Live from 12/23 Riviera “Alluring Caribbean”

ToxM

3 hours ago, jonthomas said:

is the pizza different in Waves than the Terrace...I dont like it in the Terrace...it looks good but isnt...

I wonder maybe you can tell us if it’s anything that you like about Oceania cruises. Wishing you Happy New Year and wonderful cruises that you may like!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Robjame said:

New Years Eve in MDR

- amuse bouche

- caviar

- foie gras

- shrimp/zucchini risotto

- Florida lobster tail

- Key Lime pie

- strawberries Romanoff

Looks like a great dinner!  Two desserts – a man after my own heart!  😆

[but not a good meal for a 'meat and potatoes' palate...]

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ToxM said:

Was asked in the upstairs smoking lounge in Horizons if I objected to the table next to mine smoking some marijuana. I said I didn’t object but the ships security might!

I guess the list of prohibited items did  not apply to them 😲

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, osandomir said:

I wonder maybe you can tell us if it’s anything that you like about Oceania cruises. Wishing you Happy New Year and wonderful cruises that you may like!

must be something I like since I have 6 more future cruises booked...

I like the general ambiance, the activities, the O points, the lectures, the O loyalty program...

after a life time sailing Celeb, elite plus gets us a specialty coffee and free internet....you get all that on O without doing 50 cruises...

• Like 1

Our December 23 Odyssey La Reserve evening was thoroughly enjoyed by all of our group of 10 CC roll call. The food and wine pairings were great.

Unfortunately the New Years Dom Perignon experience was not so enthusiastically accepted. The food was thought to be better at the Odyssey dinner. The menu for Dom Perignon experience was not a Jacques creation.

The greater complaint was that the champagne pairing was actually only 3 champagnes, cycled twice.

With the massive price increases for the La Reserve offerings, you might want to do some extra research.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Robjame said:

Our December 23 Odyssey La Reserve evening was thoroughly enjoyed by all of our group of 10 CC roll call. The food and wine pairings were great.

Unfortunately the New Years Dom Perignon experience was not so enthusiastically accepted. The food was thought to be better at the Odyssey dinner. The menu for Dom Perignon experience was not a Jacques creation.

The greater complaint was that the champagne pairing was actually only 3 champagnes, cycled twice.

With the massive price increases for the La Reserve offerings, you might want to do some extra research.

The pairings and the menu, along with its preparation style, for the Dom meal was created by the people at Dom. Jacques has nothing to do with it.

In 2019 we had four different Dom P, with only one being used twice. Even with the current world wide supply issues for Champagne, it’s depressing that O couldn’t get a full complement of wine for this event. We are signed up for it again on Marina in March. Hopefully they get a new shipment 🥂

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 1

Here is something to stink about. We are on the Riviera right now and our stateroom is on sewer line #2. In the past 11 days this line has had major blockages 4 times resulting in the toilet filling up with other peoples *****. The smell is gagging. On two occasions the toilet has over-flowed flooding the washroom.

Just guessing but I am not sure this is a healthy situation.

‘’It is 3 am, our stateroom stinks and we are waiting for someone to address this - one hour and counting.

4 hours ago, Verokaren said:

Ugh!  What stateroom

7009 but it is part of what they call Line 2.

they told us that someone on floor 11 is responsible for jamming the toilet and everyone (especially at the lowest level) suffers

Loved the Odyssey dinner and thanks to Bob for organizing! Spectacular food and wines! Gorgeous glassware too. Wonderful time was had by all with fellow cruisers. We thought it was a great value. 

On 1/1/2023 at 3:45 PM, Evolus said:

Hi  What beautiful pictures.  As mentioned we will be on the Riviera for 3 months starting 3-22.  If possible can you post pictures of the plugs by the bed and also on the desk area?  I would love to be able to cut down on all the electronics we bring.  Many Thanks.

On 1/1/2023 at 8:32 PM, Evolus said:

Wow!!  Great pictures.  Thank you very much. Since I am graphically challenged, LOL, could you identity which ones are the bedside or desk..?  Im thinking the first two are the bed stands and the other two are on the desk. I must have 10 lbs of electrical stuff I have gathered over the years of travel and will now need very little of it.  Happy New Year and again, thanks for taking the time to do this.

46 minutes ago, Robjame said:

7009 but it is part of what they call Line 2.

they told us that someone on floor 11 is responsible for jamming the toilet and everyone (especially at the lowest level) suffers

As the saying goes "ship flows downhill", hope they resolve it.

• Haha 1

We had this happen on the Regatta in a PH about 12 years ago, it was actually our second Oceania cruise. First time was when we were having dinner served in the room. That kind of ruined the dinner. I called Guest Relations and they told me they would send Carlos ?, the Concierge. I asked, "Is Carlos a plumber? He's welcome to come but he better have a plumber with him. "

Happened two or three times but they eventually got it straightened out. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ShipShapely said:

ppl do not heed instruction to put nothing but toilet paper in the toilets. they cause problems for everyone else. 

Heeding instructions of senior Oceania staff or policy is not something a significant percentage of Oceania cruisers do. Many examples.

Back in 16 or 17, on the Nautica, we were having continual plumbing issues. Seems someone thought they should flush their adult diapers down the toilet every day. They finally caught the guilty party when they didn’t make it past their cabin.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Heeding instructions of senior Oceania staff or policy is not something a significant percentage of Oceania cruisers do. Many examples.

Back in 16 or 17, on the Nautica, we were having continual plumbing issues. Seems someone thought they should flush their adult diapers down the toilet every day. They finally caught the guilty party when they didn’t make it past their cabin.

How you feel about flushing adult diapers really Depends on the individual.

• Haha 2