New MDR menus yet?

23 minutes ago, island lady said:

Leaving for the port in a couple of hours to board Jewel in PC.  Will be interesting to see if anything has changed.  

I have a boarding time of 1pm for Mariner. Not sure if I want to leave early to deal with whatever they have decided to do with parking, since Mariner leaves terminal 5 tonight, and probably returns to terminal 1 on Monday. Im sure we are parking T5 and shuttling back over from T1 on Monday. UGH.

48 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

I have a boarding time of 1pm for Mariner. Not sure if I want to leave early to deal with whatever they have decided to do with parking, since Mariner leaves terminal 5 tonight, and probably returns to terminal 1 on Monday. Im sure we are parking T5 and shuttling back over from T1 on Monday. UGH.

We will be right next door on Jewel at T6.   Apparently RCI is "renting" that space from Carnival due to having an unusual 3 RCI ships in port today.  We are B2B coming back for TAD to T5, then again off the second leg to T5.  

At least we are withing walking distance of both terminals.  

But does make me wonder where they will park those of us on Jewel...assuming T6 then have to walk over from T5 when we come back in.  At least indeed.....better than that shuttling over.  😮 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jencruzin said:

Apparently there are SIX different MDR menus. The others represent French, Italian, American, Caribbean, Mexican, nights. This is the 6th one, perhaps?

Capture.JPG

Thank you for posting this new menu. Unfortunately it just confirms the rumours I've been hearing about Royal lately. I hear that some big cruise line corporation just ordered hundreds of thousands of plant based biodegradable cutlery sets that can handle foods like cod, turkey, pasta, stuffed peppers and chicken. Don't worry about any waist, as I hear we'll be getting one set of cutlery at check-in which will last the entire cruise. Newly designed lanyards that can fit cutlery sets will available on board for the low, low price of $59.95. (Psst. The extra time the room stewards will need to wash our cutlery is the real reason the cruise line is moving to once per day cabin service. 😉)

And that * beside the New York Strip is for the new $19.95 plus 18% gratuity for a 2 hour rental of a steak knife. Eat fast everybody! 😁

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Was Ben and Jerry's been informed of this?   Does Haagen-Dazs know? 

Personally, I am much more of a gelato fan. 

Ben and Jerry's does their best.   They are a close second.   Haagan-Dazs is very creamy but lacking in flavor.   Tillamook is somehow too sweet, although their cheese is amazing.  I feel genuine sympathy for those who don't have access to Blue Bell.  

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

Ben and Jerry's does their best.   They are a close second.   Haagan-Dazs is very creamy but lacking in flavor.   Tillamook is somehow too sweet, although their cheese is amazing.  I feel genuine sympathy for those who don't have access to Blue Bell.  

We have access to straight from the dairy farm ice cream.  Everything else pales in comparison.  I have not purchased ice cream from a grocery store in years,

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DirtyDawg said:

Thank you for posting this new menu. Unfortunately it just confirms the rumours I've been hearing about Royal lately. I hear that some big cruise line corporation just ordered hundreds of thousands of plant based biodegradable cutlery sets that can handle foods like cod, turkey, pasta, stuffed peppers and chicken. Don't worry about any waist, as I hear we'll be getting one set of cutlery at check-in which will last the entire cruise. Newly designed lanyards that can fit cutlery sets will available on board for the low, low price of $59.95. (Psst. The extra time the room stewards will need to wash our cutlery is the real reason the cruise line is moving to once per day cabin service. 😉)

And that * beside the New York Strip is for the new $19.95 plus 18% gratuity for a 2 hour rental of a steak knife. Eat fast everybody! 😁

Thanks, that about sums it up.  Next?  Well, I think pool towels will be put up for rental but you won't be able to sit around the pool or utilize the pool unless you rent the towel(s), $15.95 an hour for a minimum of 3 hours.  Soft serve ice cream will continue to be free/included but a $5.99 charge for a cone or biodegradable bowl will be charged (cutlery already discussed above, post #203).  All food in the included venues will remain free/included however all plates and glasses (cutlery as stated in post #203) will have to be carried by the user to the washy washy washy area and washed by the user, and returned to the table for the next user, optional pay for service available. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Thanks, that about sums it up.  Next?  Well, I think pool towels will be put up for rental but you won't be able to sit around the pool or utilize the pool unless you rent the towel(s), $15.95 an hour for a minimum of 3 hours.  Soft serve ice cream will continue to be free/included but a $5.99 charge for a cone or biodegradable bowl will be charged (cutlery already discussed above, post #203).  All food in the included venues will remain free/included however all plates and glasses (cutlery as stated in post #203) will have to be carried by the user to the washy washy washy area and washed by the user, and returned to the table for the next user, optional pay for service available. 

