Bathing Suit in the Buffet?

holech

4 minutes ago, holech said:

If I’m in a dry bathing suit, can I go eat at the buffet for lunch or do I have to change into shorts or pants?

Only if you have a suitable cover up.  T-shirt for a man.  Some sort of dress or shorts/top cover up for a woman.  I always have a dress or caftan cover up to walk from my stateroom to pools, spa, Pool Grill, World Cafe etc.  Stateroom robes are not acceptable.

• Like 7

From the Dress Code section of FAQ’s:

During the day, dress is casual including shorts (if the season is warm), slacks or jeans and comfortable shoes for walking tours. Swimsuits, brief shorts, cover-ups and exercise attire should be reserved for the Fitness Center, pool areas and Sports Deck. There are no “formal nights” in the evening; evening dress is “elegant casual” for all dining venues, performances and special events. On these occasions, required attire for ladies includes a dress, skirt or slacks with a sweater or blouse; for gentlemen, trousers and a collared shirt. A tie and jacket are optional; jeans are not permitted. The evening dress excludes World Café where the dress remains casual after 6:00 PM. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TayanaLorna said:

Only if you have a suitable cover up.  T-shirt for a man.  Some sort of dress or shorts/top cover up for a woman.  I always have a dress or caftan cover up to walk from my stateroom to pools, spa, Pool Grill, World Cafe etc.  Stateroom robes are not acceptable.

I always wear my stateroom robe to and from the SPA and I think I have seen MANY others doing this as well.

A cover up for the WC is appropriate.  I am not offended if there is someone in a bathing suit at the pool grill as long as they don't sit on chair cushion in a wet suit!!!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, deec said:

I always wear my stateroom robe to and from the SPA and I think I have seen MANY others doing this as well.

A cover up for the WC is appropriate.  I am not offended if there is someone in a bathing suit at the pool grill as long as they don't sit on chair cushion in a wet suit!!!

Me too re going to and from spa in robe.  Meant to put that in.  

1 hour ago, holech said:

If I’m in a dry bathing suit, can I go eat at the buffet for lunch or do I have to change into shorts or pants?

No you can't. Get dressed. Any cover garment other than a robe (which are only suitable in the spa or your room) is OK. 

• Like 1

I just did a live chat online with Viking ( which I should have done earlier).

After reading me the website info as Cilcianrqts has written above, I asked a second time …Bathing Suit. He answered they prefer shorts/jeans/pants, even in World Cafe. Bathing suits are for pool area, spa and gym. 
Since we mostly have morning excursions, no bathing until after lunch.

I get it. Not a problem. I’ll see what others do.

Happy New Year everyone.😊

• Haha 1

If I’m wearing a sundress as a cover up and you 

5 hours ago, holech said:

After reading me the website info as Cilcianrqts has written above, I asked a second time …Bathing Suit. He answered they prefer shorts/jeans/pants, even in World Cafe. Bathing suits are for pool area, spa and gym. 

why don’t you throw on a sundress over your suit?  No one will even know you have your bathing suit on

• Like 2

8 hours ago, holech said:

Maybe it’s different for the Caribbean or for men. There were many people (including me) who went from their pool chair to the cafe on sea days. I just threw a T shirt on and my flip flops, along with many others and no one even took a second look. It’s very casual for lunch. 

Of course I never worry about what others are wearing as it has no bearing on my cruise. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WNcruiser said:

Maybe it’s different for the Caribbean or for men. There were many people (including me) who went from their pool chair to the cafe on sea days. I just threw a T shirt on and my flip flops, along with many others and no one even took a second look. It’s very casual for lunch. 

Of course I never worry about what others are wearing as it has no bearing on my cruise. 

If wearing loose shorts type swim gear is OK, they look like ordinary shorts. If budgie smugglers not OK. 

Wearing appropriate clothing for the circumstances is good manners. Bad mannered people nearby make anything less enjoyable

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Love "budgie snugglers"..    Hey,, Clay, I will wear my budgie snugglers if you wear yours.....😱

And despite moderator intervention on Clay's reply, I still can't "unsee" it. Maybe with time and alcohol 😎 ... 🍺🥌

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Robes should be worn in your cabin.  For spa services, robes will be provided in the spa.  Don’t wear them outside the spa.  

Most people wear robes over their bathing suits en route to the pool. I don’t recall seeing any changing rooms nearby. Can’t see anything wrong with doing the same for the spa. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, CurlerRob said:

And despite moderator intervention on Clay's reply, I still can't "unsee" it. Maybe with time and alcohol 😎 ... 🍺🥌

At least I didn’t get a demerit on my permanent record.  Not sure why it was removed other than as you say, once seen it can’t be unseen!

• Like 3

Many of us on a cruise are of the age that we just do not look good in a swim suit.  Include me and my wife in that group.  You can't help how you look in a swim suit when you are at the pool but please spare us when you are in the buffet.

DON

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, PasadenaDave said:

And to think that the spouse of a hard working doctor was upset that he couldn’t wear jeans in the dining room!  What is the world coming to?

I remember that thread! It was a classic!! 😁👍

• Like 1