Live - One Way Voyage(r), Boston to San Juan 10/30

7 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Sounds like an amazing holiday.  This will be our first Jr Suite.  Andy’s secretly hoping we don’t love it LOL. 

Tell Andy (or maybe don't tell Andy) that once you go suite, you can never go back.  

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Thanks for your kind words Greg and I’m thrilled to have you along.  I do need to do a better job proofreading my posts before submitting.  I hate when I find a typo and it’s too late to fix it!

We’re really looking forward to our stay at the CasaBlanca.  We will definitely hit up their little bar - I mean how could I ignore a bar recommendation from you!

I’ll also keep an eye out for your bourbons & whisky as well as great bartenders.  Stay tuned!

As a somewhat (OK...full blown) perfectionist, typos are one of my biggest concerns.  I'd advise you to ignore them as much as you can.  No matter what you actually type, we'll know what you mean.  Easier said than doen though.  And I puposely left the mistakes in this reply to make a point, but it was really hard to do!

• Haha 8

26 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Lisa, I am not on this cruise. Bur will see you soon on another one. We have to use up all the NCL certificates which they have been extending for us very generously. 
All is good with us and I hope same with you.

Sorry you aren't on this cruise. Feeling well, even better cause I'm cruising in a couple of days!. This is the first one in almost five years as my 2020 TA was cancelled. Made the jump to RC as I couldn't resist another Boston departure. Have my eye on the  NCL Feb GEM or Getaway so maybe see you then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Can't wait for this!  We have a 9 day Southern on Voyager in January so I'm following closely.  Adventure has always been my favorite ship, hoping I like Voyager as well.

Hope your cruise is fantastic.

Thank you for following!  The lack of “Lives” for Voyager is what really convinced me to do this so I plan to post a lot of pictures.  

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Don't worry about typos I do them all the time with my fat fingers on the phone. We all understand it's hard on a phone especially on a moving ship.

I'm not on a moving ship and can't blame Kraken in the middle of the day.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, FourTimer said:

My wife and I will also be on this cruise.  I'll have my Red Sox hat and GoPro.  Say hello if you see us.  This is our 5th RCCL cruise.  Looking forward to it!  Hope to meet up. Bon Voyage!

PXL_20220626_000051300.PORTRAIT.jpg

Thanks for the picture! Good idea because I’m not sure the Red Sox hat will stand you out on a ship sailing from Boston🤣.  Hope to see you onboard. 

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, #1packerfan said:

We also love San Juan.  We stayed at Casablanca for 3 nights before our cruise in March 22 and will be staying there again for 2 nights pre cruise in March of 23.  We loved it there.  They have a rooftop terrace that overlooks San Cristobel--so pretty up there. 

Looking forward to your review as we are doing Voyager out of San Juan in March.  By far our favorite port to cruise from. 

Thank you for following!  

19 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Tell Andy (or maybe don't tell Andy) that once you go suite, you can never go back.  

As a somewhat (OK...full blown) perfectionist, typos are one of my biggest concerns.  I'd advise you to ignore them as much as you can.  No matter what you actually type, we'll know what you mean.  Easier said than doen though.  And I puposely left the mistakes in this reply to make a point, but it was really hard to do!

It is all a testament to how dumb auto correct is. It should know what we mean to type.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

And if you get a chance eat at Raices. Incredible Puerto Rico food.

1 hour ago, LATTELOVE said:

Greg,

You are right, we were in Puerto Rico back in May 2022

for a cruise.  We had lunch at Raices, food was

amazing. We loved it.  Definitely recommend.

57 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

We love SJ too. And I second Greg’s suggestion for Raices. I love their Mofongo. 

We were planning to just play it by ear as far as food in SJ, but it seems like we need to look into Raices.  The one place on my list was Cafe Mallorca for their breakfast Mallorca’s.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We were planning to just play it by ear as far as food in SJ, but it seems like we need to look into Raices.  The one place on my list was Cafe Mallorca for their breakfast Mallorca’s.  

