#notmydream #notmydome

startedwithamouse

18 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Oh, no……say it isn’t so!  My sweet tooth is in mourning.  At least I can still count on the luscious soufflés.  Can’t I?  

Yes - there were plenty of soufflés on the Emerald Princess. Also - here was my Love Boat Dream last week on Emerald Princess. I ordered it just to see what they were offering:

image.thumb.jpeg.96b368fa7da9c771d976e200383e4e6b.jpeg

Edited by Coral
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, sunviking90 said:

We are just off the Emerald Princess and the Love Boat Dream and the Pistachio Dome were the same as they have always been. These pictures look like they have been given a new “interpretation” by the individual ship executive chef. Consistently would be nice.

Yes they were! I even asked my waiter about the red love boat dream and he had no clue what I was talking about. He mentioned they may have done something different during an anniversary sailing or something but he had no clue what I was talking about and the Love Boat Dream came out looking like it did pre-covid.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 3

On Royal Princess in May they didn't offer my usual Creme Brulee at dinner so I ordered the old stand by Love Boat Dream. I was served the abomination shown in the first post. It was pathetic and majorly disappointing.

5 hours ago, Coral said:

Yes - there were plenty of soufflés on the Emerald Princess. Also - here was my Love Boat Dream last week on Emerald Princess. I ordered it just to see what they were offering:

That is what I would expect the Love Boat Dream to look like.  I am totally unfamiliar with the one that has the "curves".

27 minutes ago, Coral said:

I understand variations but these are definitely 2 different recipes. I wonder why some ships are doing one recipe and other ships, another recipe?

My earlier guess was and still is the availability of chocolate, either due to supply chain issues or their continuing need to lower costs.  They really should call it something else if they aren't able to deliver the versions that many of us have grown to know and love.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Coral said:

I understand variations but these are definitely 2 different recipes. I wonder why some ships are doing one recipe and other ships, another recipe?

Money, money, money. Because it hasn't been introduced fleet wide yet?  Remember, Santa Clarita is Princess corporate. We had corporate chef onboard this week. 

Just now, azbirdmom said:

My earlier guess was and still is the availability of chocolate, either due to supply chain issues or their continuing need to lower costs.  They really should call it something else if they aren't able to deliver the versions that many of us have grown to know and love.

They aren't printing new menus, yet at least. 

7 hours ago, Coral said:

Yes they were! I even asked my waiter about the red love boat dream and he had no clue what I was talking about. He mentioned they may have done something different during an anniversary sailing or something but he had no clue what I was talking about and the Love Boat Dream came out looking like it did pre-covid.

This is currently on Discovery. This is the B2B2B we are doing. 

9 hours ago, Coral said:

Ha!!  I just told my husband that I would ask on board next month if it was the regular Love Boat Dream or that nasty thing we just had on Discovery. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/26/2022 at 10:07 AM, Coral said:

On my cruise this October on the Enchanted my Princess Love Boat Dream looked likeCoral's picture than the OP's picture and the pistachio dome looked a heck of a lot better.

I’m on the Discovery now, I’ll order it one night and see which one I get.

I’m do have to say, I ordered the Mojito Ceviche starter and was shocked at what was put in front of me. If anyone remembers, it was served in a martini glass and actually looked like ceviche. This is what I got.

8ADBB5ED-C96E-4A8F-9DBE-16B46C8FBD94.jpeg

1 hour ago, tonit964 said:

I’m do have to say, I ordered the Mojito Ceviche starter and was shocked at what was put in front of me. If anyone remembers, it was served in a martini glass and actually looked like ceviche. This is what I got.

They are using the martini dessert glasses for actual drink martinis. 

• Haha 1

Ordered this on the first night. It was quite good. 

20221114_203732.jpg

• Like 2

What is that? It’s not the same dish