LIVE from the Koningsdam Holiday Sailing - Dec. 17th - Jan 7th - exploring my first Pinnacle Class ship 🤞

kazu

2 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Yes, 5*'s have priority tendering

Yes, that's a hand written note by Laundry Coordinator (official title) I Komang Dana (Komarza), as opposed to a computer generated note. It's something they - the always hard working laundry crew in the bowels of the ship on C-Deck - started doing within the last year 

Enjoy K-dam with most pax off, take care of your foot, and perhaps, go get a Broodje Kroket at the Grand Dutch Cafe for lunch! Can't wait 😉 

And I might add excellent penmanship.😁 We always had a note on Rotterdam cruises.

• Like 3

On the Eurodam last month I don't think it was actually hand written notes but there were definitely thank you cards in much of my laundry and processing time was also much faster than advertised so it isn't just the Pinnacle Class.

Roy

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

On the Eurodam last month I don't think it was actually hand written notes but there were definitely thank you cards in much of my laundry and processing time was also much faster than advertised so it isn't just the Pinnacle Class.

Roy

I agree with you, Roy.

The processing times in my experience always floored me.

And this is with the non-expedited option they have. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Vic The Parrot said:

BTW

I'm confused (so what else is new, right? 🤯)

I thought you were leaving Cabo later tonight. At least that's what the program mentioned. 

-Last tender at 830pm or something like that ... -

oops that was sail in - not sail a way - sorry about that - auto correct at it again.  I don’t think I would have pics like that at 9 pm unless the sun sets a lot later here in Cabo. 

Last tender is 8:30 pm and we sail at 9 pm according to the schedule..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, kazu said:

oops that was sail in - not sail a way - sorry about that - auto correct at it again.  I don’t think I would have pics like that at 9 pm unless the sun sets a lot later here in Cabo. 

Last tender is 8:30 pm and we sail at 9 pm according to the schedule..

Blasted auto correct! 

That stupid thing needs a good thumping. 🙃

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

We will have Discovery Princess with us on January 3 in Mazatlan - I know because we have neighbours who will be on board and we’re meeting them for lunch….

That's very cool because I know someone aboard her that day also and we're doing a similar thing, maybe not lunch, but a get together to chat over a Margarita and some chips & salsa in the PM 😉 

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

It is the Discovery Princess; it was with us at all three ports last week but this week only being 5 days, I suspect it will only be seen at Cabo.

Don't doubt you a bit however, on her current voyage which appears to be a somewhat short charter, she shows a bit of a different track. Not that important anyway! 😉 

https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9156527 

On 12/17/2022 at 7:42 PM, kazu said:

I am open dining as I have Club Orange -we’ll see how that goes

So good to hear you're on another cruise! For me, the best thing about Club Orange was the cooked-to order breakfast. Pancakes off the griddle and to your table in 30 seconds! And the mimosas were nice, too. 

My favorite spot to sit on K'dam, other than the balcony, was one of the curved sofas on the second level of the pool. Very comfy for stretching out and knitting (my niece was pregnant and the clock was ticking on the blanket I'd started). 

Try the movies on the big screen by the pool. I enjoyed those a lot.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

So good to hear you're on another cruise! For me, the best thing about Club Orange was the cooked-to order breakfast. Pancakes off the griddle and to your table in 30 seconds! And the mimosas were nice, too. 

My favorite spot to sit on K'dam, other than the balcony, was one of the curved sofas on the second level of the pool. Very comfy for stretching out and knitting (my niece was pregnant and the clock was ticking on the blanket I'd started). 

Try the movies on the big screen by the pool. I enjoyed those a lot.

Thanks.

I thought the kitchen was shared with the MDR except for the one specialty item but apparently not.  Everything is cooked in CO.  CO has their own chef, apparently.

1352A2E3-9C93-495C-8764-D822E8ED2D5D.thumb.jpeg.63a47cb1f7bf0a202bc404ff6bc11992.jpeg

Can’t say that my food comes in 30 seconds but it’s good and sure beats the line I see outside the window to get to the MDR (and have to pass by to get into CO.

4A07A76F-A214-429D-89B1-2E73A98C7BF8.thumb.jpeg.10b11dda74ab10f3ad2e8cae075e2098.jpeg

D5A95F3C-F1D9-42B3-85F0-E1945A166AA8.thumb.jpeg.b3c2f06a61ff9563bf173af90bffffd3.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2