New to Elite status

ourfamilylovescruising

5 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

I have never seen cereal served at the elite breakfast on any Celebrity ship. Perhaps you’re confused with another line, Cublet?

No, I am not confused.

It was  Eclipse out of Southampton from the start. Moreover from where I was usually sat, I could see into the kitchen and the cupboard where the small boxes were stored.

Regards,

Cublet

4 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Do they still server Mimosa's and Bellini's ? 

How about afternoon tea?  We attended a couple of those but have not seen/heard of them outside of the Retreat/Michael's Lounge lately. 

The coffee house breakfast includes mimosas and Bellinis and bloody Mary’s.

The Elite Tea usually takes place once a cruise.  Consult the invitation sheet you will find in your stateroom on boarding.

8 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I've never viewed the elite breakfast as a "breakfast" due to the minimal food offerings, I view it as more a place to go after breakfast for a second cup of coffee

Minimal? Look at the menu (post 7). A very healthy (?) selection: fresh fruit platter, a pile of smoked salmon, a few croissants with great marmalade, a couple of Danish pastries all accompanied by delicious smoothies and washed down with 2 possibly 3 lattes. And for those who like to mix alcohol with breakfast a selection of drinks.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, davekathy said:

Le Grand Bistro. 

Note that the "where" may change.  You will get a Captain's Club flyer which will inform you on both the place and the time.  Our recent cruise it was in Tuscan Grill.  I can't remember if it was also shown on the app.

Sorry - am trying to edit this to reply to original "where" question, but cannot.

Edited by ehall

19 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Minimal? Look at the menu (post 7). A very healthy (?) selection: fresh fruit platter, a pile of smoked salmon, a few croissants with great marmalade, a couple of Danish pastries all accompanied by delicious smoothies and washed down with 2 possibly 3 lattes. And for those who like to mix alcohol with breakfast a selection of drinks.

In the U.S., most of us like a hot breakfast with eggs and bacon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

The Elite Tea usually takes place once a cruise.  Consult the invitation sheet you will find in your stateroom on boarding.

It has been 4 years since I have seen an Elite tea. It was poorly attended back then

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On Apex (12/3 & 12/10 sail dates) the breakfast was held at Le Grand Bistro. The menu was the same as the one @davekathyposted. We found it very enjoyable, though I will admit that we sometimes wandered through the OVC for second breakfast, which included crisp bacon😋 One of the waiters mentioned that the location of the breakfast (Tuscan or Le Grand Bistro) was dependent upon the number of Elite and above people on each cruise. 

Edited by Silkroad

48 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

It has been 4 years since I have seen an Elite tea. It was poorly attended back then

We look forward to the Elite Tea and attend this event.  A lot of tea choices and excellent food selection.  

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

In the U.S., most of us like a hot breakfast with eggs and bacon

So our grandson, who is 100% American (we still think he's English), tells me usually as he fills up with waffles 😂. However on our TA's the breakfast has always been so popular that it regularly spills over into Qsine and a good 80% of the participants are Americans. As always it's all about choice.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, the penguins said:

To me it is not a full breakfast if hot food, e.g. eggs cooked to order, omelets, bacon, sausage, ham, grits, etc. are not offered.    

I’m with DaKahuna. I usually start the morning at Al Bacio for a caramel macchiato, then head off to OVC to put my order in for eggs benedict, then while waiting fill my plate with potatoes, a little corn-beef hash, etc. Then quickly go back to pick up my hot eggs benedict and head straight to the outside back deck to enjoy the fresh air and sea view. Now that’s breakfast. Heaven!!!

The one thing I wish I could find cooked correctly on a cruise ship is grits. Every time I have ordered them they have been served very watery.  Even the ones I tried years ago in the buffet were watery. 

I grew up on eggs over easy / sunny side up, country ham, grits, and butter milk biscuits.  That to me is breakfast.  

Continental breakfast is pastries and fruit.  Not that big a fan of suites.  I can and have gotten by on a toasted sliced bagel with cream cheese or crunchy peanut butter. However, that is still not what I consider a full breakfast.  Meat and eggs are required IMHO. 

12 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Not on our Mediterranean cruise in August 2022, or on our round Britain cruise in August 2021.

I assumed 2021 was COVID related, as sailings had only recently resumed in UK, but not sure the reasoning for its absence in 2022, but as Gold1953 says, it’s 4 years since she had seen it..

I wonder if the wine tasting has taken its place, as we had that on both the above cruises.

0B1443A7-8956-4979-97A7-0BE867384665.thumb.jpeg.9b53bf8a42391429f027c5b16da27631.jpeg

Edited by upwarduk

We especially like the Elite breakfast on spring TAs where we tend to oversleep.  If you are not up for the buffet chaos and it is already late and closer to lunch the Tuscan is a good stop.  It is open later than the MDR, Blu or Luminae sit down breakfasts.  Sometimes on TAs where there are a lot of Elite and above, there will be a cold buffet set up instead of set plates off the menu.  At any rate we enjoy the Coffee house experience on S class (even sometimes after a hot breakfast just for coffee) because of the beautiful ocean view and the chance to connect with other Elites and the Captains Club hostess.

14 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

The breakfast described by @DaKahuna is not the breakfast we have in our American home.  Wonder how typical it is across the US.  But when we attend the "coffeehouse style" Elite and above breakfast we share one of the ultimate platters.  Love them.  

We grew up in UK, (home of the full English breakfast) but now live in Canada.  Eggs and bacon (not crisped dry stuff) are an occasional weekend treat.  Other times we eat moderately, and the Elite breakfast suits us fine.  Once during a cruise we will go to the buffet and have made to order eggs Benedict.  Then we will have a salad for lunch, or skip lunch entirely.

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, SeaDayLvr said:

If I don't have a drink package, do I need to pay for the mimosas and bellinis at the elite breakfast?  

No, those are included free as part of the breakfast service.