The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday December 21st, 2022

richwmn

1 hour ago, jodi58 said:

Good afternoon!

Thanks for the Daily. Such nice people here!  It’s a great place to visit.🙂

After avoiding Covid all this time, it finally caught up to me 10 days ago via my sweet DGD.   Not fun at all🙁. Just starting  to feel better now.  Hubby is still negative, go figure.

Luckily my son and daughter-in-law are hosting Christmas on the 26th,  she even made all the tourtières!   Hopefully I’ll be negative by then.

I hope the weather cooperates for all the travellers and everyone stays safe.

Jo

Jo, sorry covid finally caught up with your.  I'm glad you are beginning to feel better, and hope your are negative in time for the family Christmas on the 26th.

Lenda

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Jo, sorry covid finally caught up with your.  I'm glad you are beginning to feel better, and hope your are negative in time for the family Christmas on the 26th.

Lenda

Thanks Lenda , and Graham also!

First time in 4 years all our boys and families are together for Christmas,  I don’t want to miss it!

• Like 12

Thanks to @richwmn  Rich for the daily and Locations of the Holland America Fleet. Rich, sending best wishes for a wonderful cruise.  

Thanks to @rafinmd Roy for the Care and Celebration lists. Hope you are feeling OK and keep free of Covid.

Thanks to the food and beverge ladies for your input.

Finally we have a sunny day, especially for the Summer Solstice., temperaturee 20 C. 

Supermarket this morning, car park was almost full, ........ very busy inside the store.

Best wishes to all on the care list.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 15

Update:  Dermatologist took biopsy samples from 3 areas on/around my nose.  Have had to have MOHS surgery once on each side of my nose!  Biopsy might be back by 1st week in January.  Guess I can only wait.

My second piece of not so happy news is that I won't be able to get tickets for Nutcracker.  It was just in paper today (hadn't seen anything before).  Tickets are $72 for last row,  which is the only seating available, so not going to do that.  I have had seats in that area before, and it is not ideal seating.  Oh well, it perked me up just to think about going.  Will save that $$ for something fun in Hawaii.

On a brighter note, my Step-son just had a good visit with oncologist, so I am anxious to hear more about the appointment.  Guess everything is a go for the next surgery (kidney removal).

Now return to your regular reading.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JazzyV said:

I went to college in Boston and that's where I first started driving regularly; I told people I could drive anywhere after that.

When my DH's youngest son married a Boston lass, I came to the conclusion from riding with her that successfully driving in Boston requires two things: 1) a foot ready to stomp on the accelerator, and 2) a hand ready to blast the horn!

• Like 3
  • Haha 13

Rotterdam had its first tree lighting ceremony tonight. It was so nice. Hot chocolate, cider, cookies, children on deck 10 throwing handfuls of snow towards the trees at Lido pool area. Sang Silent Night and I'll Be Home For Christmas.

450 kids 1 to 21 onboard today!

N. Amsterdam along side us for awhile after leaving Lauderdale.

Nice dinner in Canneletto.1221221914_HDR.thumb.jpg.b5e8b7bcb7fcfdc642567d824caf722e.jpg1221221717.thumb.jpg.5cca30f2209e7b56d4a9123554502485.jpg935562555_1221221710b2.thumb.jpg.ffbb7b30049ef388af2f1276c4145249.jpg1221221642.thumb.jpg.fb47024d7234ef5f10cd4dac1e896626.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

This is agonizing. I also post on FlyerTalk, where there is an Old-Timer's Quiz that has been running for many years and more than 27,000 posts. There is an unanswered question for which I'm pretty sure that I have an answer, but I can't use it, because I figured it out from a timetable, not from my own memory, which doesn't run to the sort of information that most of the questions require. Once in a while I'm able to get one from an arcane hint that has nothing actually to do with aviation, or through successive approximations, but that wasn't the case with this one.

• Like 8

@4966and556Thank you.  I will charge my phone tonight, DH charges his phone every night.  And that I think are the only electronic devices we have.  There are the work computers, but trust me, if I have no power, I wont be freezing in the office next to the window where the north wind hits.

I have decided to staple some blankets to the inside of the porch. i hope that will keep the space a bit warmer.  I am always scared because of the space heater, but it they are on the back wall, and i have the chairs helping to hold them in place, that should help the furbabies stay warmer.

Inside the house, i will make little round blanket beds for the cats, two of them prefer just sitting on DH, and I have one who snuggles with me all the time.  the other two like their own space,  but a box with a blanket might just be the ticket.  Better to be prepared,  oh and the cat litter?  It's worth it just to have one cat. but we have 5 indoors, and two who live on the porch and in the yard.  They are now using a litter box on the porch, and DH said, we need to buy more litter tomorrow.

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

I will charge my phone tonight, DH charges his phone every night. 

I brought the battery jump-starter for the car in, partly because it needs to be charged two or three times a year even if not used and I'll be on a car trip next week, but also because it can charge phones and other devices. We are not expecting severe weather here this week, but almost anything can happen almost anytime. I've also started stocking shelf-stable food in case of being snowed in. Last winter there were days when the roads were passable but I couldn't get my car out.

• Like 11

I have to persuade the Junior Cat that she is not, in fact, a leopard. The Big Cat Public Safety Act is now law, and it prohibits unlicensed keeping of them (all species and hybrids of lion, tiger, leopard, cheetah, jaguar, and cougar). She is a very, very small cat, but if she continues to insist that she's a leopard, we could be in trouble.

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

8 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Rotterdam had its first tree lighting ceremony tonight. It was so nice. Hot chocolate, cider, cookies, children on deck 10 throwing handfuls of snow towards the trees at Lido pool area. Sang Silent Night and I'll Be Home For Christmas.

450 kids 1 to 21 onboard today!

N. Amsterdam along side us for awhile after leaving Lauderdale.

Nice dinner in Canneletto.1221221914_HDR.thumb.jpg.b5e8b7bcb7fcfdc642567d824caf722e.jpg1221221717.thumb.jpg.5cca30f2209e7b56d4a9123554502485.jpg935562555_1221221710b2.thumb.jpg.ffbb7b30049ef388af2f1276c4145249.jpg1221221642.thumb.jpg.fb47024d7234ef5f10cd4dac1e896626.jpg

Lovely photos of yourselves.

• Like 3