The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday October 31st, 2022

richwmn

23 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Happy Halloween to all!  Will be a busy night since our neighborhood usually sees 250+ trick or treaters.  Forecast for some rain but I hope not.  I don’t need any candy being left after tonight.  🎃

Thanks to Rich and Roy for all they do to keep this thread going.  And to all our other wonderful posters.

Our two week trip on Anthem starting next week is in jeopardy.  DH is in need of oral surgery and can’t be put off any longer.  Consultations today with several doctors to see how to proceed.  DH wants me to go solo but I will not.  Not that I object to solo cruising — have done it many times.  But now is not the time for DH to be alone.  So time will tell how this all works out.

Can’t wait for all the political ads to be over on tv.  DH and I have already submitted our mail in ballots since we assumed we would be cruising.  Everyone — remember to vote.  🇺🇸 Katherine 

Oh Katherine, I hope you two can still make the cruise!  Good luck with the oral surgeon and I hope your DH heals quickly.   We early voted too and I will be so happy to for the political ads to stop!  Oh, wait!  We're in Georgia which has a "someone has to get 50% of the vote or you have a runoff" law.  There is always a third party candidate (same guy every time), who will make sure we don't get our results until weeks later after a very expensive runoff election.  And if they hold that runoff election in early December instead of early January, DH and I won't be able to vote again.  We will be cruising in the Amazon (I hope).  They always tell us they can't just hand us our absentee ballot because they must prepare and MAIL them to us.  Election day is Nov. 8 and we leave home on Nov. 18.  We will be at the elections office pleading our case right after the Nov. 8 election.  Someone needs to repeal the 50% law!!

15 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

🎃 🎃 HAPPY HALLOWEEN!  🎃 🎃

Good morning from a dark central Texas.  The sun won't be up for another hour or so.  Last night, I couldn't seem to stay awake, and went to sleep early (very early for me).  That meant, I also work up early.  I have an errand to run early and then I'll go vote.  After it warms up a bit, I plan to tackle the over grown bushes.  Tomorrow is trash day, so I want the trimmings ready for the trash tomorrow.

It has been about 20 years since I carved a pumpkin.  I don't know if I have any psychic powers, but as a former Brownie and Girl Scout, I'll salute Girl Scout Founder's Day.

Another Gandhi quote that is very true, and that I like.

The meal sounds good, and @dfish  Debbie, don't worry about the recipe today.  I'll pass on the drink, but the wine might be good.

@dfish  Debbie, good luck with the closing today, and the move this week.

@aliaschief  Safe flights with a non-missed flight today and tomorrow.

@ger_77  Gerry, I hope the flight situation is resolved early and satisfactorily.  This should never have happened.

@Lady Hudson  Best wishes for your DH and his oral surgery.

We were in The Gambia on Tahitian Princess in 2009.  The Gambia is a long thin country in the middle of Senegal.  The country widens near the coast so it has a decent coastline.  It is a very poor country as are many of the countries in that part of Africa.   We opted to take a ship tour because the private tour we looked at used converted military transports.  It turns out the ship tour did also.  Our tour took us out of Banjul to a small village.  The pictures show just how poor the villagers were, and they may be upsetting to some.

Our arrival at the port of Banjul.IMG_7505.thumb.JPG.e2e7bba87cb000b1d60c258e27366311.JPG

An interesting monument we passed on the way out of town.

IMG_7518.thumb.JPG.b2367cec4664158fead68a503ecf51bd.JPG

Banjul

IMG_7519.thumb.JPG.f6b962c9bfc98d1db8655a7123615224.JPG

The village we visited.  They had a donation box in the middle of the village and several villagers had their handcrafts on mats for us to purchase.  I think the tourists' dollars was they main source of income.

IMG_7521.thumb.JPG.439939a3dcfc33cd481df2e64c626078.JPG

IMG_7526.thumb.JPG.2081d7ce453d497125aa7bbfc1c92e5b.JPG

A woman sorting some type of grain, and a "kitchen" in one of the huts.

IMG_7529.thumb.JPG.1670f0c19521e918bb890b1e7e123bee.JPG

IMG_7532.thumb.JPG.2149054e6b758a7f876231ae8c0becc3.JPG

IMG_7533.thumb.JPG.25f8697f02ee56ab91e930700258ea35.JPG

After we left the village, they took us to a beach resort for a bathroom and refreshment break.  There were so many of us, the staff had to open a couple of the hotel cabins so everyone could use the facilities.  The cabins were spartan, but clean.  I didn't get a picture of the inside of the cabin.

