Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

11 hours ago, dides said:

Another look at a restaurant onboard - here is a reel  of the Reserve Collection Restaurant. The chairs look a bit er functional.

Interesting view of the restaurant. I just wish the person taking the video would have gone a little slower so we could see more and not get motion sickness.  🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Any way for someone to post these as I’m not on FB. 

Nor are we but I was able to see them by clicking on the X in the top right corner of the Facebook log on box.  The box disappears and you can see that video and forward to others.

1 hour ago, nasa1974 said:

Interesting view of the restaurant. I just wish the person taking the video would have gone a little slower so we could see more and not get motion sickness.  🙂

I was thinking the same thing!  Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pyrite_Gold said:

I don't think the chairs in the Reserve Restaurant are all matching, either 🤔 Looks a bit underwhelming overall but hopefully someone on the inaugural can tell us how it looks in-person. 

They all appear to be the same chair style, but a mix of arm and side chairs. The arm chairs have a blue inner shell and cream outer shell and the side chairs have a blue inner and outer shell.  All have a blue seat. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, capriccio said:

Nor are we but I was able to see them by clicking on the X in the top right corner of the Facebook log on box.  The box disappears and you can see that video and forward to others.

Thanks. Didn’t know I could bypass the FB log in.

1 hour ago, Vinnyv20032003 said:

Sun Princess is currently still in Monfalcone, but has updated its destination to Zelenika, Montenegro for tomorrow (2/24).

BTW, they’re dealing with some rough weather conditions in that region right now.

IMG_9693.jpeg

Crew and contractors only?  Any VIP, TA's ?

1 hour ago, Vinnyv20032003 said:

Sun Princess is currently still in Monfalcone, but has updated its destination to Zelenika, Montenegro for tomorrow (2/24).

BTW, they’re dealing with some rough weather conditions in that region right now.

IMG_9693.jpeg

I saw that.  Near gale force winds right now.

19 hours ago, fpsphil said:

Still waiting for reviews before I make my decision on our 14 day b2b in Oct/Nov.

We do our own reviews firsthand.  Have 14 day B2B in Oct/Nov and again in January 2025.  Have another 14 B2B on the Star in November of 2025 and February of 2026.

• Like 1

I received an email with a bid upgrade offer for our 4/27 sailing.  I was surprised to see this since it is showing as sold out.  I haven't cruised since the upgrade bidding was introduced, so I am not sure if that means there is some capacity or not.  The upgrades were for reserve cabana suite and above, which would be the next level up from what we have booked. I realize there is a whole thread about the bid upgrade process, but thought in interesting in context of the new ship.  The Reserve Collection benefits are so fuzzy when I look at their website, which is why we didn't book in the first place. But now I am curious! I went ahead and placed a bid on a couple of the categories, since we were already waiting for room assignment.  (Sky Suite was still more than I was willing to pay, LOL)  So wherever I land I will be OK with.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, fishmom said:

I received an email with a bid upgrade offer for our 4/27 sailing.  I was surprised to see this since it is showing as sold out.  I haven't cruised since the upgrade bidding was introduced, so I am not sure if that means there is some capacity or not.  The upgrades were for reserve cabana suite and above, which would be the next level up from what we have booked. I realize there is a whole thread about the bid upgrade process, but thought in interesting in context of the new ship.  The Reserve Collection benefits are so fuzzy when I look at their website, which is why we didn't book in the first place. But now I am curious! I went ahead and placed a bid on a couple of the categories, since we were already waiting for room assignment.  (Sky Suite was still more than I was willing to pay, LOL)  So wherever I land I will be OK with.   

Are you booked in a mini suite? What was the minimum bid for next level up? Hope you get it!

3 minutes ago, juicyjuju said:

Are you booked in a mini suite? What was the minimum bid for next level up? Hope you get it!

I am booked in a cabana mini (not reserve).  The minimum bid for the next level up for reserve was only 25pp.  

• Like 1

My teen and family friends are on the March 19th sailing in a cove balcony. They just got the upgrade email (the other cabin they are travelling with booked a guarantee and no room assigned yet).

IMG_1530.jpeg

IMG_1531.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, fishmom said:

With a Reserve Cabana Mini Suite you also have access to the Reserve Restaurant and, more important for us, to a private cabana deck with loungers and a hot pool. We hope that this terrace will be quieter than the main pool deck and that sun loungers will always be available. Other than the restaurant and the private deck, I don't know if there are more Reserve benefits.

7 minutes ago, Meldrum said:

With a Reserve Cabana Mini Suite you also have access to the Reserve Restaurant and, more important for us, to a private cabana deck with loungers and a hot pool. We hope that this terrace will be quieter than the main pool deck and that sun loungers will always be available. Other than the restaurant and the private deck, I don't know if there are more Reserve benefits.

I looked into it and there is more: a complimentary bottle of wine in the stateroom upon arrival, premium terry shawl bathrobes, priority specialty dining reservations and evening canapés upon request. 

• Like 1