Royal just pick the name for it's newest build. IHOP of the Seas! 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

We will be right next door on Jewel at T6.   Apparently RCI is "renting" that space from Carnival due to having an unusual 3 RCI ships in port today.  We are B2B coming back for TAD to T5, then again off the second leg to T5.  

At least we are withing walking distance of both terminals.  

But does make me wonder where they will park those of us on Jewel...assuming T6 then have to walk over from T5 when we come back in.  At least indeed.....better than that shuttling over.  😮 

For our Jewel b2b in Nov, the garage at T5 was full from Mariner (more cars than expected) so we parked outside the garage, around a fenced in employee area that they were using for guests.  They also were directing cars over towards the T6 area after where we parked was full (by 1145) so they must have been using whatever they had over there.  When we returned the first week and after the second week, there was plenty of parking in the garage.  PC could use a couple more parking garages just for the overflow that seems to happen regularly.  In Nov 2021, we were on HOTS at T1 for a b2b and were parked outside the garage before 11am because the garage was full.  Next time we're in PC (2024) we are considering parking offsite so we don't have to deal with this.  As it was, our car was parked outside not far from the seawall when Hurricane Nicole hit.  Fortunately, no damage at the port, but still...

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BND said:

For our Jewel b2b in Nov, the garage at T5 was full from Mariner (more cars than expected) so we parked outside the garage, around a fenced in employee area that they were using for guests.  They also were directing cars over towards the T6 area after where we parked was full (by 1145) so they must have been using whatever they had over there.  When we returned the first week and after the second week, there was plenty of parking in the garage.  PC could use a couple more parking garages just for the overflow that seems to happen regularly.  In Nov 2021, we were on HOTS at T1 for a b2b and were parked outside the garage before 11am because the garage was full.  Next time we're in PC (2024) we are considering parking offsite so we don't have to deal with this.  As it was, our car was parked outside not far from the seawall when Hurricane Nicole hit.  Fortunately, no damage at the port, but still...

Total confusion at the port for parking and luggage drop off.   They ended up sending us to T5 (since we are coming back to that terminal).   

Menu was the same as usual for dinner tonight....though quite a bit smaller portions.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Please guide me thru the APP.

open the app and click on the calendar icon at the top, middle of the screen.  Then at the bottom, go to 'change ship/dates'. Then scroll to where you can click on 'browse our ships'.  You can then choose Symphony and just pick a sailing that is coming up in the next week or so.  

Edited by rockmom

2 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Please guide me thru the APP.

Choose the day tab at the top of the main screen on your sailing - the bottom of that click on the link for "Change Ship/Dates", then at the next screen click on "Browse our ships", pick Symphony and then the current sailing (12/31-1/7).

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Total confusion at the port for parking and luggage drop off.   They ended up sending us to T5 (since we are coming back to that terminal).   

Menu was the same as usual for dinner tonight....though quite a bit smaller portions.  

Because it appears that you are onboard a RCCL ship right now :classic_biggrin: and you are a fan of wine, I'd like for you to check something for me (my wife, actually), please.  My wife is not a big alcohol drinker.  However, my oldest daughter introduced her to Stella Rosa wines, I think she just woke a sleeping monster, LOL.  My wife really like the fruit flavored wines like the Watermelon, Mango, and especially Blueberry, et al.  So, please let me know if RCCL carries it and if they carry it regularly.  I just want the boring Burgundy, dry, and room temp wine.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Because it appears that you are onboard a RCCL ship right now :classic_biggrin: and you are a fan of wine, I'd like for you to check something for me (my wife, actually), please.  My wife is not a big alcohol drinker.  However, my oldest daughter introduced her to Stella Rosa wines, I think she just woke a sleeping monster, LOL.  My wife really like the fruit flavored wines like the Watermelon, Mango, and especially Blueberry, et al.  So, please let me know if RCCL carries it and if they carry it regularly.  I just want the boring Burgundy, dry, and room temp wine.  

Most definitely have not seen that on any ship.   Sorry.   Tough enough it seems for them to keep many of the normally listed wines in stock.  

At least they sent the correct wines from my profile to our cabin upon embarkation...I was totally shocked!   

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Choose the day tab at the top of the main screen on your sailing - the bottom of that click on the link for "Change Ship/Dates", then at the next screen click on "Browse our ships", pick Symphony and then the current sailing (12/31-1/7).

Thanks, lesson learned.  However, not sure if doing it right as I chose Jan.14 sail and I only get is the kid's menu 🤣and followed by a ton of wines.  Looked at the subsequent week's sail and same kid's menu for all of the 7 nights.

Will try again tomorrow hopefully with better luck.

1 minute ago, nelblu said:

Thanks, lesson learned.  However, not sure if doing it right as I chose Jan.14 sail and I only get is the kid's menu 🤣and followed by a ton of wines.  Looked at the subsequent week's sail and same kid's menu for all of the 7 nights.

Will try again tomorrow hopefully with better luck.

You have to select the current sailing.  No other sailing will show the new menus.