IMG_7539.thumb.JPG.bf7bacb4be1e15cbd516e2a2a7b4439d.JPG

IMG_7540.thumb.JPG.546eef9ebb5c9ec6b9284295b0510b5f.JPG

IMG_7547.thumb.JPG.f4e3a02485da57f31e8896dac5fcaf25.JPG

We passed this place after we left the resort.

IMG_7549.thumb.JPG.8f4054379854e674816e89f1b7ac88ac.JPG

On the way back to Banjul, they drove down the beach.  Our driver and another starting cutting doughnuts in the sand.  It was a little scary, but fun too.  We were lucky the trucks did not turn over.

IMG_7552.thumb.JPG.e45d56ce9de1c2661e2d6869ef524622.JPG

IMG_7554.thumb.JPG.4d4ceac18748db1a3c6e4c99425e7969.JPG

Looking down at the dock after our safe return to Tahitian Princess.  

IMG_7559.thumb.JPG.7b0661cf27d70a8dc3f17ffbcc92cef5.JPG

Our day in Banjul was interesting, but sobering to see all the poverty.  We also saw much of the same in Senegal, Ghana, but especially in Togo and Benin.  It was an interesting cruise, and I'm glad we went, but I'm not sure if we would get off the ship if we were to return.

Lenda

Thanks for your photos today, Lenda.  I agree with your sentiments.  Interesting but sobering.  Hope Steve is doing well today.  Also I want to add I'm praying Gerry and her DH get the flights arranged to their satisfaction so they don't miss the cruise.  It's crazy how Flight Ease has been having issues for so many these days.  They always used to be so reliable.  I'm glad we are driving to Florida for our upcoming cruise.  

• Like 19

34 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Happy Halloween to all!  Will be a busy night since our neighborhood usually sees 250+ trick or treaters.  Forecast for some rain but I hope not.  I don’t need any candy being left after tonight.  🎃

Thanks to Rich and Roy for all they do to keep this thread going.  And to all our other wonderful posters.

Our two week trip on Anthem starting next week is in jeopardy.  DH is in need of oral surgery and can’t be put off any longer.  Consultations today with several doctors to see how to proceed.  DH wants me to go solo but I will not.  Not that I object to solo cruising — have done it many times.  But now is not the time for DH to be alone.  So time will tell how this all works out.

Can’t wait for all the political ads to be over on tv.  DH and I have already submitted our mail in ballots since we assumed we would be cruising.  Everyone — remember to vote.  🇺🇸 Katherine 

Sending you our best wishes Katherine that your husband's oral issues can be sorted to allow you both to sail on Anthem of the seas.

Graham.

• Like 11

@Lady Hudson  Hopefully they can get your husband in quickly and you can proceed on your planned cruise.

Happy Monday and Happy Halloween!    It is rainy and foggy but it will be warm for the trick or treaters.   We have had great unseasonably warm weather.   We don't carve pumpkins and I didn't even buy one or gourds this year.   We have all of our fall decor out in the house though.    I was a Girl Scout and was one through grade 5.   I think that the founder was Juliet Lowe but I am not going to look it up so that is my trivia answer for the day right or wrong.   @dfishI hope you are getting settled in Michigan and your wifi is on tomorrow.     Thanks for the wine reviews for us daily @summer slope!   Today's looks good.   Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports!  I love the Gandhi quote.  No word on my brother for today if he remains in the hospital for another day or goes to rehab.    My project today is contacting my rheumatologist to get a letter that I should not get a Yellow Fever vaccination and I hear John working on his now.   Prayers for all on our care list and for the people in Ukraine where many are living with no water and power.  Have a great Halloween!!   

Happy Halloween Featured Image

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 19

12 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

@Lady Hudson  Hopefully they can get your husband in quickly and you can proceed on your planned cruise.

