Tracking drinks ordered on Celebrity app?

traveltomorrow

In fact what you see in your account often is not all the drinks you have had 

DH and I have noticed that we go to dinner each order a glass of wine, he gets a refill but only 2 drinks show on our account not 3. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

In fact what you see in your account often is not all the drinks you have had 

DH and I have noticed that we go to dinner each order a glass of wine, he gets a refill but only 2 drinks show on our account not 3. 

This. Many drinks I order don't show. Often a bartender will log the first drink and then just serve me afterwards without entering anything.

16 hours ago, alyssamma said:

This. Many drinks I order don't show. Often a bartender will log the first drink and then just serve me afterwards without entering anything.

This was our experience, as well. We found that not every "round" showed up on the app once we got to know a bartender or two 😃

cjr

18 hours ago, traveltomorrow said:

If I have the drink package would I be able to see all the  drinks I ordered, using the Celebrity app?

Not really but sometimes you will see them.   On recent cruises we also saw many 0 dollar charges at different bars we were never at.   Either the bartender keyed in the wrong number or someone gave our room number.

If they tap your card on the app you will see a transaction but doesn't show up on the final bill.

19 hours ago, sunpsyche said:

When I opened this thread I was sure you were asking about tracking your drink itself. I thought “wow, how cool…it’s at the bar..waiter is around the bend…voila..here it is!” 😂

New fun idea: Drink GPS trackers.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, alyssamma said:

They get tipped based on the number of drinks they serve, if they don’t enter anything, they don’t get the credit. Early on, I asked a server why he no longer asked for our room key when we ordered drinks. He said, once they determine you will be a regular, they right you number down and use it whenever you order a drink. My only question would be how many times they use the numbers to pad their numbers, even when you aren’t drinking. Doesn’t cost me anything extra so who cares.

40 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

They get tipped based on the number of drinks they serve, if they don’t enter anything, they don’t get the credit. Early on, I asked a server why he no longer asked for our room key when we ordered drinks. He said, once they determine you will be a regular, they right you number down and use it whenever you order a drink. My only question would be how many times they use the numbers to pad their numbers, even when you aren’t drinking. Doesn’t cost me anything extra so who cares.

My understanding from talking to the servers and bar tenders is that tipping isn't direct to the server or the bartender but goes to the Ships Bar Pool.   They do however have statistics on their activity level.  

Sommeliers however get the full 20% of any wine sold by the bottle and possibly by the glass if not under the package.

I think the drink packages was responsible for this methodology since the allocation of the tipping is based on passenger load as opposed to how many drinks you have on the package.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

I don't understand how this can be a thing...seems like X would want to serve as few drinks as possible if you have a drink package, not the other way around.

Regardless, many of the drinks don't show up.

16 hours ago, alyssamma said:

I don't understand how this can be a thing...seems like X would want to serve as few drinks as possible if you have a drink package, not the other way around.

Regardless, many of the drinks don't show up.

On my last cruise a few months ago, i asked how it worked for the crew with beverage packages, and they told me that they get paid for every drink served. The more you order, the more they make. 

3 hours ago, someguyfl said:

On my last cruise a few months ago, i asked how it worked for the crew with beverage packages, and they told me that they get paid for every drink served. The more you order, the more they make. 

Don't doubt you were told that, just doesn't make sense from a corporate perspective. Without a drink package, they would want to sell as many as possible. But the exact reverse with a drink package.

Perhaps they really meant sell as in CHARGE for a drink.

• Like 2

Just now, someguyfl said:

Given the spotty beverage service on Constellation currently, I can't believe this is true. 

3 hours ago, alyssamma said:

Don't doubt you were told that, just doesn't make sense from a corporate perspective. Without a drink package, they would want to sell as many as possible. But the exact reverse with a drink package.

Perhaps they really meant sell as in CHARGE for a drink.

Nope… they told me what they made per drink served to someone with or without a package. It was less with a package, but they can serve much more to people with packages just by asking if people want another.