Celebrity Beyond - 11/20 still at port

minimotorin

It’s 9:07pm and still haven’t left port at Ft Lauderdale.  Dinner took 2+ hours as they were low on staff.  Still haven’t left port.  Had 4 cabins booked and haven’t met our room attendant yet.  One cabin was booked for 3 passengers but only two person bed setup. No toom stweard, left room and physically yelled for assistance.  This is BS for how much this cost.

6 minutes ago, minimotorin said:

It’s 9:07pm and still haven’t left port at Ft Lauderdale.  Dinner took 2+ hours as they were low on staff.  Still haven’t left port.  Had 4 cabins booked and haven’t met our room attendant yet.  One cabin was booked for 3 passengers but only two person bed setup. No toom stweard, left room and physically yelled for assistance.  This is BS for how much this cost.

Does the phone in your room not work?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

We were on the 10/26 sailing and it was very obvious our room attendant was new to his job. Didn't actually meet him until day 3!!! Our room wasn't serviced until afternoon. Towards the middle of the cruise he would see us going to breakfast but didn't take that as an opportunity to make-up our room. He kinda got our schedule on the 2nd to last day of the cruise. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

We were on the 10/26 sailing and it was very obvious our room attendant was new to his job. Didn't actually meet him until day 3!!! Our room wasn't serviced until afternoon. Towards the middle of the cruise he would see us going to breakfast but didn't take that as an opportunity to make-up our room. He kinda got our schedule on the 2nd to last day of the cruise. 

As you know, we were on the same cruise. This is the first time I didn't see our attendant on day 1. In fact, I didn't meet him until day 6 (although my wife did on day 3). Like you, it took him forever to understand what we wanted, and he kept rearranging things we specifically put in certain places.

Annoying, but didn't affect my cruise. First world problems for sure 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, alyssamma said:

As you know, we were on the same cruise. This is the first time I didn't see our attendant on day 1. In fact, I didn't meet him until day 6 (although my wife did on day 3). Like you, it took him forever to understand what we wanted, and he kept rearranging things we specifically put in certain places.

Annoying, but didn't affect my cruise. First world problems for sure 🙂

We've had this kind of experience prior to Covid on NCL but never on Celebrity. My parents had a better experience on this cruise with their room attendant on the same Deck but different area. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

We've had this kind of experience prior to Covid on NCL but never on Celebrity. My parents had a better experience on this cruise with their room attendant on the same Deck but different area. 

NCL lost one of my bags on my first cruise with them that they eventually found.  Not a good way to get new cruisers to book future cruises.  Talk about stress.  They have a kit where they give you t-shirt, toiletries, etc.  Very, very cheesy.  I laugh at the experience now.  But I learned to just let things work themselves out.  Perhaps be more concerned on the 2nd day.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, minimotorin said:

The ship hasn’t left because the port has been closed. 

Yelling rarely works to one’s benefit.  
- you could walk down the hall until you see a cabin attendant and politely ask if they are responsible for your cabin, if not do they know who is

-if you don’t want to wait for someone at GS to answer the phone you could walk down and speak to them in person

- you could check in the cabin as the attendants tend to leave a card with their phone extension on it. 
- you could go out around the ship, look for a Officer and ask if they can help you get in touch with a Housekeeping Supervisor as there is a problem with your cabin.

Any of these is likely more effective than standing in the hall yelling and if you approach any of these with politeness rather than ranting you should get the problem resolved quickly.

• Like 15

6 hours ago, minimotorin said:

Sorry for your experience but we just came off Beyond with similar experience. Things got a little better as the cruise continued especially the last night of cruise. I wrote a short review of my experience.

On RCCL last month we had a newbie room attendant who got nothing right.  All we wanted was 2 extra pillows.  We got them day 4.  He never got our schedules straight for doing the rooms and kept knocking even with do not disturb on door.  Took our pool towels that we had to return.  I felt bad for him because he looked so nervous every time he screwed up and apologizing.  He appeared to be the same age as my kids.  I finally said hey we are usually gone 8-12 then at night from 7p to 10p.  If you would like to do evening earlier, we go to gym at 5p to 6p.  Once I said that, he was fine.  I can't get too upset at room stewards.  We were all new to a job at one point and screaming doesn't help.  I never bother them the 1st day unless they approach me.  I've seen some entitled jerks screaming at the stewards because they didn't get their ice or once a towel animal.  