Happy Monday and Happy Halloween!    It is rainy and foggy but it will be warm for the trick or treaters.   We have had great unseasonably warm weather.   We don't carve pumpkins and I didn't even buy one or gourds this year.   We have all of our fall decor out in the house though.    I was a Girl Scout and was one through grade 5.   I think that the founder was Juliet Lowe but I am not going to look it up so that is my trivia answer for the day right or wrong.   @dfishI hope you are getting settled in Michigan and your wifi is on tomorrow.     Thanks for the wine reviews for us daily @summer slope!   Today's looks good.   Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports!  I love the Gandhi quote.  No word on my brother for today if he remains in the hospital for another day or goes to rehab.    My project today is contacting my rheumatologist to get a letter that I should not get a Yellow Fever vaccination and I hear John working on his now.   Prayers for all on our care list and for the people in Ukraine where many are living with no water and power.  Have a great Halloween!!   

Happy Halloween Featured Image

Screenshot_20221031_132736.jpg

Screenshot_20221031_132759.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good.  It promises to be a nice day today.  I may walk to the corner store at lunch to grab a ticket.  The jackpot would pay for a lot of cruises!

Happy Halloween!

image.thumb.png.343b6c37339654f1b5301e2860a3f896.png

• Like 14
  • Haha 9

Chicken Provolone

Ingredients

• 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 8 fresh basil leaves
  • 4 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
  • 4 slices provolone cheese

Directions

1. Sprinkle chicken with pepper. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat until a thermometer reads 165°, 4-5 minutes on each side.
  2. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet; top with the basil, prosciutto and cheese. Broil 6-8 in. from the heat until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes.

Chicken Provolone

I didn't want anyone to starve today.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 8

Today's sunrise is from my 2014 QM2 crossing on the way to Europe to return on the Wind Star.  I was reminded in reviewing my 10/31/14 blog entry is that at this time one of the perks of an Eastbound crossing is that we start out on Daylight savings and arrive on Standard time so we only lose 4 hours instead of the usual 5.

dawn1031.jpg

Roy

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Chicken Provolone

Ingredients

• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 8 fresh basil leaves

Directions

1. Sprinkle chicken with pepper. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat until a thermometer reads 165°, 4-5 minutes on each side.
  2. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet; top with the basil, prosciutto and cheese. Broil 6-8 in. from the heat until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes.

Chicken Provolone

Looks delicious Annie!  Thanks!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Dailyites. 

Seems like I woke up every hour last night. I got up at 5 and started working on my cards. Since we will be on our cruise during Christmas,  I ordered these cute cards with Santa boarding a cruise ship.

Goodness, notice some grumpy posters on other threads lately? So thankful they are not on Rich's post. 

image.png.9ebff645c61d1f26d5aa49658432301d.png

Today is another evaluation and hoping it's the last. Tomorrow is bloodwork. The VA has had us driving all over the place for these appointments. The VA says they want an "independent review". Honestly I just wanted to be in the caregiver program, which I am now, thankfully. 

Happy Halloween. I hope ya'll get treats and no tricks.

image.png.3afc14aaf4cc7e80bba5c591aee0a867.png

For Girl Scouts:

image.png.3ef9c6fc3e5f63bf6ea82ddca9203031.png

Prayers lifted. Toasting those tonight on cruises and hoping @ger_77 makes their flights!!

Lastly, my niece got engaged Saturday! We all love her fiancee. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Happy Monday.

Orange Coco Naut cosmos cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part Pinnacle® Coconut Vodka
1 part DeKuyper® Triple Sec Liqueur
1 parts Orange Juice
Shredded Coconut

Instructions
Shake with ice. Strain into a chilled coconut-rimmed martini glass.

Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 10.24.25 AM.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 8

3 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Happy Monday.

Orange Coco Naut cosmos cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part Pinnacle® Coconut Vodka
1 part DeKuyper® Triple Sec Liqueur
1 parts Orange Juice
Shredded Coconut

Instructions
Shake with ice. Strain into a chilled coconut-rimmed martini glass.

Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 10.24.25 AM.png

This looks good.  Both DH and I like coconut!

• Like 10

44 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Chicken Provolone

Ingredients

• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 8 fresh basil leaves

Directions

Chicken Provolone

Yum!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I would probably like chicken provolone if it were on a menu, but I couldn't make it at home. I have no psychic powers -- rather the opposite -- but a former boss who understood nothing about my work accused me of making recommendations based on intuition. I thought that he wanted me to make them on the basis of his wishful thinking.

Last night I found that I had no vegetables in the house except carrots, but I had a lot of them. I ate some raw with dinner and then roasted more for tonight. I have no idea what else I'll have.

