How can i get a boarding pass?

oskidunker

Your title is about a boarding pass, but you ask about a Medallion. Boarding passes are no longer used. If you don't get the Medallion in the mail, you will get one issued at the pier. 

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

Requested medallion a month ago and nothing has come. Cruise is Nov 23

Thanks

No more BP.  The QR code on the App, replaces it.  IF you don’t have a QR code, don’t worry about it.

Print your luggage tags and travel summary and take your documents required and check in at the port.

The OM usually comes 10-14 days prior to sailing.  They usually send an email with  tracking, not always though.  It’s been USPS, blue seawitch bubble envelope.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

The Medallion will ship this week, or maybe early next week. I was anxious too, I like things put to bed early, but it showed up just like everyone said it would.

2 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

No more BP.  The QR code on the App, replaces it.  IF you don’t have a QR code, don’t worry about it.

We had our Medallions on starting from the curb. I had the QR code ready and no one ever asked to see it. I don't know if that is the norm, but when everyone saw our Medallions on, they just waved us on. The gal who checked us in (3 minutes wait time) just scanned the Medallions.

23 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

We had our Medallions on starting from the curb. I had the QR code ready and no one ever asked to see it. I don't know if that is the norm, but when everyone saw our Medallions on, they just waved us on. The gal who checked us in (3 minutes wait time) just scanned the Medallions.

They don’t need to see the QR code.

When you walk up to show your passport and documents, it comes up on their screen. It’s reading your OM.  They scan the OM to show that you checked in.  

There’s a lot of features on the App, that are not fully implemented.  Lol

However, I would always suggest one to fill out what you can ahead of time and leave the rest to the port checkin.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Happy2cruise said:

Besides medallion and passports what else is necessary to get checked in.....thanks!

Not much else unless you are sailing from a country that requires vaccination or an enhanced cruise (longer cruises that require vaccination). You still need to do your health check on the medallion or answer the questions on the pier

7 hours ago, oskidunker said:

Thanks

We sail on the Emerald on that date and I mentioned this same thing to my wife. She says I am getting anxious and jumping the gun and to wait another week. She is always right and she tells me so every day.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, scottca075 said:

We had our first cruise with the Medallion last month and our experience was just like yours.  I fretted over printing out my Green Lane A Boarding Group since we don't use the phone or tablet often and having to find it on the spot bothered me 🙂  But it was all for nothing - we walked in the terminal (Southampton) and never stopped until we got to our cabin 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jc foster said:

We sail on the Emerald on that date and I mentioned this same thing to my wife. She says I am getting anxious and jumping the gun and to wait another week. She is always right and she tells me so every day.

My wife often says "I could agree with you. But then we would both be wrong."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, oskidunker said:

Many have's aid just show your passport at the dock and they will check you in. 

They will process you. Completing the Medallion check ahead just makes it smooth and quick.

6 hours ago, bjkTX said:

We had our first cruise with the Medallion last month and our experience was just like yours.  I fretted over printing out my Green Lane A Boarding Group since we don't use the phone or tablet often and having to find it on the spot bothered me 🙂  But it was all for nothing - we walked in the terminal (Southampton) and never stopped until we got to our cabin 🙂

I’m curious if your used your phone on the cruise as their are many things you can do with the app?

18 hours ago, Happy2cruise said:

Sailing from NYC to Ft Lauderdale, so I assume no vaccination card needed??  Thanks

Better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it.  After all it is such a small item.

9 hours ago, trbarton said:

I’m curious if your used your phone on the cruise as their are many things you can do with the app?

We did not use the phone for anything.  We just bought our first smart phone because they told us the phone that has been sitting in the bottom of my wife's purse for over 10 years (for emergencies) would no longer work due to 5G.  So we gave in and got a new phone - but never really use it except to get the text codes we get sent to do all the things we used to be able to do without having to get a text 🙂.  I didn't ever find myself sitting somewhere and deciding I needed to have a drink or food delivered to me, and the last cruise was so port intensive we were never looking for something to do - so the phone sat in the cabin safe most of the time 🙂