Sit down breakfast

shiner6

This is my first Carnival cruise.  Besides the buffet, is there a sit-down breakfast and lunch offered in the MDR? I am not a big fan of buffets, although I most probably will do the buffet for convenience sake a few times.  I was really turned off on my last cruise after watching people touch things without using the hand washing station beforehand.  All of us got covid on that cruise this past summer.  I had not had covid before despite being a first responder and taking direct care of very ill people.

I do not wish to hear about covid from anyone, just want to know if choices are available.  Thanks to those of you who answer respectfully.

• Like 4

No lunch available in the MDR but there may be some restaurants available for lunch depending upon your ship (extra cost may apply). Room Service can be brought to you anywhere with the app for a fee as well.

Guy's Burgers, Blue Iguana Cantina and The Deli are not sit down but are made to order in front of you then you are free to find a less crowded space to eat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teknoge3k said:

As others said, there's breakfast every day in the MDR. On sea days, it's sea day brunch. On port days, it's port day breakfast. Either way, it's a sit down breakfast in the mdr each day.

I enjoy looking out the window, while having breakfast and the conversation

• Like 1

The Huevos Rancheros (spelling?) are really good from Blue Iguana during breakfast.  You can get them with or without an egg topper (fried egg, maybe scrambled?). They also have this on one of the dining room menus, but I don't remember is it MDR or sea day brunch.  Not sure if they're exactly the same in the dining room.

Huevos-Rancheros.jpg

• Like 2

To summarize (because that's just how I roll):

1. You can get a "sit-down" breakfast/brunch in the MDR every day.  Hours and menu will vary based on whether it is a port day or a sea day.
  2. You can get a "counter serve" breakfast at multiple venues on the Lido which are not on the buffet.
  3. The omelette station is also a "counter serve" option, although it is located within the buffet area.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We do the MDR breakfast every port day; we like sitting down and being served.  We eat light at lunch - maybe the taco bar or Guy's burgers, a sandwich from the deli, or pizza, or grab something in port.  Sea days we love the Sea Day brunch and we usually aren't hungry until dinnertime in the MDR.  We rarely eat from the buffet.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 8:25 AM, Island Dog said:

No lunch available in the MDR but there may be some restaurants available for lunch depending upon your ship (extra cost may apply). Room Service can be brought to you anywhere with the app for a fee as well.

Guy's Burgers, Blue Iguana Cantina and The Deli are not sit down but are made to order in front of you then you are free to find a less crowded space to eat.

On The Maiden Voyage of Carnival Celebration there is Lunch in MDR on select days. Below are 2 MDR Lunch menus that I found.

http://zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalCelebrationTA/09_SeaDay4/QR_LUNCH-2-DINING-ROOM.pdf

http://zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalCelebrationTA/10_SeaDay5/QR_LUNCH-3-DINING-ROOM.pdf

20 minutes ago, NanoGirl21 said:

On The Maiden Voyage of Carnival Celebration there is Lunch in MDR on select days. Below are 2 MDR Lunch menus that I found.

http://zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalCelebrationTA/09_SeaDay4/QR_LUNCH-2-DINING-ROOM.pdf

http://zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalCelebrationTA/10_SeaDay5/QR_LUNCH-3-DINING-ROOM.pdf

Makes zero sense that there are more options for dessert at a special lunch time MDR seating than the one lone choice you get at dinner time. (Besides of course the sugar free option, or ice cream or fruit)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, simplelife said:

We do the MDR breakfast every port day; we like sitting down and being served.  We eat light at lunch - maybe the taco bar or Guy's burgers, a sandwich from the deli, or pizza, or grab something in port.  Sea days we love the Sea Day brunch and we usually aren't hungry until dinnertime in the MDR.  We rarely eat from the buffet.

Definitely want to try the port day breakfast next cruise, the Lido buffet breakfast has been wholly unappetizing the last few Carnival cruises I've been on.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NanoGirl21 said:

I believe on Journeys cruises and other special cruises they have a MDR lunch, but not on "regular" cruises.

I'd like to add my two cents worth. I like to get room service for an early breakfast, then the MDR brunch later and treat it as an early lunch. Fewer crowds that way. I'm also a fan of Cucina Del Capitano which has a nice sit down lunch that is included in the fare.