985326371_catorganized.thumb.jpg.55cb8951abc67caaad36d36909270edd.jpg

• Like 22
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites. 

Seems like I woke up every hour last night. I got up at 5 and started working on my cards. Since we will be on our cruise during Christmas,  I ordered these cute cards with Santa boarding a cruise ship.

Goodness, notice some grumpy posters on other threads lately? So thankful they are not on Rich's post. 

Today is another evaluation and hoping it's the last. Tomorrow is bloodwork. The VA has had us driving all over the place for these appointments. The VA says they want an "independent review". Honestly I just wanted to be in the caregiver program, which I am now, thankfully. 

For Girl Scouts:

Prayers lifted. Toasting those tonight on cruises and hoping @ger_77 makes their flights!!

Congratulations for your niece on her engagement Joy.

Graham 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Went out early enough to see the sun rise this morning.  It was very pretty, but since I was driving, I could not get a picture.  I got to the early voting location shortly after they opened.  There were about four others voting, and one of the clerks said there were quite a few taking advantage of the early voting.

In 2020 and this year, there is a new system in place that seems working well.  The first clerk scans your photo ID, in my case my driver's license, and the information pops up on a screen which you verify as correct.  Then using your finger, you sign your name on the screen, and the clerk verifies it.  The next clerk takes the information and prints the ballot.  Once you complete the ballot, you insert it into a machine that scans it and tells you your vote has been registered.   The entire process moves quicker than the old method that was done by hand.  DH filled out his mail in ballot Saturday, and after I signed the carrier envelop in two places attesting to the fact I had the right to carry and mail his ballot, the ballot was dropped off at the Post Office on my way home.

It's about 60F out, sunny with a light breeze.  I'm waiting until it gets a little warmer to go out and tackle the bushes.  Remember thin bloodied Texans like it warm to work outside.

I don't remember the last time we were here on Halloween.  Since our small community is 55+ and gated, we don't get Trick or Treaters coming through the neighborhood.

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

On March 25 and 26, 2018 the Prinsendam Grand Med and Africa cruise stopped in Banjul, The Gambia.  We had missed our port at Praia, Ilha de Santiago in the Cape Verde Islands due to bad weather for tendering, so we went ahead to The Gambia a day early.  This was the scene as we tied up a day earlier than scheduled.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJkdSE0YVj7tOOJYzdpLYbp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526125657

We discovered the skies here were sandy colored due to dust in the air from the African deserts.  In addition we were very close to where the ferries docked and were able to watch them load and unload passengers.  They looked seriously overloaded to us, and I would be afraid to take that ferry anywhere.  The name on the ferry is Kunta Kinteh.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLHa4ksERBgcrBu8qA0C6hV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526125680

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIBj42sWjzKRYh_lnd1A9Qq?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526083654

The street vendors saw an opportunity to make some money with our extra time in port, so they set up quickly.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJmQRc5F44zZhlLkHXP7xgO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526125688

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLjkx3RM6jN4pn_DEjncz9q?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526125695

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLue-oGyN-CZ5YSngpl6Xmr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526125720

From our perch on the Prinsendam's promenade we saw the money changer took time out for his prayers.  And that ferry kept coming and going.  Look at the lines of people!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJJw4YXbL8LmLufsjpsfRlK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526125748

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLq87Ezep5vslNq6jN4NgoJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526125867

We waited until the following morning to head into town to the market using the ship's shuttle. The streets looked a bit scary and we were glad we had a ride to see what they had at the market.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKxPcvgN82qr5l7GqMnMRhG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526083678

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKcfh_PB0ak1yzzMsFPCThr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526125918

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ3G5qdODFoalshkQx3fp95?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526125933

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLCBWdWbgC792v11SnTs3U1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526125947

It appeared to be cleaner here which was welcomed by the crowds looking for bargains.  We had a lot of quilters on the cruise and they were interested in unique fabrics.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL5VYojSMSig-D43rswXrHl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526125948

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLlVilmN-Hagq3n8DpwlTrO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526125971

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVISzRhGZ-s6TNJDdnIjCoIm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526125985

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIw9_a-BYK1_4y6pi4jpFja?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526125987

We had run into former cruise table mates George and Sandy on the second day of the cruise and they were with us here at the craft market.  Funny how we didn't even know they had booked this special voyage.  I'm so glad we were able to re-connect and do things together during this 54 day cruise.  Here are George and Sandy.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJaEPT8XNB8c3xUw4sggBxG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526125964

