The big 3 eliminated turn down service for non-suites, will X follow? If you enjoy it, be sure you mention it on the survey

NutsAboutGolf

CCL paved the way to eliminate turn down after the restart, RCI announced they'll eliminate turn down several weeks ago and it just announced that NCL will eliminate it as well.  Unfortunately, turn down service's days are most likely numbered on X, only question is when they'll eliminate it.  Do you care?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

CCL paved the way to eliminate turn down after the restart, RCI announced they'll eliminate turn down several weeks ago and it just announced that NCL will eliminate it as well.  Unfortunately, turn down service's days are most likely numbered on X, only question is when they'll eliminate it.  Do you care?

No I would not miss turn down service.  I also don't like all the decorative  pillows on the bed. I put them in the overhead cupboards on S class ships but they always re appear. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Mixed emotions.  I like the newsletter, chocolate, and clean towels.  But as long as I can choose when the single daily service is (mornings for me please) and still get my newsletters in the evenings, then I'm content to kiss it goodbye.😘

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

If they have enough takers with GoGreen they wouldn't need to.

https://mc1wmw0-rflh5n8g9pwr89vxd3c4.pub.sfmc-content.com/fs1s5o251sa

Edited by rodndonna
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I thought RCL was changing to once-a-day cabin service model and you could still choose to have evening service.    In some ways I might prefer that model, especially on sea days.

Fair point yet I do not specifically know if there's a difference between "early" service or "late" service.  Reportedly on RCL, attendants are going from 15 rooms twice a day to 25 rooms once a day.  Therefore it would appear you might even get your preferred time

Just now, rodndonna said:

If they have enough takers with GoGreen they wouldn't need to.

GoGreen is grossly misunderstood, assuming the ship and the attendants follow the GoGreen protocol, turn down service is almost the same, they just skip vacuuming and skip cleaning the bath/shower.  They still will replace your towels on the floor with clean ones

• Like 6

1 minute ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

GoGreen is grossly misunderstood, assuming the ship and the attendants follow the GoGreen protocol, turn down service is almost the same, they just skip vacuuming and skip cleaning the bath/shower.  They still will replace your towels on the floor with clean ones

That was actually a bug bear of mine the other month. I hate wastage and made an effort to hang all my towels up so the room attendant wouldn't replace them, as the sign in the bathroom said. Yet every day I'd have a new set of towels. One doesn't need a new towel after using it once, there's just no need. However, I kept forgetting to mention it to the room attendant and wouldn't remember again until stepping out of the shower and thinking darn, new towels again! Lol

• Like 9

You would have to imagine if they go to once a day service, assuming they’re still giving out chocolates and daily printouts they would leave them in the room regardless the time of day.  Perhaps the only difference between early and late service would be whether the curtains are opened or closed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

CCL paved the way to eliminate turn down after the restart

CCL actually switched to once a day service in 2017.  In the early years of that change, you could request twice a day and most stewards would honor that request but by 2019, that option wasn’t even there anymore. 

• Like 1

Just now, prmssk said:

CCL actually switched to once a day service in 2017.  In the early years of that change, you could request twice a day and most stewards would honor that request but by 2019, that option wasn’t even there anymore. 

Thanks.  Pre-pandemic my last CCL sailing was 2018 and they cleaned my balcony room twice a day without me asking

2 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Thanks.  Pre-pandemic my last CCL sailing was 2018 and they cleaned my balcony room twice a day without me asking

It must not have been consistent early on. I remember the conversation that first day of our December 2017 Carnival cruise as I was a bit taken aback I was being asked to choose. We were also in a balcony room. 

55 minutes ago, OysterD said:

That was actually a bug bear of mine the other month. I hate wastage and made an effort to hang all my towels up so the room attendant wouldn't replace them, as the sign in the bathroom said. Yet every day I'd have a new set of towels. One doesn't need a new towel after using it once, there's just no need. However, I kept forgetting to mention it to the room attendant and wouldn't remember again until stepping out of the shower and thinking darn, new towels again! Lol

At home I never use a fresh towel each time I shower however my towel is dry before I need it again which doesn’t happen on the ship, the ventilation in the bathrooms just isn’t enough. I don’t like using a damp towel to try to dry off with so I def would like fresh towels everyday. And while I do like returning to the cabin and it’s been turned down I suppose I could do without so long as there’s still the daily and the chocolate…it’s the small details that keep us returning to Celebity. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Anybody care about all the jobs that will be lost, fleet wide? The workload has been reduced dramatically so there is no way they wouldn’t eliminate jobs accordingly. Maybe they’ll adjust the fares to pass on some of the savings to the customer. Besides the tips there are wages, room and board, and transportation to and from the ship to be considered. The fares will be adjusted right after they cut the drink prices.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Mixed emotions.  I like the newsletter, chocolate, and clean towels.  But as long as I can choose when the single daily service is (mornings for me please) and still get my newsletters in the evenings, then I'm content to kiss it goodbye.😘

I like the newsletters at night also clean towels. Chocolates are thrown out. 

• Like 1

The cruise lines are becoming like the airlines.   Air travel use to be luxurious and now it is bare bones public transportation like riding a city bus or subway.  

It use to be luxurious to cruise, now they are like  the airlines that keeps nibbling away.  

I would not be surprise that they will start charging for luggage and have a weight restriction 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, miched said:

The cruise lines are becoming like the airlines.   Air travel use to be luxurious and now it is bare bones public transportation like riding a city bus or subway.  

It use to be luxurious to cruise, now they are like  the airlines that keeps nibbling away.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

There are still luxury cruise lines

• Thanks 1