What are your favorite things about Quantum Class? (Quantum, Anthem, Ovation)

We'll be sailing two different Quantum class ships next year (Anthem and Quantum) and just for fun I would like to get your impressions of what you like most about this class of ships versus other RCCL classes.  By the same token you can reply with your dislikes of Quantum class too, but I'd prefer to hear more about the good unique aspects.

We've sailed Voyager, Freedom, and Oasis classes multiple times but not Quantum.

Thanks in advance!  -Dan

We love Solarium and 270.  Anthem has one of the best pool decks I think.  270 is nice for watching the ocean and the food selection is good.   There are plenty of indoor spaces to enjoy when it is cold or rainy outside.  I prefer the full promenade deck as opposed to the Esplanade, it is too choppy. Via seems a waste of space but other than that We enjoy Anthem.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I really like Jamies' Italian as well. The 270 shows are great, a pity they didn't really bring it fully formed to Icon. The skydive is obviously quite unique. They are also really built well for cold weather with 2/3rds of the pool spaces essentially being indoors.

Sonic Odyssey I really enjoyed, which is the show on Quantum.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BrianLo said:

I really like Jamies' Italian as well. The 270 shows are great, a pity they didn't really bring it fully formed to Icon. The skydive is obviously quite unique. They are also really built well for cold weather with 2/3rds of the pool spaces essentially being indoors.

Sonic Odyssey I really enjoyed, which is the show on Quantum.

i got to see a preview of Sonic while on Quantum in Sept and it was good show

Also love Jamie's and so glad it was on Quantum, Ovation, and Symphony. wish it was on all ships.

• Like 2

I love the outdoor seating at rear of the Windjammer, same as radiance class.

Also love 270 theater and Cafe.

Vintages is a great bar too!

Bumper cars and pickle ball are fun too.

Nice pool deck and nice to have indoor pool in addition to the solarium.

North star and i-fly are nice features.

I enjoy finding a nice quiet spot on sun deck to relax and read.

Just sailed Anthem last week and cannot wait to sail again in March.   Lots of great crew.  Wifi worked great the entire week.

Diamond lounge much nicer than Oasis.   Anthem DL has windows with a view.  

Outdoor dining at Jamie's is a plus too!

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm sailing on a Quantum class ship for the first time next year too (the Spectrum, which wasn't on your list but I'm pretty certain it's a Quantum class ship). I haven't had a desire to sail on a quantum class ship primarily because it seems like the whole ship is indoors, and for me, cruising is all about being outside in the sun.

I booked the Spectrum, not for the ship, but for the itinerary, but after I booked it I watched a YouTube video and man does that ship look really nice! It does look like it's mostly indoors, but a very nice, fancy ship. I think it's brand new (or was launched just before the pandemic, and then sat for a couple years unused). 

I'll be interested in visiting the new, exotic ports for 12 days, but now I'm also looking forward to the ship. 

• Like 1

Best Windjammer and it's not even close.

270 both for shows and a quiet place to hang out during the day

270 Cafe, great for a quick bite

Boleros for Latin music

Best balconies for standard balcony cabins, deeper, with better chairs

con: the promenade gets very crowded when they put out sales racks and people are moving back to dinner or forward to the theater/music hall

can be very hard to get a lounger in the Solarium

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Love...

* IFly

* Art around the ship...mostly ignored.

* Solarium

* Aft Suite Lounge

* Seaplex

Esplanade...gets a bit congested at times.

omg the art on ovation was BEAUTIFUL. I took so many photos of all the different pieces.

I loved the specialty restaurants on Ovation. 

Cons - the lines for everything were SO long. As an example - an hour wait to get on the bumper cars for 3 minutes. Over an hour wait for the flo rider. The free rides on both the North Star and the iFly are first Come first serve, as are dining reservations if you do the UDP. Was bummed we couldn’t book anything online, in advance.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

We'll be sailing two different Quantum class ships next year (Anthem and Quantum) and just for fun I would like to get your impressions of what you like most about this class of ships versus other RCCL classes.  By the same token you can reply with your dislikes of Quantum class too, but I'd prefer to hear more about the good unique aspects.

We've sailed Voyager, Freedom, and Oasis classes multiple times but not Quantum.

Thanks in advance!  -Dan

Love your topic! We’ll be sailing our first Quantum class ship, Odyssey, next year. Normally I book more for the itinerary than the ship, although the choice of ship is a close second. Our upcoming Odyssey cruise is all about the ship and I’m excited about that! I’m looking for any tips I can get before we sail.

• Thanks 1

270 is a great place for breakfast and lunch. Food good, great view, relaxing atmosphere. 

North star and i-fly are worth trying.

The Solarium is great.

Try the outdoor seating at the in Windjammer

The bumper cars are fun.

It's a bit more of a challenge to find our way around Quantum clas. Ships but we are used to Oasis class.  We miss the Aqua Theater too.

Not a big fan of Jamie's. 

You should really enjoy them.  Have fun. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the replies!  Sounds like 270, the solarium, and the outdoor seating at the Windjammer are consistent winners.  Can't wait to try them! (and Northstar, and iFly, and... 😊 )

I know what makes 270 so cool, but is there something about the Solarium that makes it special versus those on Oasis class?  I do love the Solarium on the Oasis class so if it's as least as good as the we'll be happy clams.

43 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

... is there something about the Solarium that makes it special versus those on Oasis class?  I do love the Solarium on the Oasis class so if it's as least as good as the we'll be happy clams.

Quantum class solarium is enclosed.  It also has cascading pools.

• Thanks 1