The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday October 30th, 2022

richwmn

@Vict0riannI am so sorry to hear of your cousin's passing; my heart goes out to you and your entire family.

It's been a busy afternoon, one that should have been just tidying up loose ends, making sure the air tags were working, etc., but it's turned into a nightmare.  I went to check in for our flights tomorrow and guess what?  They are gone.  There are no flights attached to us.  I don't know if Flight Ease thought we were going to swim to Barcelona, or magically teleport ourselves there, but it's turned out to be THE most stressful day in these 3 years of planning.  

I was on the phone with a FE rep who took my name, phone number and email, and who after about an hour, was able to secure flights for us on a different airline (I didn't care who at this point), and put me on hold.  While on hold, the line went dead.  She hasn't called back, nor has she emailed me.  Our TA has been on with a couple of different "supervisor" type people; one of them said I must have cancelled the flights myself.  Uh, no.  Another told our TA that we never had outbound flights - well then why would we have been given reservation numbers and flight schedules then?   ARGH ! ! !  Up until Thursday, I was still getting emails from KLM saying they would be welcoming us onboard in just a few days and gave us the Covid information.   Shaking my head, and fist, and my whole body because I'm just so angry!

Sorry for my rant, I'm in a bad place right now.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 13

Good evening, everyone.

Just a quick check in as the wifi here is almost as good as the ship wifi.  It kicks me off every 5-10 minutes and I have to reconnect.  

We had great fun yesterday making purchases for our home.  We bought a dining set and then found a too good to pass up deal on a sectional for the family room.  The whole sectional was less than the price of each individual piece of other sectionals.  Of course, we were shopping in the Close Out Corner of the store.  We also bought a TV table for the family room that has a nice electric fireplace in it.  Finally, Sue found some glittery rugs that she liked, so she got those for the dining room.   They will go nicely with the glitter chandeliers we have.  The lights near the elevators on the NS remind me of our new kitchen and dining room lights.

@smitty34877  Keeping your family in my thoughts.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Slow and steady wins the race.  Measure the progress weekly rather than daily.  My best wishes to you and Steve.

@ger_77I do hope you get those flights straightened out!   What a mess.  You earned the rant and we are all ranting with you!

@Vict0riann I am so sorry to hear of Vickie's passing.  Warm thoughts for you and her family.

I'll try to post recipes tomorrow!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 6

6 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

OMG @ger_77how terrible. Can you call KLM and see what they can do?

🤞It all works out.

KLM can't do anything because we didn't book directly with them, we used Flight Ease, which we will likely never use again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 9

22 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

@Vict0riannI am so sorry to hear of your cousin's passing; my heart goes out to you and your entire family.

It's been a busy afternoon, one that should have been just tidying up loose ends, making sure the air tags were working, etc., but it's turned into a nightmare.  I went to check in for our flights tomorrow and guess what?  They are gone.  There are no flights attached to us.  I don't know if Flight Ease thought we were going to swim to Barcelona, or magically teleport ourselves there, but it's turned out to be THE most stressful day in these 3 years of planning.  

I was on the phone with a FE rep who took my name, phone number and email, and who after about an hour, was able to secure flights for us on a different airline (I didn't care who at this point), and put me on hold.  While on hold, the line went dead.  She hasn't called back, nor has she emailed me.  Our TA has been on with a couple of different "supervisor" type people; one of them said I must have cancelled the flights myself.  Uh, no.  Another told our TA that we never had outbound flights - well then why would we have been given reservation numbers and flight schedules then?   ARGH ! ! !  Up until Thursday, I was still getting emails from KLM saying they would be welcoming us onboard in just a few days and gave us the Covid information.   Shaking my head, and fist, and my whole body because I'm just so angry!

Sorry for my rant, I'm in a bad place right now.

Gerry, I don't blame you for ranting.  This is inexcusable!  I hope you or the TA can make arrangements tonight that are satisfactory.   I'm sure you will be so relieved when you arrive at the ship for embarkation and this is behind you.  We will be praying for you!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

Thank you for your kind thoughts.I find it hard to do the lifting and transferring  now that I am older.I avoid nightshades and do notice a difference. The injectable meds saved my joints and kept me mobile but were not without issues.

It's a very tough disease.  My mom was diagnosed in her twenties and by the time the new medications came around, there was already too much damage done.  I'm glad to hear that you got that good joint protection.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

@ger_77oh no!  If you had confirmed flights with KLM they are on the hook for replacements.   This is just so wrong, and so is HALs response!   WestJet may  have some flights.  I hope you can straighten it out.  

@smitty34877 and @AncientWanderer my dad had RA and it was so difficult to watch the level of suffering.   I’m glad there are more treatments now.  People confuse it with arthritis, and it is so not the same.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, bennybear said:

@ger_77oh no!  If you had confirmed flights with KLM they are on the hook for replacements.   This is just so wrong, and so is HALs response!   WestJet may  have some flights.  I hope you can straighten it out.  

@smitty34877 and @AncientWanderer my dad had RA and it was so difficult to watch the level of suffering.   I’m glad there are more treatments now.  People confuse it with arthritis, and it is so not the same.  