I've said this before on here...but the Kan Kan Pork Chop at Raices is on my top 5 list of all time favorite meals.  The Mofongo is delicious as well.  

163125855_RaicesAndi.thumb.JPG.241f5f96741bd4f0a58372f1fc0962cd.JPG

• Like 4

So funny story.  Andy asked me today if Voyager has a flowrider.  I said I wasn’t sure but looked it up and told him that it does.  He said “ I think I’m going to give it a try this time” ( he’s never been on one). Now most of you don’t know this but he fell off a ladder in June and suffered a nasty broken wrist and a fractured rib.  After two surgeries on the wrist and spending almost 3 months in either a soft cast or brace, and still going to PT, he’s thinking about trying the flowrider🤔??  Needless to say, after we “discussed it” he won’t be trying the flowrider😂

• Haha 24

1 hour ago, Husky1987 said:

I've said this before on here...but the Kan Kan Pork Chop at Raices is on my top 5 list of all time favorite meals.  The Mofongo is delicious as well.  

163125855_RaicesAndi.thumb.JPG.241f5f96741bd4f0a58372f1fc0962cd.JPG

Oh yessss,

Those Kan Kan pork chops are one of my favorite too.

When I ordered it, it was big enough to feed 2 people.  

Your picture is making me very hungry.  🙂

Edited by LATTELOVE
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We were planning to just play it by ear as far as food in SJ, but it seems like we need to look into Raices.

IMG_6357.thumb.jpeg.6328aab9e2edb4ff95ace15c87f5fe60.jpeg

What's nice about Raices is that it is an easy walk from the Casablanca Hotel. Now they don't take reservations but they move people pretty quick. So put your name in at the stand just outside, then walk inside to the bar and get some cocktails.

IMG_6356.thumb.jpeg.a970c6e06fe9d761ca21d71edd725b99.jpeg

You can also order an appetizer then take it outside and eat until they call your name. They originally told us it would be an hour wait but it was more like 30 minutes.

IMG_6368.thumb.png.6cc870e095793f03b4641e1dd7ae1490.png

The menu is great and there combination plates I got this.

IMG_6367.thumb.jpeg.339c22b12b63b0b69438f4228963287b.jpeg

IMG_6365.thumb.jpeg.cb54e49e46d169b57c9207e8bde367de.jpeg

It was amazing. Some of the best food I have ever eaten in my life.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 7

Looking forward to your thoughts /experiences as we are flying from Boston to PR. Cruising Voyager of the Sea Thanksgiving week..11/20--11/27-2022. Never been on this ship.  But cruised this week last year out of PR on Royal Caribbean had a blast. Best ports leaving PR. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I can only find one typo ☹️

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Had to read it twice before I spotted it. Your eye just auto corrects small errors and they aren't noticeable 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, tjsboxer said:

Looking forward to your thoughts /experiences as we are flying from Boston to PR. Cruising Voyager of the Sea Thanksgiving week..11/20--11/27-2022. Never been on this ship.  But cruised this week last year out of PR on Royal Caribbean had a blast. Best ports leaving PR. 

We’ve not been on this ship either but have sailed Explorer twice and we loved her.  To be honest, the only thing I’m slightly hesitant about is how the older balcony will be.  More enclosed than the newer ships? At least that’s how I recall Explorer’s. But it certainly won’t ruin my trip!  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Like @HBE4 I only found one in the original post, so thanks for clarifying.  I’m usually very detail oriented but I find I’m less so as I get older.  Andy would disagree. He thinks I still find plenty of “details” to nag him about 🙂.

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Like @HBE4 I only found one in the original post, so thanks for clarifying.  I’m usually very detail oriented but I find I’m less so as I get older.  Andy would disagree. He thinks I still find plenty of “details” to nag him about 🙂.

Sounds like Andy and I have a lot in common. 😉

• Haha 1