Diamond Plus - No More Concierge/Suite Lounge Access

DaKahuna

Here is the January 21, 2011 introduction of points and two new levels... Emerald and Pinnacle.

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/646/royal-caribbean-upgrades-crown-anchor-society-/

The program's first enhancement is the transition from 'cruise credits' to 'Cruise Points.' The new system to earn tier status when sailing with Royal Caribbean International is based on one cruise point for every night spent aboard one of the cruise line's ships. The more nights members spend onboard, the more points they can earn. Additionally, Crown & Anchor Society members can earn double points when they pay for suite accommodation.

Furthermore, two new status levels are being introduced as part of the enhancements to the program: Emerald tier, between the current Platinum and Diamond status levels, and Pinnacle Club, the new top tier. The new progression of Crown & Anchor Society member status is Gold, Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club. Guests who have a minimum of 100 cruise credits before January 21, 2011, will be the first to be invited to join the new top Crown & Anchor Society member tier. Moving forward, Pinnacle Club status can be achieved with 700 Cruise Points, equivalent to 100 seven-night cruises - or less cruises if members choose to sail in suite category staterooms or on longer itineraries.

17 hours ago, nelblu said:

First of all, D+ are not allowed in the CK.

How, the problem was not the D+ tier level but his/her staying in the JS.  To alleviate what you consider/indicate a problem, in this case, is not allowing JS Paxs in CK.

Stop dumping on us lowly D+s.  We don't go around flashing our gold badges.😄

I am aware D+ are not allowed in - he was just making sure that in every sentence he said he reiterated he was D+ like it would make a difference

and I’m certainly not dumping on D+ as I am one myself lol. 

Edited by Spurschick

15 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Smaller scale. However, we booked about 8 JS's to get that final push back in 2017.

Go to most top tier events. The Pin with most points is usually solo

And many of them pretty much live on the same ship all winter.  😉 

14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

No idea. I think we did 12 nights in a GS back in 2010. Got 3 points. Converted to 21

My Wonder cruise a few weeks ago cruise netted me 112 points.  🙂  

GS four weeks (including the TA)...post Covid double points promo. 

Could have put me from zero to half way to D+ on one adventure.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, twangster said:

Here is the January 21, 2011 introduction of points and two new levels... Emerald and Pinnacle.

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/646/royal-caribbean-upgrades-crown-anchor-society-/

The program's first enhancement is the transition from 'cruise credits' to 'Cruise Points.' The new system to earn tier status when sailing with Royal Caribbean International is based on one cruise point for every night spent aboard one of the cruise line's ships. The more nights members spend onboard, the more points they can earn. Additionally, Crown & Anchor Society members can earn double points when they pay for suite accommodation.

Furthermore, two new status levels are being introduced as part of the enhancements to the program: Emerald tier, between the current Platinum and Diamond status levels, and Pinnacle Club, the new top tier. The new progression of Crown & Anchor Society member status is Gold, Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club. Guests who have a minimum of 100 cruise credits before January 21, 2011, will be the first to be invited to join the new top Crown & Anchor Society member tier. Moving forward, Pinnacle Club status can be achieved with 700 Cruise Points, equivalent to 100 seven-night cruises - or less cruises if members choose to sail in suite category staterooms or on longer itineraries.

Thank you. 

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Smaller scale. However, we booked about 8 JS's to get that final push back in 2017.

Go to most top tier events. The Pin with most points is usually solo

John, you could have said that about me being solo on my recent Voyager cruises but I can assure you I would give every point back if I could still have my husband back sat at the side of me.  Most of those points were earned by both of us.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Yorkshire Voyagers said:

John, you could have said that about me being solo on my recent Voyager cruises but I can assure you I would give every point back if I could still have my husband back sat at the side of me.  Most of those points were earned by both of us.

Same here. Your post is bringing tears to my eyes  I lost my husband the end of last year 

Edited by molly361
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

What’s theirs?

It's based on the category of room you book 

image.thumb.png.61fa8bfb0833a517cbe9ba03aa706786.png

And the tiers are 

image.thumb.png.68112642ebb4bed34a904f403420dda8.png

Notice the huge gap between Elite Plus and Zenith.   Seems similar to Diamond Plus to Pinnacle. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Yorkshire Voyagers said:

I wasn't lamenting the solo points, just adding to conversation. Plenty of my 'relationship' points were due to solo trips by Laura, and a lot of trips with seperate cabins

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

And the tiers are 

Notice the huge gap between Elite Plus and Zenith.   Seems similar to Diamond Plus to Pinnacle. 

Thanks for the share. Defiantly the Elite Plus to Zenith seems comparable. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

I once created a spreadsheet with four of the loyalty programs using balcony/verandah cabins since these are the most common types of cabins that most cruisers will occupy.   Suites are always in their own league so I didn't include suites.  

I then normalized the data to reflect the highest tier level and charted it.  

Notice the shape of the curve for each is very similar.  The only outlier is the weird Emerald level in CAS as we all know. 

They all have a long haul from the 2nd highest level to the highest level.  Slightly less so with Carnival VIFP.  

This doesn't account for actual benefits, simply the points math to reach each level.

I think NCL updated their program since.  I haven't updated the chart for Latitudes to reflect that.  

image.jpeg.c888a69c2ff41b615ead3ae88b7ce49a.jpeg

The point is that each program's tier levels are pretty similar in terms of nights in a balcony cabin based on double occupancy without any brand specific ways to earn more points per night since not all lines do that.  Carnival for example doesn't offer solo extra points.  

On 12/22/2022 at 11:09 AM, DaKahuna said:

And the tiers are 

A fairer system I believe. And the Iconic Suite on Edge class ships gets 24 pts per night. 

It’s somewhat related to $$ spent. How the Royal Loft Suite gets the same as a JS when it is many times the cost seems crazy. At least Royal could throw Star class an extra point per night. 

mac_tlc

8 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

A fairer system I believe. And the Iconic Suite on Edge class ships gets 24 pts per night. 

It’s somewhat related to $$ spent. How the Royal Loft Suite gets the same as a JS when it is many times the cost seems crazy. At least Royal could throw Star class an extra point per night. 

mac_tlc

I’m in agreement with that, or at least after it hits a certain threshold.