Upcoming Change - No Longer can just 1 passenger purchase a beverage package.

jelayne

1 hour ago, SusieAV8R said:

Not good!!

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

We definitely noticed significantly smaller portions on Summit in October.   Had a Cobb salad in Luminae where the bowl was barely 1/2 full and only about 6 pieces of lettuce.

3B70C6EA-B39D-449F-913F-C33909DAB3B8.thumb.jpeg.35c39c8f900daf489645265d23ff6a05.jpegSummit Luminae  Cobb Salad 2 weeks ago. So loaded with with good stuff didn’t notice the lettuce!

7 hours ago, zitsky said:

Can someone help me out?

I work with a TA. I have to use them to upgrade alcohol?  If not what number to call?

is it too late to get the old price?  I was going to upgrade on board.

Even if you booked with a TA you can upgrade your drink package directly with Celebrity. I did it on Sunday afternoon, it was easy. Only on hold for less than 10 minutes. Almost instantly, my online Xpress Pass showed PALL for Premium. 

I called the Celebrity phone # as shown on their website. 

On 12/17/2022 at 4:15 PM, miched said:

With the increase in price I hope that they will now be able to stock the bars with plenty of the spirits that are included in the package instead of claiming it is a supply issue when they don’t have it.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I never did believe its a supply chain issue. They are just getting a better price on some wines. When I was in Florida pre cruise recently I ordered a Kim Crawford SV at land restaurant which was on menu but they didn't have.  Waitress offered a substitute claiming owner got a better price on a cheaper wine.  I had dinner two doors away that evening and they had Kim Crawford. 

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

I never did believe its a supply chain issue. They are just getting a better price on some wines. When I was in Florida pre cruise recently I ordered a Kim Crawford SV at land restaurant which was on menu but they didn't have.  Waitress offered a substitute claiming owner got a better price on a cheaper wine.  I had dinner two doors away that evening and they had Kim Crawford. 

Isn’t that frustrating?!  I would accept these problems if Celebrity put a big banner on their website saying

SUPPLY CHAIN blah blah

aka

You’re going to spend a lot on this cruise but we won’t promise that you get what you paid for.

I took a contract law class in grad school.  And I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.  If Celebrity is stuck with only one supplier then let them say so!

5 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Isn’t that frustrating?!  I would accept these problems if Celebrity put a big banner on their website saying

SUPPLY CHAIN blah blah

aka

You’re going to spend a lot on this cruise but we won’t promise that you get what you paid for.

I took a contract law class in grad school.  And I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.  If Celebrity is stuck with only one supplier then let them say so!

Thats one of the reasons I'm not purchasing drinks package on my next cruise.  I'll drink their HH wines some of which are pretty good and at dinner will drink what I bring onboard. Celebrity doesn't even stock these wines.  I'll bet some of their very cheap wines work out to a few bucks per bottle. 

38 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Thats one of the reasons I'm not purchasing drinks package on my next cruise.  I'll drink their HH wines some of which are pretty good and at dinner will drink what I bring onboard. Celebrity doesn't even stock these wines.  I'll bet some of their very cheap wines work out to a few bucks per bottle. 

What is HH?  House wine?

18 hours ago, jcpc said:

What would happen in the case of a Zenith Captains Club Member (who gets complimentary premium  beverage package as a Zenith perk) traveling in a cabin with non-Zenith Captains Club Member.  The non-Zenith passenger always used to purchase a beverage package.  Does this mean that the Zenith member ALSO needs to purchase a beverage package now (even though he/she already has a complimentary beverage package)??  Just crazy.

Of course not.  Crazy?  More like silly to even make a suggestion that it would be a possibility.

Edited by jagoffee

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

What is HH?  House wine?

@zitskyits happy hour for Elite and above from 5 to 7 pm. A selection  of specific martinis and wines although when I was on the Edge this year bartender at Eden was pouring me Decoy (red cabernet) and making me some fabulous martinis. Think he was new and showing off his skills. 😆 

On 12/17/2022 at 4:06 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Wonder if that has to do with the spiraling inflation cost of all products including alcohol.

I also noticed while onboard that the size of the pastry in OV, Al Bacio have been downsized.

LOL, that's a change I actually like.  Too often I tend not to order the pastries because of how large they are and how bloated I know I would feel if I ate the whole thing.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

LOL, that's a change I actually like.  Too often I tend not to order the pastries because of how large they are and how bloated I know I would feel if I ate the whole thing.

I'm not that fussed about Cafe El bacios pastries they are not as good as they were pre covid. They used to make a fantastic carrot cake and German chocolate cake but have not seen in last 4 cruises.  

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

I'm not that fussed about Cafe El bacios pastries they are not as good as they were pre covid. They used to make a fantastic carrot cake and German chocolate cake but have not seen in last 4 cruises.  

Not a German chocolate cake fan but did see carrot cake on our sailing a couple of weeks ago.

• Thanks 1

We are cruising in April, both had the Classic Package included in our Cruise Price, and I upgraded about a month previous, I assume that Celebrity can’t insist that both persons within the cabin have the same package retrospectively ?

2 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I don't believe they are restricting you to have the "same" package, just that if one has a package all in the stateroom have a package.

No, if one of age has an alcohol package, all of age must unless they meet reasons for not (underage, pregnant, recovering alcoholic, medication it interacts with) and then they must have the non-alcohol package (whatever it's called).

I suspect they will have a ton of 'medication issue/recovering alcoholics' onboard now. LOL I don't see this changing much though. People will still lie and share a drink package...but now they will have to pay 30pp to do it.

23 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

No, if one of age has an alcohol package, all of age must unless they meet reasons for not (underage, pregnant, recovering alcoholic, medication it interacts with) and then they must have the non-alcohol package (whatever it's called).

The question was both booked with AI so had the Classic package.  I wants to upgrade and As I understand if  both don’t have to have the same alcohol package, one can have Classic and the other can upgrade to premium.