They took our photo too, there at the craft market.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLx7Uzcg8gadtT6cRGf-nZ_?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526125962

After a brief walk around downtown we got back on the shuttle and headed home to the Prinsendam.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK0B1e2K9wY6mMymd0Eyaqj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526126000

View from the bus.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLIdFkNxGq4nByVNf4AXBGh?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526126018

As you can see this is a dirt road.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLUwvvXn1PBsHa_NhBVgQDA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526083681

Business taking place in the city.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLZIeXV22Haiq5nbXNwvQec?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526083682

Goodbye Banjul!  Next day we would be in Dakar, Senegal.  It was interesting to say the least.

Sandi, thank you for your pictures of Banjul and the craft market.  We didn't see too much of the town our our drive to the village.  From you picture, it looks like they cleaned up the dock after our 2009 visit.  Then, there was a thick black, oily layer on the dock and walking was not fun.

IMG_7511.thumb.JPG.f2acf4dde86be330cb081f7d251ef80f.JPG

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Interesting photos Lenda.

Graham.

Thank you, Graham.  It was an interesting day to see how those in a third world country live.

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

Chicken Provolone

Ingredients

• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 8 fresh basil leaves

Directions

Chicken Provolone

Annie, thank you for posting the recipe.  It looks delicious, and is very similar to a version of Chicken Parmesan that I used to make when I did want to "fry" the meat.  BTW, I doubt any of us will starve today or another day.  😉

44 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites. 

For Girl Scouts:

Joy, I have noticed some grumpy posters on other threads, and while I prefer our happy Daily posters, the grumps are better than the haters and the nasties.  I hope the evaluation today and the blood test tomorrow end the run around the VA has had you doing.  Congratulations to your niece on her engagement.  It's always a plus when the family likes the fiancé.

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone.- is it still morning there?

Before I attempt to get off the roof top bar ( they let me leave the door open thankfully) and  get into my room (which doesn’t stay open and is ver heavy) If I can’t - it means I need to ask ask the hotel for help

sorry I can’t multi post and admittedly too depressed after a long day yesterday. This is my life right now:

9FAC3AF5-22A4-4A28-8AC8-89BF2D923032.thumb.jpeg.0cca382775d5c3f9643b171b590dbd24.jpeg

338AC085-AF39-4016-BF38-CB35A09165EB.thumb.jpeg.473fdc9ea862d1eda386f99dcb5f0c64.jpeg

I have paid for my tours but I am not having someone having to push me on cobble stones.  I am in tears.  Now to see if I can get back to my room and ice bucket to get more ice.  Otherwise I will call.  I guess this was the 3rd thing.  My room has 3 balconies - maybe I should just jump 😉 

If I go to the HC room there are none and no view.  But the door is the same.  Pondering and depressed.

Sorry.

I did read all the posts and my heart goes out to you all but the pain pills don’t help. 

hugs to all in pain and to those with challenges from Barcelona.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 21

Oh, Jacqui! I hope that you will be able to do the other things that you've planned, most if not all.

My town's police department issued a warning today about Trick or Treat. Not the kind you'd expect, but that holes for new street trees have been dug along many streets, but the trees haven't been planted, so there are holes here and there. The town has street lights but most streets have few.

• Like 13

39 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Went out early enough to see the sun rise this morning.  It was very pretty, but since I was driving, I could not get a picture.  I got to the early voting location shortly after they opened.  There were about four others voting, and one of the clerks said there were quite a few taking advantage of the early voting.

In 2020 and this year, there is a new system in place that seems working well.  The first clerk scans your photo ID, in my case my driver's license, and the information pops up on a screen which you verify as correct.  Then using your finger, you sign your name on the screen, and the clerk verifies it.  The next clerk takes the information and prints the ballot.  Once you complete the ballot, you insert it into a machine that scans it and tells you your vote has been registered.   The entire process moves quicker than the old method that was done by hand.  DH filled out his mail in ballot Saturday, and after I signed the carrier envelop in two places attesting to the fact I had the right to carry and mail his ballot, the ballot was dropped off at the Post Office on my way home.

It's about 60F out, sunny with a light breeze.  I'm waiting until it gets a little warmer to go out and tackle the bushes.  Remember thin bloodied Texans like it warm to work outside.

