or if it was ONLY for Princess Excursions.  And most replies have been that the Princess system doesn't recognize the difference.   But looking at this booking on hold, it looks like the system does know the difference.  

I don't know if others here would have both regular and 'excursion' credit, so that would definitely show how the system is doing this.

I hope some others might tell what theirs looks like.  Because Some people might be disappointed if they can't use this onboard.

18 minutes ago, rwilk1129 said:

I sure hope we can use it for anything. Will be watching for somebody to report back when it is used onboard.

Who's got a voyage with excursion credit before my Dec 8, 2022 cruise? My most expensive excursion = $ $109.95. So yeah, I'm 1/2 covered (solos get 200 OBC)

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 2

Ombud, I think that this extra excursion onboard credit is for cruises beginning Jan 2023.

That is interesting Lizabu!  So, you have booked an excursion and it let's you select to use this credit for payment, even before sailing.   

If this is true, it might be right that Princess has put this in place in their system that it is separate, from excursion credit only.

6 minutes ago, Lizabu said:

I’m pretty sure with this promotion it’s for excursions only. You can book the excursion on the personalizer and apply it to the excursion right away too.

Why are you “pretty sure”?
Curious as we have the same on an upcoming cruise. 

It is funny with Princess.  They will say 'Kids Sail Free'... and that actually means that extra people in the cabin are free.  Isn't really limited to kids.   But, in this case, I do wonder if by saying 'Excursion', they now have the system set up to know what is Excursion and what is not.   Might have to wait until January to find out.

Edited by PRINCESS Sweet Pea
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

Ombud, I think that this extra excursion onboard credit is for cruises beginning Jan 2023.

That is interesting Lizabu!  So, you have booked an excursion and it let's you select to use this credit for payment, even before sailing.   

If this is true, it might be right that Princess has put this in place in their system that it is separate, from excursion credit only.

Yes. I booked the excursion with the $100 credit 

3 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

I know it says that but my CVP gave it to me for a December 8, 2022 cruise. 

20221021_195027.thumb.jpg.9237aa3db8da2a3aa42bd99f8f5f7065.jpg

On 10/21/2022 at 3:56 PM, Wishing on a star said:

So, you have booked an excursion and it let's you select to use this credit for payment, even before sailing. 

Aren't excursions always charged to OBC pre cruise? I am sure our recent excursions were.

BTW when I look at a future cruise, it shows Military OBC for me and DW but she does not get Military OBC. This happens all the time.

Edited by Tedferg

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I certainly hope someone reports back from a recent sailing. It just seems strange that they should segregate Shore Excursions into a separate group. 

Well I can report back in December (6 weeks) but not before

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lizabu said:

This thread has been very helpful. I’ve gone ahead and canceled the excursion I booked because I’d rather have the OBC. Thank you.

Same with us. We no longer go on any tours in the Caribbean and have better uses for that money. 

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

Well I can report back in December (6 weeks) but not before

Sounds like a plan.

What date do you return?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...