The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday December 10th, 2022

richwmn

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

HALsailer DSIL with cancer and dangerous procedure

My DH was just now able to have a very brief phone call with his sister, my DSIL. She came through the procedure but is very, very weakened. My DH and DSIL only exchanged a few words and their "I Love You"s before signing off. 

I apologize for the delayed update. Her son did not report last night as DSIL requested he wait till morning. (As a retired RN, she knows how things can change in those post-surgical hours.) 

Surviving yesterday's procedure means DSIL can continue her fight against her multiple life-threatening issues. There truly is no cure. How her weakened condition will impact her will to fight is unknown. She has put herself through more than most would choose.

Thank you, all, for your care and prayer,

-Melisa

• Like 24
  • Thanks 9

1 hour ago, RedneckBob said:

Dewey Decimal System Day. Is that a cousin to National Abacus Day 😀

National Lager Day. Again I will drink to that. If this keeps up each day I will never be sober.

Redneck Bob, Will you be out on your balcony for the sailaway again today?  If so, we will watch for you again.  Don't forget to unbutton your collar so we can all see your neck.

• Like 9
  • Haha 12

Good morning again everyone!  It's a beautiful day here in Barbados but we have no plans...yet.  It looks pretty industrial out there and I didn't want a tour so we may do nothing.  I am having a heck of a time finding out when and on what ship my previous port visits were.  The website I used is not coming up on DH's travel laptop.  In fact, it says the domain is for sale on GoDaddy!  If my info is gone I am going to have a lot of work ahead of me going back 20 years to figure out where we went on all our cruises.  Between that and no way to retrieve my photos from Shutterfly and even look at my photo books online this cruise, it's like I'm on a boat without a paddle.😜  Luckily I know today's port destination of Cozumel was never listed on Rich's Daily before so I can't get my pictures copied and pasted from there.  I think I was in Cozumel on Regal Princess on Dec. 11, 2015 and on Rotterdam in February 2019.  Once again, I can't show you photos from Cozumel because Shutterfly is not working here.  I know you sailors have been there so let's see some photos!

Thanks for all you do Rich @richwmn, Roy @rafinmd, Dixie @summer slope, Debbie @dfish, and Ann @cat shepard.  Bon Voyage to everyone heading out on cruises.  Prayers for the many in need here on the Daily.  Hoping Dixie's DH is doing well now.  Have a great day!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all. Thanks Rich and all who make this a great place to be. The Dewey Decimal System Day hits close to home. My very first job was in the library. A part of my job was to check in all of the books and put the cards back in the pockets to be reshelved. (Young people wont remember the little sleeves in the front of the books.) Well, the main complaint was I was too slow doing the check in. I would be going along fine until I had an interesting book to check in and I would sit and read the fly leaf, which I did about every fifth book and you weren't supposed to enjoy the books while working. It was fun working in a library but would be like working with animals, you would want to pet everyone of them. Jacqui @kazu I sure hope you beat the storm and are able to enjoy your cruise. 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

My DH was just now able to have a very brief phone call with his sister, my DSIL. She came through the procedure but is very, very weakened. My DH and DSIL only exchanged a few words and their "I Love You"s before signing off. 

I apologize for the delayed update. Her son did not report last night as DSIL requested he wait till morning. (As a retired RN, she knows how things can change in those post-surgical hours.) 

Surviving yesterday's procedure means DSIL can continue her fight against her multiple life-threatening issues. There truly is no cure. How her weakened condition will impact her will to fight is unknown. She has put herself through more than most would choose.

Thank you, all, for your care and prayer,

-Melisa

Glad to hear more positive news today.  I'm sure it will be quite a long time to regain all her strength.  I hope things just continue going up from here on.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good Saturday Morning Dailyites.

The Atlanta Master Chorale Christmas concert last night was very enjoyable.  I grew up singing, it was mandatory in the school I went to,  in college I joined a church just to sing in the choir, when I graduated I went back to my home church, and sang in the choir, and when I moved south I joined the Dekalb County Chorus.  Then I got married to husband the first,  and gave it up. (that was dumb of me)  So add on 30 plus years, and while I knew that DH enjoyed the symphony i was not sure if he would enjoy chorale pieces, and lo and behold, he loved it!

The woman sitting next to me, had had a hip replacement surgery,  and she told me that she really wasn't supposed to be out and about yet.  I figured out why she was there, when they had the audience sing along, that woman could sing!  Turns out she was in the chorus, but was not allowed to be singing and standing with the group due to her surgery.

slide_330152_3244149_free.jpg

be3b35171ea38e02dd39ecdd88789759.jpg

• Like 16
  • Haha 12

26 minutes ago, travelnap said:

Redneck Bob, Will you be out on your balcony for the sailaway again today?  If so, we will watch for you again.  Don't forget to unbutton your collar so we can all see your neck.

