NILE RIVER TOUR SAILBOAT OR CRUISEBOAT?

azgrandmax3

We sailed on a ship named the Monaco in 2008 I believe. It was a fairly large ship that seemed typical of all the full sized river boats at the time. It was very enjoyable with good food and daily stops at temples along the route from Luxor to Aswan. We usually travelled through the locks at night. We enjoyed it very much.  

In Aswan we did a short trip to a nearby island in the small sailing boat and found it also fun and interesting but it wouldn’t have been suited for longer distances. 

3 hours ago, gottagocit said:

We sailed on a ship named the Monaco in 2008 I believe. It was a fairly large ship that seemed typical of all the full sized river boats at the time. It was very enjoyable with good food and daily stops at temples along the route from Luxor to Aswan. We usually travelled through the locks at night. We enjoyed it very much.  

In Aswan we did a short trip to a nearby island in the small sailing boat and found it also fun and interesting but it wouldn’t have been suited for longer distances. 

I should have included that our Nile voyage was a 5 day cruise as part of our much longer trip to Egypt and not an excursion from a Princess ship. 

4 hours ago, gottagocit said:

I should have included that our Nile voyage was a 5 day cruise as part of our much longer trip to Egypt and not an excursion from a Princess ship. 

In the mid 90's we spent a month in Egypt, which included a 7 day cruise from Luxor to Aswan.  That trip was one of our bucket list trips and still one of the best we have ever done.

• Like 1

What does this have to do with Princess?  You asked this same question a few days ago on the Celebrity board.  Why not ask on the Ports of Call boards?  Or on the boards here of lines that regularly call in Alexandria…. EM

Sorry about the confusion. We will be on a major cruise line that offers a one day tour including a Nile experience. Choice of tour is sailboat or tourboat. It is being called a "cruiseboat". Trying to decide which may be best. Although most our cruises have been on Princess and will be for the future, it is not offered at this time.  I have  asked this question on another board without helpful response. For years I  have received help on this board.  Know I  can depend on it.

Thanks to all!

4 hours ago, azgrandmax3 said:

Sorry about the confusion. We will be on a major cruise line that offers a one day tour including a Nile experience. Choice of tour is sailboat or tourboat. It is being called a "cruiseboat". Trying to decide which may be best. Although most our cruises have been on Princess and will be for the future, it is not offered at this time.  I have  asked this question on another board without helpful response. For years I  have received help on this board.  Know I  can depend on it.

Thanks to all!

Okay, let me give you some other places to ask.  First, go to www.cruisetimetables.com.  In ‘cruises to’ choose Egypt, Alexandria.  Start with November and scroll through who is calling there.  Azamara has several cruises, Silversea quite a few, Oceania…. Ask your question on those boards, particularly if there are roll calls for any of the cruises.  HAL Nieuw Statendam might be a good bet, too.  EM

• Like 3