According to our TA (who has been on with FE people for the past 2+ hours), someone at FE messed up (that's putting it politely) because apparently the WJ flight to get us connected with KLM in Calgary was cancelled, so "somebody" cancelled the rest of the flights for us.  It wasn't KLM, it was FE.   And they say they can't get us flights on a different airline due to an error code that gets thrown out every time they try.  At this point it's looking like we're going to end up in Economy the whole way.  My 81 year old husband is going to really love that one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 8

@Vict0riann, I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your cousin.  💐

@ger_77, what a nightmare!!  It reminds me of KLM cancelling my flight to Europe, earlier this month.  I ended up in Economy on another airline instead of the Business seat I’d originally purchased.  It is so frustrating, annoying, and stressful and I hate that it’s happening to you.  On the bright side, as I told myself, if you can get yourself there when you’re supposed to get there, that’s a major accomplishment.  Sending positive thoughts for a successful outcome and that it’s all downhill from here.  Have a BIG glass of wine onboard.  Maybe even two.  You deserve it.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

@ger_77  Gerry, oh wow!  What a mess.  I hope somebody can get your flights straightened out soon.  And I hope by some mircale you can get seats in business.

@dfish  Debbie,  it seems you and your sister are having a lot of fun getting things for your new house.  I know both of you will enjoy the new place.

Lenda

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Phone calls are over; there's nothing they can do to get us on another flight, so I will have to all Customer Relations tomorrow morning when they open at 10AM Pacific (11 our time).  We're not getting out of Dodge any time soon and I know I will get very little sleep tonight just mulling this all over.

Thanks for letting me vent here, it is greatly appreciated.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 10

23 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Phone calls are over; there's nothing they can do to get us on another flight, so I will have to all Customer Relations tomorrow morning when they open at 10AM Pacific (11 our time).  We're not getting out of Dodge any time soon and I know I will get very little sleep tonight just mulling this all over.

Gerry, I just can’t believe that they can’t help you at this last minute. It was their mistake for goodness sake.  Really wishing good thoughts for a quick resolution tomorrow and I hope you have time to let us know what transpires. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Oh WOW.  I am so so sorry, @ger_77.  I know it’s going to be hard, but try and let it go if there is nothing further which can be done this evening.  You need a good night’s rest so you can deal with this clearly in the morning.  Trust that all will turn out well in the end.  We are here for you.  If it helps, check Google Flights to get an idea of what’s available.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

@Vict0riann My condolences. May you be surrounded by wonderful memories of times with your dear cousin. With 🙏prayers🙏 for you.

@ger_77 I hereby nominate you for a new CC name. Tonight you have every reason and every right to be called...   GRRR_77

and express anger at what has happened to your flights! 

Daily-ites, all together now for @ger_77:

GRRR! GRRR! GRRR!

Edited by HAL Sailer
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Busy week for me. DH and I just got back from an off-road trip to Laughlin. It was a nice trip with good weather and only 2 little breakdowns: Our friend’s tire got 2 punctures in the sidewall going through some brush trying to avoid a mud pit. He just plugged them and was good to go. DH lost an engine mount (again... happened on a previous trip). He put in a bolt as a temporary fix and it got us home. We try to do this twice a year but the last time was 3 years ago.  

I leave for my MR cruise with friends on the NCL Bliss on Sunday. I will only be able to pack a little after work each day. Monday is a nail appt. Tuesday we babysit our grandkids so parents can have a date night. Wednesday I babysit (weekly) so one grandchild can go the speech therapy. Thursday is bible study, Friday I’d like to go to a craft fair. So the main packing will be on Saturday. 

The day I return from the cruise I fly to Las Vegas for a bingo tournament. Will be there for 3 nights then fly home. 

Then 2 1/2 weeks after I get home from Vegas I leave on a MR cruise with my DD on the Discovery Princess. This a a reschedule from my cancelled Diamond Princess cruise in September. 

Somewhere in there I need to go to the cemetery to decorate my dad’s grave for my mom, and there’s Thanksgiving. And 2 more family birthdays and Christmas. 

I think I may be spreading myself a little thin. 😃

• Like 8

3 hours ago, dobiemom said:

Busy week for me. DH and I just got back from an off-road trip to Laughlin. It was a nice trip with good weather and only 2 little breakdowns: Our friend’s tire got 2 punctures in the sidewall going through some brush trying to avoid a mud pit. He just plugged them and was good to go. DH lost an engine mount (again... happened on a previous trip). He put in a bolt as a temporary fix and it got us home. We try to do this twice a year but the last time was 3 years ago.  

I leave for my MR cruise with friends on the NCL Bliss on Sunday. I will only be able to pack a little after work each day. Monday is a nail appt. Tuesday we babysit our grandkids so parents can have a date night. Wednesday I babysit (weekly) so one grandchild can go the speech therapy. Thursday is bible study, Friday I’d like to go to a craft fair. So the main packing will be on Saturday. 

The day I return from the cruise I fly to Las Vegas for a bingo tournament. Will be there for 3 nights then fly home. 

Then 2 1/2 weeks after I get home from Vegas I leave on a MR cruise with my DD on the Discovery Princess. This a a reschedule from my cancelled Diamond Princess cruise in September. 

Somewhere in there I need to go to the cemetery to decorate my dad’s grave for my mom, and there’s Thanksgiving. And 2 more family birthdays and Christmas. 

I think I may be spreading myself a little thin. 😃

Try to relax sometime during all the busy times.  The MR cruises sound like a good time to relax and pamper yourself.  I remember when we met in Cabo last year, your telling me how much you enjoy the bingo tournaments.  That gives you about 2 1/2 weeks for you.  The rest can be done when you have time, and can be prepared for in stages.  If you are overwhelmed, then ask for help or scale things back a little.  Thanksgiving, birthdays and Christmas are about being with family, not how elaborate the festivities are.  You can handle this.

Lenda

• Like 4