Affirmative, if we don’t sailaway too late. Booked at Tamarind at 5 pm. I will be wearing a turtleneck 😎

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

Good morning, everyone!

First of all, Happy Birthday to @Cruising-along's DH, Henry!

101-Best-Happy-Birthday-Memes-12-720x720.jpg.2f19134444fee1da5f58fc0693e54275.jpg

Here's hoping Carolyn is well enough for a celebration today.

Thank you to @HAL Sailer for the update on DSIL.  However things progress from here, let her be comfortable and peaceful.  

@aliaschief Glad you are feeling better!

@marshhawk You have a lot on your plate.  If  you want, I can help with the meal planning for diabetes.  chebble1 at yahoo dot com

Last night we had a rousing round of Farkle Friday.  We were joined this week by brother Jeff and that helped keep things moving.  Next week we are moving it to Saturday as Bill has to work Friday night.  Sue will be here next week so we don't want to miss it.  I'm cooking one of Muzzy's Marvelous Meals from the family cookbook.  Can't decide between meatloaf and beef stroganoff.  

Speaking of meals, we have a good one for today.  I love chili and it is the perfect meal for cold weather.  Right now I have a batch of chicken, sausage, and kale soup that I am alternating with my batch of chili.  I froze half of each and will have them for a while.  Mmmmm

https://www.howsweeteats.com/2020/09/easy-turkey-chili/

1610765949_mapleturkeychili1.thumb.jpg.1343ad73baba459888eb6178220fa9ad.jpg

I love the avocados on the one above.  I like the next one because it looks to have more of a broth to go with it.  I like that.   https://www.healthyseasonalrecipes.com/smoky-and-sweet-turkey-chili/

1173678525_mapleturkeychili2.thumb.jpg.d232a9d19a636fb45ed0f5a66b725d40.jpg

This last one adds some Mexican beer to the mix and some interesting seasonings.  I'd try it.  No directions unless you go beyond the pay wall on Good Housekeeping, but most of us can figure out what to do.  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/272467846195398662/

13159573_mapleturkeychili3.thumb.jpg.e5dee0a2caa27d9f3b595aff7148c111.jpg

Wishing all of you a wonderful day.  For those who are ailing or have ailing family members, my wishes for a speedy recovery.  Hope all the broken and cracked bones heal quickly (Ray).  I'm off to get ready for my  morning walk.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 9

Happy Saturday!  We had about 4" of snow yesterday afternoon over a 3 hour period.   I hope it melts away quickly.  We are heading to visit DB and then have lunch someplace.

@richwmnThanks for the Daily and Fleet Reports.   I loved the library when I was young and can still remember where the horse riding books were in our libraries.  919.0 near the other sporting books.   Our computers were the old card indexes.  Animal rights are very important.   If we choose to eat meat and eggs lets make sure we get them raised in a humane way.  That is the reason I buy my pork from a small hobby farmer once a year.   A beautiful quote.   @dfishthanks for the yummy chili recipes.  @summer slopeThanks for the cocktail recipe, an interesting one.  I hope your husband is still feeling okay and that you remain negative.  @cat shepardThanks for seeking out our wines each day, today's Syrah looks nice.   I owned a time share in Cancun for 3 weeks a year for almost 28 years and never made it to Cozumel though we made it to the ruins frequently, Playa del Carmen was the closest we got to there.  We will be there in February 2024 on the Eurodam so look forward to photos of the port.   

@rafinmdThanks for the Daily Cares and Celebrations report.  I saw that you took DB off the rotation which is good.  I am thinking really positive that this will be near the end of his time in rehab.  @HAL Sailerthanks for updating us on your DSIL and that she came through her procedure.    @aliaschief I hope you will get over the pneumonia and its lingering effects soon.  @marshhawkprayers for your family's ongoing health problems.   I really miss the choral music at Christmas that we used to enjoy in Baltimore.   Prayers for the people of Ukraine.

I finally got that article on invasive plants off my back.   I stayed home yesterday and wrapped it up and emailed it off.   Army Navy game today.   My company used to have a sky box at Ravens Stadium in the days before that became inappropriate.   I got wind it was going to be in Baltimore so I put dibs on it in lieu of prime Ravens games.  What an event!  Usually a lopsided game but seeing all the cadets in their winter dress and the pageantry was a once in a lifetime experience for a football lover.   Have a great day and Go Navy beat Army!  

