New $9.95 + 18% grat for room service

Elros

LOL--- 19 pages and still going strong--

( I know, I know--- so don't read it if---- blah, blah , blah) 

WHY ? All over a lousy $ 9.95 charge to deliver $ 200 worth of food to your cabin, oops, suite!!

$ 200 ??  Of course, because the " cheapskates " that will " buckle " and spend the $9.95 will make sure to get their $$$$$ worth.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, chamima said:

Just had a thought -?with the cutbacks in the OVC.  -  if I get an urge for potato chips at , say,  5pm, will it cost me almost $12 because the only place I can get them is room segyxecb

I think you've got it!

On 1/17/2023 at 10:07 AM, Pinboy said:

LOL--- 19 pages and still going strong--

( I know, I know--- so don't read it if---- blah, blah , blah) 

WHY ? All over a lousy $ 9.95 charge to deliver $ 200 worth of food to your cabin, oops, suite!!

$ 200 ??  Of course, because the " cheapskates " that will " buckle " and spend the $9.95 will make sure to get their $$$$$ worth.

My $5,000 vacation is ruined because I can't have something delivered for $12.

• Haha 1

To those of you basically saying folks are over reacting, one question:  do you really think it will stop here?  Or are there another ‘thousand cuts’ that will happen if we just accept this without complaining and/or letting them know and/or making other choices for our vacation?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Joebucks said:

My $5,000 vacation is ruined because I can't have something delivered for $12.

If we ever meet, you can charge 4, —,oops, 2 room service charges to our account.

4 ? Nope. Pinboy isn’t that generous and besides it’s $US —

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2023 at 7:11 PM, BlerkOne said:

I can't see solo cruisers ordering room service.

I'm curious- why not?

I've never cruised solo but if I did I could certainly see myself ordering room service... perhaps even more likely than if I'm just traveling with one other person. If two (or more) of us, the work of getting dressed for dinner sounds fine and maybe enjoyable, but I could imagine that as a solo cruiser maybe some nights it'd just be nice to enjoy some salmon and a piece of cake in my PJs while reading...

once they took away the  regular balc tables,  room service became a discouraging event..who wants to use  their bed as a table or balance food on their lap??

Charging for the so called privilege plus adding on an inflated tip  is even more ridiculous!

folks  can go down to the buffet in a robe and  flip flops and grab some food to bring back.(pack a small tray.).

At least it will be warm and what you want..   But pls be cautious with hot coffee in the elevators.!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hcat said:

Charging for the so called privilege plus adding on an inflated tip  is even more ridiculous!

folks  can go down to the buffet in a robe and  flip flops and grab some food to bring back.(pack a small tray.).

At least it will be warm and what you want..   But pls be cautious with hot coffee in the elevators.!

You can do this for breakfast and lunch, but for dinner the OVC is pretty baaaaaaddd.

2 hours ago, the_dylaness said:

I'm curious- why not?

I've never cruised solo but if I did I could certainly see myself ordering room service... perhaps even more likely than if I'm just traveling with one other person. If two (or more) of us, the work of getting dressed for dinner sounds fine and maybe enjoyable, but I could imagine that as a solo cruiser maybe some nights it'd just be nice to enjoy some salmon and a piece of cake in my PJs while reading...

If a couple, the $5pp cost seems more reasonable. I don't recall seeing salmon on the standard rs menu, but I also didn't look at it that close.

To compare, when I last cruised on Princess, one could order drinks against the drink package, and some dishes from a specialty restaurant (extra charge), which is more palatable to me. All using the remote control from the TV. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

If a couple, the $5pp cost seems more reasonable. I don't recall seeing salmon on the standard rs menu, but I also didn't look at it that close.

To compare, when I last cruised on Princess, one could order drinks against the drink package, and some dishes from a specialty restaurant (extra charge), which is more palatable to me. All using the remote control from the TV. 

Yep.  The room service menu on Celebrity is less appealing by a long shot.  Is any at X listening?

I would order from a specialty menu if it was allowed.

6 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Yep.  The room service menu on Celebrity is less appealing by a long shot.  Is any at X listening?

I would order from a specialty menu if it was allowed.

Some of the reports of improved dinner options in the OVC indicate Celebrity is listening to some complaints about the reduced service.  I suspect it is from people who have recently cruised and provided feedback directly to Celebrity rather than from any of the posts here.  If Celebrity were reviewing the vast majority of posts here, it could easily conclude that there is huge core of Celebrity supporters who will accept any, or almost any, reduction in service and who will also attack those who dare voice complaints about those reductions.  

Edited by randomcruise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

for dinner the OVC is pretty baaaaaaddd.

Two quick notes:

1) I was recently on the Summit and dined at the OVC every day for dinner. The selection was good (few closed stations) and the food was of high quality. In other words, it was more or less back to where it was last year. I approved of this development. 👍

2) They were definitely charging the RS fee on all deliveries that weren't in the classes mentioned. I didn't partake on my latest trip.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Two quick notes:

1) I was recently on the Summit and dined at the OVC every day for dinner. The selection was good (few closed stations) and the food was of high quality. In other words, it was more or less back to where it was last year. I approved of this development. 👍

2) They were definitely charging the RS fee on all deliveries that weren't in the classes mentioned. I didn't partake on my latest trip.

I got off the Apex about a week ago. We chose to eat at OVC two nights because of timing/energy level after a long day in port, etc.  3/4 of the stations were closed. Selection was very limited. It got the job done in a fraction of the time it would have taken to get ready for and dine in the MDR (which holds value for me), but we didn’t come away from those 2 meals feeling like we had a good meal.  I am not a “foodie” and value my time. I don't always want to spend 2 hours per night of my vacation having a dining experience. I’d rather spend it at a show or relaxing up on deck. We didn’t have good options to do that on the Apex 2/18 sailing. Breakfast and lunch at the OVC were great. I noted all of this on the post cruise survey. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, SmokeyRosey said:

I got off the Apex about a week ago. We chose to eat at OVC two nights because of timing/energy level after a long day in port, etc.  3/4 of the stations were closed. Selection was very limited. It got the job done in a fraction of the time it would have taken to get ready for and dine in the MDR (which holds value for me), but we didn’t come away from those 2 meals feeling like we had a good meal.  I am not a “foodie” and value my time. I don't always want to spend 2 hours per night of my vacation having a dining experience. I’d rather spend it at a show or relaxing up on deck. We didn’t have good options to do that on the Apex 2/18 sailing. Breakfast and lunch at the OVC were great. I noted all of this on the post cruise survey. 

Very sorry to hear that Celebrity continues to fall short on the Apex. 

1 hour ago, randomcruise said:

Some of the reports of improved dinner options in the OVC indicate Celebrity is listening to some complaints about the reduced service.  I suspect it is from people who have recently cruised and provided feedback directly to Celebrity rather than from any of the posts here.  If Celebrity were reviewing the vast majority of posts here, it could easily conclude that there is huge core of Celebrity supporters who will accept any, or almost any, reduction in service and who will also attack those who dare voice complaints about those reductions.  

We cruised recently and sent an email about our concerns to LLP. We received a call from her office in response.  The rep listened politely and thanked us for our imput. Frankly it seemed somewhat condescending but at least we were heard. I'd not rely on sending our feedback only through Cruise Critic to get our message where it needs to go. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, randomcruise said:

Very sorry to hear that Celebrity continues to fall short on the Apex. 

The OVC at dinner has greatly improved on APEX according to this recent thread.  see the video.

• Like 2