I don't remember the last time we were here on Halloween.  Since our small community is 55+ and gated, we don't get Trick or Treaters coming through the neighborhood.

Sandi, thank you for your pictures of Banjul and the craft market.  We didn't see too much of the town our our drive to the village.  From you picture, it looks like they cleaned up the dock after our 2009 visit.  Then, there was a thick black, oily layer on the dock and walking was not fun.

IMG_7511.thumb.JPG.f2acf4dde86be330cb081f7d251ef80f.JPG

Thank you, Graham.  It was an interesting day to see how those in a third world country live.

Annie, thank you for posting the recipe.  It looks delicious, and is very similar to a version of Chicken Parmesan that I used to make when I did want to "fry" the meat.  BTW, I doubt any of us will starve today or another day.  😉

Joy, I have noticed some grumpy posters on other threads, and while I prefer our happy Daily posters, the grumps are better than the haters and the nasties.  I hope the evaluation today and the blood test tomorrow end the run around the VA has had you doing.  Congratulations to your niece on her engagement.  It's always a plus when the family likes the fiancé.

Lenda

Oh my gosh, that dock was disgusting looking back in 2009!!  Can you imagine putting your lovely fabrics down there to sell them?  I dearly hope all that oily mess wasn't washed off into the ocean, but I bet it was.  Shaking my head...

Glad you got your vote in and have DH's ready.  We also don't have trick or treaters for the same reason you don't.  No kids in this neighborhood.

Wanted to also say to Joy @Seasick Sailorcongrats on your niece's engagement!  Now you have a wedding to look forward to.  Best wishes to the happy couple.

38 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Phew! Passed my annual cardiac stress test with a race through Schiphol in Amsterdam. We are on board and coming home. Hopefully, with luggage.

Good to hear you made it to the plane on time.  Getting home again will feel good after your day of travels.  Fingers crossed for your luggage!

21 minutes ago, kazu said:

Good morning everyone.- is it still morning there?

Before I attempt to get off the roof top bar ( they let me leave the door open thankfully) and  get into my room (which doesn’t stay open and is ver heavy) If I can’t - it means I need to ask ask the hotel for help

sorry I can’t multi post and admittedly too depressed after a long day yesterday. This is my life right now:

9FAC3AF5-22A4-4A28-8AC8-89BF2D923032.thumb.jpeg.0cca382775d5c3f9643b171b590dbd24.jpeg

338AC085-AF39-4016-BF38-CB35A09165EB.thumb.jpeg.473fdc9ea862d1eda386f99dcb5f0c64.jpeg

I have paid for my tours but I am not having someone having to push me on cobble stones.  I am in tears.  Now to see if I can get back to my room and ice bucket to get more ice.  Otherwise I will call.  I guess this was the 3rd thing.  My room has 3 balconies - maybe I should just jump 😉 

If I go to the HC room there are none and no view.  But the door is the same.  Pondering and depressed.

Sorry.

I did read all the posts and my heart goes out to you all but the pain pills don’t help. 

hugs to all in pain and to those with challenges from Barcelona.

Oh no!!  Your knee issues are back!  I'm so sorry to hear that yesterday was too much for you.  I hope the ice helps and pain pills start working.   Take care of yourself and rest as much as possible.🙏❤️

• Like 15

21 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Oh no!!  Your knee issues are back!  I'm so sorry to hear that yesterday was too much for you.  I hope the ice helps and pain pills start working.   Take care of yourself and rest as much as possible.🙏❤️

No it’s not the knee - it’s my foot.  I got jostled a bit at the Palau Guell on the very last step.  I reached to try to get a foot hold (no railing) and  the last step blends and is the same colour and blends into the main floor.

I went down with a twisted foot screaming.  After 20 minutes of ice pack my BIL (who is good at this stuff) gave me support to see if I could stand and I screamed again,

Palau Guell came with a wheel chair to lent to get me to the clinic.  

The doctor said I “think” its not broke (after 4 X-Rays). Scary she tested some of my foot.  But said it was torn, sprained and strained.  They gave me crutches  but I  can’t even use them as the foot won’t tolerate anyting.

so a wheel chair for at last 3 days and then God willing it will be improved enough

But so far she / he hasn’t been kind to me.

Guess it is time for another pain pill and see if I can get more ice and in my room on my own,,

• Like 8
  • Thanks 12