• Like 5

OP, you should know that dinner almost always takes two hours or more even when the ship is fully staffed. If you need to eat more quickly, be sure to let the server know when you sit down.  Otherwise expect the meal to take that long on a nightly basis

• Like 1

Wasn’t just the length of dinner but no courses showing up together, so you had quests getting entrees while some had not gotten served appetizer’s.  I’ve cruised a bunch including on Celebrity, you pay for the service on celebrity, this was an expensive trip.  My one fare was equal to what I paid for 3 day cruise for three folks on RCCL.  I don’t want special treatment but I do expect standard service.  Will it ruin my trip?  Absolutely not, but does it make me second guess choosing celebrity again?  Absolutely yes.  Plus I got a couple of other quests to join us on this trip and they have not sailed Celebrity before so for them, I doubt they will cruise this line again.

Edited by minimotorin
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, minimotorin said:

Wasn’t just the length of dinner but no courses showing up together, so you had quests getting entrees while some had not gotten served appetizer’s.  I’ve cruised a bunch including on Celebrity, you pay for the service on celebrity, this was an expensive trip.  My one fare was equal to what I paid for 3 day cruise for three folks on RCCL.  I don’t want special treatment but I do expect standard service.  Will it ruin my trip?  Absolutely not, but does it make me second guess choosing celebrity again?  Absolutely yes.  Plus I got a couple of other quests to join us on this trip and they have not sailed Celebrity before so for them, I doubt they will cruise this line again.

Probably wont cruise with you again.  Temper tantrums rarely are the way to go.  Perhaps you should try another cruise line if you are so unhappy.  I'm just sayin!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some of the condescending responses are quite something.

The OP (like many) are paying a premium price for a premium product with their hard-earned green. When that falls way below the expected standard you are entitled to let someone know. Moreover, when your complaints have no one listening to them let alone addressing them, you can understand the frustration. 

Some people on here take criticism of Celebrity as a personal attack.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JonoBhoy said:

The OP (like many) are paying a premium price for a premium product with their hard-earned green. When that falls way below the expected standard you are entitled to let someone know. Moreover, when your complaints have no one listening to them let alone addressing them, you can understand the frustration. 

When we’ve needed help we walk down the corridor and normally in less than a minute you’ll bump in to someone who might not be able to directly help but will point you in the right direction or even call for it. Slightly different to yelling down the corridor.  Failing that have a stroll to Guest Relations to sort, you may have to queue but needs must.

I don’t see any response being defensive on behalf of Celebrity, they are as you’d expect on a Forum, expressing an opinion.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, minimotorin said:

Was the third bed set up during turn-down service? I would have been surprised to find the third (or fourth) bed set up upon boarding. 

1 hour ago, JonoBhoy said:

Making excuses for poor behavior is really counter productive.  Every person on the ship "paid a premium price for a premium product" but thank God they are not all yelling down the hall.

When things are not correct, there are chains of command to follow to get it corrected.  Wonder if his fellow passengers were embarrassed for him?

• Like 2

We were on the October 26 sailing. It was the first time our cabin steward didn’t stop by until day 2. We didn’t see her again for several days; however, she kept the room immaculate and made sure I had ice every afternoon.  I assumed that she was new. She has more experience now. 😃 

• Like 2

I just boarded the brand new Carnival Celebration in Miami. Just like our 10/26 Beyond Cruise, this will be the Celebration's 1st US port cruise, and actually it's 2nd revenue cruise, after the TA. The official christening was yesterday. 

On the Beyond we didn't meet our cabin attendant until day 3. On this cruise, the cabin attendant knocked on our door about an hour ago, 12:30,and introduced herself and asked when we wanted our cabin serviced (Carnival cutback to 1x/day cabin servicing). There's about 2,500 passengers on board for this sailing. 

Edited by kwokpot

1 hour ago, JonoBhoy said:

Next time I need something I'm definitely going to shout it out the door and see what happens. 🤣

You can always tell when people will have the most complaints. They demanded this, they were insistent on that, they order a waiter to get them this....the reason behind the 'poor service' they receive makes more sense. 

• Like 2