Speight's Brewery Tour

48 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I looked it up on their website, Speights Dunedin brewery tour: 

Admission $30, Seniors/students $27.

I suppose seniors means over 60.

Enjoy.

Yes, they have a concession rate, but do they accept an Aussie concession card to get it. Personally, it is worth it without the concession.

5 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Yes, they have a concession rate, but do they accept an Aussie concession card to get it. Personally, it is worth it without the concession.

For $3 difference, I would be happy to ask when booking, but not offended if they said no.

12 hours ago, NSWP said:

I looked it up on their website, Speights Dunedin brewery tour: 

Admission $30, Seniors/students $27.

I suppose seniors means over 60.

Enjoy.

Hi, in NZ senior is generally regarded as over 65. If admission rates just say "seniors/students $27" then it arguably covers everyone over 65 ("Gold Card holders" would only cover NZers over 65). Many moons ago I was in Rome visiting the acropolis with my adult daughters. The entry cost had a discounted student rate, my nurse daughter still had her nursing student card and got the cheap rate 🙂

• Like 1

We got seniors rates when we did this years ago and our private(public people) tour was much better than the cruise line one which was ahead of us.  In fact they were going slow so we went to the board room for our tastings and got much more there about 7 beers and 1 cider I remember.   Also their cafe does a good lunch

• Like 1

23 hours ago, arxcards said:

Their old dark is quite a nice drop too.

Might be worth an effort for out next Dunedin stop, if only for the tastings.

Last night I had a bottle of Monteiths Black beer with dinner at a local restaurant ( Sesame's Belmont, Asian fusion). It was a very nice drop. It wasn't on the drinks list per se but was listed as a "craft" beer. You had to ask.

My favourite restaurant for this birthday boy.😊

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Last night I had a bottle of Monteiths Black beer with dinner at a local restaurant ( Sesame's Belmont, Asian fusion). It was a very nice drop. It wasn't on the drinks list per se but was listed as a "craft" beer. You had to ask.

My favourite restaurant for this birthday boy.😊

Montieths is in Greymouth , some nice drops, we have checked out that brewery as well.

• Like 2

I recall our tour of Speights in 2013 as best brewery tour I’ve done. The samples at the end just kept flowing. At one point I suggested that we should maybe head out to get the bus back to ship. Our host said “no need to go so quickly, you’re bus isn’t even here yet & they won’t go without you”. Another couple of samples & I had to cross my legs on the way to ship 😁

• Haha 3

On 12/23/2022 at 6:36 PM, mr walker said:

I recall our tour of Speights in 2013 as best brewery tour I’ve done. The samples at the end just kept flowing. At one point I suggested that we should maybe head out to get the bus back to ship. Our host said “no need to go so quickly, you’re bus isn’t even here yet & they won’t go without you”. Another couple of samples & I had to cross my legs on the way to ship 😁

Yes we also had the best tasting we have had in a brewery tour and we do one or two wherever we go, did one also in Greymouth but can’t remember what it was called but no matter as you could not compare.

Cheers Carole

• 4 weeks later...

Providing feedback on the Speight's brewery tour we undertook recently. I contacted them by email and phone calls before leaving on our cruise. We booked the 1200 tour and lunch after option.  Thoroughly enjoyed the tour and the delicious lunch. We had the best lemon meringue pie in a long time. It was a 10 minute walk from where the shuttle bus drops you off in Dunedin. Here are some photo's to wet your appetite. Good luck sampling all that they have on offer.😉

20230112_130300.thumb.jpg.0c1fc17b1f96fcba4aa07f5caad079fe.jpg20230112_130233.thumb.jpg.a02bdbc38db04771eb2745be01604b9b.jpg20230112_121803.thumb.jpg.924e53be7c4e34b16724c597b1f6c73c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1