Arvia's arrival

molecrochip

6 minutes ago, TigerB said:

You don't really get a sense of her scale until you see her next to the terminal building 

Your comment has just made me realise that little shack seen in front of her is the terminal through which we disembarked Aurora nine days ago.........

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Lovely to see her arrive. We have to wait until September 23 to experience her first hand, will have to make do with her elder sister next month !

We haven't got anything booked on her yet. Much tooo big for us, no interest at all. We will stick to the little old ships . Like Iona and Britannia .🤣

• Haha 7

It’s a big ship, not really something we would go for, I am sure some people will enjoy it, but it’s not for us. 

I suspect it will be one of a number of cruise ships of this size P&O will commission over the next few years and it will seek to move it smaller ships on. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Huge and extremely ugly.  Isn't she called "our Vera".  I'll stick to the little ones 🙂

She is called Arvia and looks stunning. The little ones, as you call them, were mega monsters once.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

She is called Arvia and looks stunning. The little ones, as you call them, were mega monsters once.

That's the worrying thing --- one day Our Vera (that made me smile) my be the 'little one' 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Very true many of the "old" P&Oers on Aurora and Arcadia maiden voyages moaned about the size of them and said they were "huge". They said they were horrible, big and ugly compared to Victoria and Canberra. How times change and people's moans.

• Like 1

As much as I don't like the bigger ships, I do think that the exterior lines of Iona & Arvia are an improvement on Azura & Ventura. Britannia seems to be the sleekest of the modern fleet but to my eye Aurora is far more elegant and streamlined to look at on the outside. I fully accept though that beauty is very definitely in the eye of the beholder.