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

This is just a quick Good Morning from Miami before I pack away my IPad.

it is a beautiful sunny day here. Great day for a sail-away.

We are all packed up. Had a nice breakfast in the lounge and all ready to go.  We have an 11 am check in time at the port.

We are so looking forward to this cruise to get some time to rest and get away from the stress we have been experiencing in the last few months.  

Prayers for all on the cares list.  I am so sorry to see it growing.  

Cheers to all those who are celebrating and cruising.  

We are stopping in Cozumel in a few days on the first segment of this cruise.  

We are on the Insignia.  This is the ship that Oceania uses for their World Cruise, which will begin when we disembark on Dec. 28.  I am hoping that the internet is decent.  if so, I will post pictures along the way.  I’ll do my best.  

I hope everyone has a great Saturday wonderful weekend.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from another cloudy and breezy day in central Texas.  Since I'm not driving to Waco almost everyday, I 've stopped looking up the weather forecast.  Today will be spent inside baking and decorating cookies.

The Dewey Decimal System is the most widely used system in libraries to classify books.  Sadly, some younger librarians are turning to newer systems.  I worked in the school library in junior high, and in the library at a scientific testing company.  Animal rights are very important, and all living creatures deserve to be treated well.  I prefer pilsners or lagers to other beers.

The quote is interesting.

We'll pass on the chili since we just finished a batch Thursday night.  Instead, it will be some of the King Ranch casserole I found in the freezer the other day.  We'll pass on the drink and the wine.

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope the coming winter storm does not affect your travel plans.  Have you considered going even earlier than planned?

@Seasick Sailor   Safe flights today, Joy and Allen.

@cat shepard  Ann, I can relate to the armadillo chase.  We have one or two here, and they love to dig in the yard and eat the bugs.  I just consider it getting the lawn aeriated, and I'm glad I don't have to do it.  🤣

@aliaschief  Bruce, I'm glad you are out of quarantine.  Take it easy until you are completely well.

@HAL Sailer  Melisa, I'm glad that DSIL came through the procedure well, and that she and your DH got to have a brief talk.  I too am hoping that she can remain comfortable not matter what the future holds.

@GTVCRUISER  🛳️ BON VOYAGE! 🍹

@Cruzin Terri  Terri,  🎈 🍷 BON VOYAGE! 🛳️ 🥂

Living in south Texas for many years, we have been to Cozumel many times on cruises and on land trips.  Only the cruise in 2002 on Rhapsody OTS was in the digital age.  We were sailing with DBIL and his DW.  That day, we did a sail and snorkel tour on the Fury catamaran.  The only pictures of the island were taken from the boat.

IMG_0732.thumb.JPG.55077100daa07ea548c5d4c96289a4af.JPG

IMG_0733.thumb.JPG.7d95e4a0549a7ed566a273f54da7263d.JPG

Lenda

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

Update on last cruise on NS last week. We stopped at Bimini, first time I was there. Had read reviews prior to cruise and mostly not very positive. Well, it was great!  Went to the World resort, beach and pool. Water was crystal clear; snorkeled and saw many big fish and super size stingray.

• Like 15

@1ANGELCATthose two fur babies look entirely adoptable

cats_are_like_potato_chips_poster-rb4346ac9d19e4d3b95dc4f884e652801_wee_8byvr_704.jpg

@dfish  If I understood what you said, you now have mail.  Thank you.

I have been to Cozumel I think around 9 times.  I like getting a day pass at El Cid, not sure if they still do that, but it's close to the port, in walking distance, and they have great food and offers great snorkeling.  We have also done the Isla Passione, a couple of times,  going by the catamaran,  great way to see the island from the water, and nice to get away from the crowds.  Have done a bus tour around the island years ago,  but being to dorky tourist I am,  I love the art museum, and the Pole flyers.

mayan-pole-flyers-al-junco.jpgl

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Daily-ites. 

I love the Sparks quote. It's beautifully written. 

Happy Birthday Henry!

image.png.3af3a3b58b4c3c59bb3cd7cf7227e1fb.png

This morning we have a friend taking us to the airport for our flight to FLL. We are excited to get the party started! 

image.png.ecf2ece5460c0b72157ae60bed65d262.png

Wishing everyone a great weekend. Prayers for all who are needing a hug. Be kind.

To a lovely couple.

Joy and Allen.

Screenshot_20221210_160136.jpg

• Like 9