Elite mini bar set up

sunsetme

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you. Unfortunately, I do not like wine. Can you ask if it could be traded in for something like a bottle of rum?

Probably not.  A bottle of generic wine is cheaper than a bottle of spirits.

10 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you. Unfortunately, I do not like wine. Can you ask if it could be traded in for something like a bottle of rum?

I'm no longer on the Discovery.  Perhaps if someone still on the ship reads this they can ask for you?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, coolcagolfer said:

I thought that Princess discontinued the mini bar swap for coffee cards a couple years ago. Are they now doing the swap?

No, they didn't discontinue the swap option. What they did do was to get rid of the physical card. The "coffee card" is now simply an electronic entry that is tied to your account. The actual purchases are tracked by your Medallion the same as any other purchase. You are still entitled to the same number of coffee drinks as before but, if you don't use them all during your cruise, the "excess" is lost. With the old card you could keep the card and use it until all the punches were gone. With the new system you lose any drinks you haven't used.

• Like 1

I am on Discovery right now.  Today is the last day of the first cruise of my 3 b2b2b cruises.  As suggested by CC posts, I called Room Service to let them know what items I want to exchange for my mini bar for my 2nd cruise.  I read on CC posts that I can exchange for 8 bottles of 1.5 L water.  I was just told by RS, the 1.5 L water is only for Club class cabins, I can only exchange for 20 bottles of the

.5 L water.   

So, the Discovery mini-bar exchange option is not the same as what I read on other CC posts.

1.  When booked solo, the mini-bar exchange will only get me 1 coffee package, not 2 as other CC posts stated.

2. Entire bar swap for water can only get 20 bottles of .5 L water, not 8 bottles of 1.5 L as other posts stated.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Thrak said:

No, they didn't discontinue the swap option. What they did do was to get rid of the physical card. The "coffee card" is now simply an electronic entry that is tied to your account. The actual purchases are tracked by your Medallion the same as any other purchase. You are still entitled to the same number of coffee drinks as before but, if you don't use them all during your cruise, the "excess" is lost. With the old card you could keep the card and use it until all the punches were gone. With the new system you lose any drinks you haven't used.

Thanks for the clarification.

On 11/3/2022 at 8:33 PM, Thrak said:

I have to wonder why all the local liquor stores seem to have tons of mini bottles but Princess can't seem to get them. I'd much rather have the mini bottles than whatever poop wine they are providing.

Because local patrons will pay whatever they charge for them, and Princess probably pays pennies for each one via a volume contract.

47 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Because local patrons will pay whatever they charge for them, and Princess probably pays pennies for each one via a volume contract.

Also, duty free liquor doesn’t move through local distribution. 

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

If you are elite, and have the complimentary mini bar setup and also have the plus package, what do you exchange it for?  We used to exchange it for coffee cards/packages, but that is included with plus. 

Do you just get water or soft drinks?

We opt for Perrier but even that with having the plus package is a waste since you can have as much as you like.

Perhaps getting cans of soda would be a better choice? 

It's to bad they no longer issue coffee cards. You could give them to friends.

I'm on Majestic which left Sydney last Saturday. The minibar set up wasn't in the cabin on boarding & wasn't delivered until Sunday late morning. Not a big deal as I'm sure they were all very busy due to the extra cleaning from the previous cruise. The set-up was delivered on a small tray, wrapped in a paper laundry bag & taped shut.

I don't drink alcohol or coffee, so swap mine for a mix of soda/perrier. The guy delivering said I needed to request the change through room service, which was not a problem & the change out was done the following day. 

It would be great if there was a way of pre requesting/ordering what you'd like from a pre set list, rather than the current double doing, which must add to the crew's workload.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

If you are elite, and have the complimentary mini bar setup and also have the plus package, what do you exchange it for?  We used to exchange it for coffee cards/packages, but that is included with plus. 

canned soda. 

10 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I have heard otherwise.  What we cannot do is get one coffee program for half a mini-bar.

I'll give it a shot on our next cruise. Since the mini bar is now extraneous, someone might as well get the benefit of some coffee.

• 4 months later...

Dredging up an older thread 🙂  I was looking for an answer to a question I had when I saw this post.  It didn't answer my question - but it was the right subject 🙂

I just saw in a post someone said that if you were Elite on a 14 day (or longer I suppose) cruise they got 2 set-ups.  I never heard that before and it dawned on me we haven't taken a 14 day cruise since we reached Elite.

IF that is true does it only apply if they are booked as two 7 day cruises combined rather than as one 14 day cruise?

I realize that an Elite in a suite would get 2 set-ups which isn't our case - and with the Plus Package we rarely drink anything from the set-up other than the soft drinks and beer - but inquiring minds....

On 11/18/2022 at 9:23 AM, kywildcatfanone said:

I'll find out Sunday. A friend who cruised in February stated choice of wine or sparkling wine. There's 1 I'll drink but I'd rather have OBC

On 4/4/2023 at 5:38 PM, AE_Collector said:

A perk that you run the risk of having us all lose by over using it. The laundry done onboard for us soon after boarding where we were travelling for a week before boarding as well as the laundry done several times while on a long cruise is worth so much more than laundry done just before disembarking that could have been done at home. But laundry is laundry to Princess and having to do too much of it threatens the perk for us all. The four biggest perks to me were captains circle loyalty OBC (Gone), Free Internet (No longer a free option), elite minibar (the squeeze is on) and laundry. Laundry is the only one of these four that hasn’t been touched … yet.

34 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I'll find out Sunday. A friend who cruised in February stated choice of wine or sparkling wine. There's 1 I'll drink but I'd rather have OBC

We were quickly offered $50/each OBC as a goodwill gesture.  Not sure how long that will last.  This was 2 weeks ago on the Regal.

• Like 1