Gbenjo

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

The red carpet is cleaned and ready to go. and the cougars await...enjoy your cruise Chili.

I will give you a live cougar report uncle Les .

Do you think CC will give one of those Rare stickers on my screen name ?

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Haha 2

My Planner says 40 days to gbenjo, hoping the Ovation is in better shape than the last time. Chilli in between fending off those felines you attract could you find out when the new Menu will commence. See you in 40 days at 12 noon Graham, no need for the red carpet.🤣

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, beatleman said:

My Planner says 40 days to gbenjo, hoping the Ovation is in better shape than the last time. Chilli in between fending off those felines you attract could you find out when the new Menu will commence. See you in 40 days at 12 noon Graham, no need for the red carpet.🤣

Looks like you may be getting off the day we board - 11-Mar. as our countdown shows 48 days.

Yes, hoping Chilli stays safe from his 'friends' & can keep us updated on the ship, including the new menus.

Also hoping to day G'day to Graham on the day

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Looking more and more like he’ll never have the pleasure of checking me in again. (but he has only had that pleasure once, or maybe twice). 

I know we joke and take the “p” out of each other ( we both know it is all in fun)but always a pleasure to see you and Mrs Gut. I hope it is not the case that your cruising days are over, hang in there and I hope for the best for you . See you soon mate.

• Like 3

Before the pandemic I wasn’t a big fan of the main dining rooms as it was exactly the same food as the buffet,windjammers.I tested it many times.

But post pandemic the food in the dining room is way better .
I haven’t been following the new menu news but I will check it out.

55 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

I know we joke and take the “p” out of each other ( we both know it is all in fun)but always a pleasure to see you and Mrs Gut. I hope it is not the case that your cruising days are over, hang in there and I hope for the best for you . See you soon mate.

There's the Stockton ferry😟 No flying.

3 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Looking more and more like he’ll never have the pleasure of checking me in again. (but he has only had that pleasure once, or maybe twice). 

Probably haven't said this enough but have always enjoyed reading your posts. I do hope you get the chance to enjoy the cruise experience once more. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gbenjo said:

Thanks mate, we have had one or two think it was serious.

As you know they told me no more a few years back, and we quit for a while, but got half a dozen more in, so still hoping there might be more, but that depends on some Drs finding something that isn’t more dangerous than doing nothing. But hope springs eternal.

we do have one booked for next year, but Drs say no way, so may get a refund on it and try some road trips, unfortunately about 1-2 hours is about all I can do in the car so it’ll be a slow old trip.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, tangogulf said:

Probably haven't said this enough but have always enjoyed reading your posts. I do hope you get the chance to enjoy the cruise experience once more. 

Thank you, hope springs eternal.

On 1/21/2023 at 1:22 AM, Chiliburn said:

I will give you a live cougar report uncle Les .

Do you think CC will give one of those Rare stickers on my screen name ?

@NSWP

live report Uncle Les , I hope to get one of those Rare stickers from CC.

Firstly I didn’t get to say hello to Grahame he seemed be in a heavy discussion about water slides . We all know how passionate he is about water slides.So I didn’t bother him.

Now to business.

The cougar situation is pretty relaxed on Ovation.A young fella like me feels safe.

There’s a lot of Americans on this cruise and they seem to behave themselves.

I’m being the gentleman and showing a couple of elderly ladies ,from Tampa Florida around Dunedin tomorrow.

So all quiet on the western front.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

@NSWP

live report Uncle Les , I hope to get one of those Rare stickers from CC.

Firstly I didn’t get to say hello to Grahame he seemed be in a heavy discussion about water slides . We all know how passionate he is about water slides.So I didn’t bother him.

Really, I just don’t understand your pointless dribble.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

OMG after all our last cruises being ex Brisbane I just realized that the Christmas cruise is ex OPT (edge) more red carpet squares for SPECHUL people 

John wish covid again looking forwRD TO a Celbrity Christmas and new year  2023/2024 13 nights to New Zealand

Sorry COVID and a death in the family has made me forget my place in the scheme of things we lost Elsie the MIL 98.6 y/o  a couple of weeks after her last cruise on Qantum    cruising right up to the last

2 hours ago, VK3DQ said:

Sorry COVID and a death in the family has made me forget my place in the scheme of things we lost Elsie the MIL 98.6 y/o  a couple of weeks after her last cruise on Qantum    cruising right up to the last

Sorry for your loss…had a terrific life I would think🥳

we are on that Celebrity Christmas cruise in 23/24.   Hope we meet up

Eileen

3 hours ago, VK3DQ said:

Sorry for the loss of your mother in law. My sincere condolences to your family.

Take care.

15 hours ago, NSWP said:

Just checking in Uncle Les.

Its been a pretty uneventful cruise but a funny thing has been happening.

I am familiar with some of the crew and bar staff and they know I’m single.

A few times some crew have come up to me with a can of coke and started rubbing their index finger along the side of it. It has happened at least 20 times.

It has had me baffled? I really couldn’t understand what was going on  and  then they would look in a direction and nod.

Last night I was sitting at a bar and listening to the band . A couple of bar staff held a can of coke up to me and started rubbing their index finger along the side of it.

They nodded towards the dance floor where a few ladies where dancing.
The ladies where dressed in red and black and as you know a can of coke is red and black.

The penny didn’t drop,I thought they referring to the coke I have with my bourbon all this time.

I was dressed in a red polo shirt and black shorts last night  ,a pure coincidence.

A security Gard the size of a mountain came up to me and started looking at me as I was sitting at the bar.

I thought I’m in trouble here !

He reached over the bar and picked up a red and black can of coke.
Then started rubbing his index finger ( the size of a tree stump) along the side of the can of coke.  He then looked over to the ladies on the dance floor.

The penny finally dropped and the bar staff confirmed it with a hand action.

Red a black designates a swinger looking for some action !

I just wanted to share that with you uncle Les ,  I thought it might make your day and now you know what colour clothes to buy.

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Haha 1