Retreat Lounge Alcohol Selection

mfs2k

The other day @jelayneposted a pic of the retreat lounge bar on Beyond. I didn’t see much of a bourbon selection. 

Has anyone ever had any luck with special requests?  

If you see certain brands in other bars onboard, would they order them for the retreat lounge and make them available for the duration of your cruise ?
it seems this would be a nice way to “go above and beyond” for suite guests. 

Edited by mfs2k

11 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

The other day @jelayneposted a pic of the retreat lounge bar on Beyond. I didn’t see much of a bourbon selection. 

If you see certain brands in other bars onboard, would they order them for the retreat lounge and make them available for the duration of your cruise ?

Yes, they will. In our experience they will get anything available elsewhere within the premium package for you. Also possibly slightly over. 

If we ask for something they don’t have we politely ask if they can check its availability, we don’t expect them to go searching there and then, however, sometimes they do.

If you request something they don’t have on board they will suggest alternatives. For example, I asked if it was possible to access Dubonnet (I love a Queen Mother). There was none on the ship. The next night they had a bewildering array of possible alternatives, some of which I didn’t even know but it was fun trying!

Touchingly, one of the concierge staff tried to get me a bottle from the French side of St Martin…Definitely above and beyond!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

On the Reflection in August I asked about Bullit Rye and the bartender found a bottle and kept it in the lounge for me. My experience is, if it is on the ship they will get it for you. He also found some Buffalo Trace Boubon on board for my friend who prefers that brand.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

When you go to the retreat lounge and if they don't have the bourbon, you like ask them if they can get you some. They are very accommodating. I know if they don't have the wine, I like I will ask them for the brand I like.  See you on board Wed.

Phyllis

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jelayne said:

They may be able to make the drinks but the atmosphere isn't the same.  

Agree…

Access to the Retreat lounge doesn’t mean you can’t/shouldn’t enjoy the atmosphere and ambiance as well as speciality drinks of other bars too. One of the benefits of the ‘ship within a ship’ concept.

Edited by chemmo

26 minutes ago, cruzzzinma said:

Yes, If they have the ingredients.

Have you ever ordered one of the unique WCB drinks in the Retreat lounge?  I would be surprised if they had the WCB special ingredients.  Perhaps something close?

My wife and I really enjoy some of the WCB special cocktails.  It is usually not very crowded.

23 hours ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

Can they make the cocktails that are on the martini bar or WCB menus ?

Simple answer no as they are unique to the Martini Bar.   Depending on the time and crowd they may get one from there for you.  

If is this just a simple classic martini they will make it but don’t expect them to have all premium products.   The bar is small and they don’t want to carry stuff that is a for a limited or one time drink.  

The Ensemble Bar was very crowded and noisy and we couldn’t get served.   We left and went into the Retreat Lounge and the BT asked what we would like.   My wife asked if they could make a drink that was on their menu.   The BT said no but I will get it for you.   My wife said that she didn’t have to as she would order something else.  The BT left came back with it in about 2 minutes. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

22 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Have you ever ordered one of the unique WCB drinks in the Retreat lounge?  I would be surprised if they had the WCB special ingredients.  Perhaps something close?

My wife and I really enjoy some of the WCB special cocktails.  It is usually not very crowded.

Celebrity 10 is the only gin drink I've ever liked, and I LOVE it.   WCB is also the service bar for Sushi on 5 (S Class).  They make the Pear Smash that's supposed to be exclusive to Sushi, but will concoct one for you on request (at least in our experience.) 

23 hours ago, jagoffee said:

If you love WCB you will surely love Beyond WCB.

it’s one of the best bar that Beyond has and so far the best WCB that Celebrity has.

Edited by verizon

4 hours ago, marieps said:

Celebrity 10 is the only gin drink I've ever liked, and I LOVE it.   WCB is also the service bar for Sushi on 5 (S Class).  They make the Pear Smash that's supposed to be exclusive to Sushi, but will concoct one for you on request (at least in our experience.) 

We have had the same experience in the WCB.

3 hours ago, verizon said:

If you love WCB you will surely love Beyond WCB.

it’s one of the best bar that Beyond has and so far the best WCB that Celebrity has.

I am glad to hear the Beyond has a WCB.  As you know from last year, the Apex does not.  The Eden’s bar was a poor replacement (drinks available)

We do not have anything booked on the Beyond.  We are back to the Silhouette next week for 14 days.

Edited by jagoffee

7 hours ago, miched said:

Simple answer no as they are unique to the Martini Bar.   Depending on the time and crowd they may get one from there for you.  

If is this just a simple classic martini they will make it but don’t expect them to have all premium products.   The bar is small and they don’t want to carry stuff that is a for a limited or one time drink.  

The Ensemble Bar was very crowded and noisy and we couldn’t get served.   We left and went into the Retreat Lounge and the BT asked what we would like.   My wife asked if they could make a drink that was on their menu.   The BT said no but I will get it for you.   My wife said that she didn’t have to as she would order something else.  The BT left came back with it in about 2 minutes. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Easy enough to do on the S class but on E class Retreat Lounge is on Deck 15  forward and the closest bar is the Sunset Bar on 15 aft.  The Martini bar is on deck 3 mid ship,  Craft Social deck 4 mid, Eden 5 aft not a quick 2 minute run. 

19 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I am glad to hear the Beyond has a WCB.  As you know from last year, the Apex does not.  The Eden’s bar was a poor replacement (drinks available)

We do not have anything booked on the Beyond.  We are back to the Silhouette next week for 14 days.

Oh Gosh.  The Eden Bar on Edge was little better than the pool bar.   

• Haha 1