Just off Noordam this week - first time HAL cruiser - NZ 17Dec to 2Jan

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

Get a premier package so you can have unlimited sugar-loaded desserts on top of your alcohol poisoning, then roll off the ship to visit Dr Jenny Craig.

I have double Creme Brulees every night with a side serve of icecream, good sugar fix Geoffrey.

404191608_FrenchVanillaCremeBruleeaboardCaribbeanPrincessIslandsDiningRoom.jpg.5056c11547d518477990dcc5d9c86660.jpg

HAL also has some cheap deals at the moment $999 pp  

Sydney to Auckland
 Saturday 14th January 2023
Departing Sydney  
 13 Nights
 ms Noordam
 Discounted Fares Twin From $999 pp

Auckland to Sydney
 Friday 27th January 2023
Departing Auckland  
 15 Nights
 ms Noordam
 Discounted Fares
 Twin From $999 pp

You could do back to back.
  • Like 1

Just now, icat2000 said:

HAL also has some cheap deals at the moment $999 pp  

Sydney to Auckland
 Saturday 14th January 2023
Departing Sydney  
 13 Nights
 ms Noordam
 Discounted Fares Twin From $999 pp

Auckland to Sydney
 Friday 27th January 2023
Departing Auckland  
 15 Nights
 ms Noordam
 Discounted Fares
 Twin From $999 pp

You could do back to back.

Cheap as Chips, did Noordam in mid 2019 - Sydney to Honolulu. Good cruise and I liked the ship, Vista Class ships I like.  

3 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

78 days was in reference to the cruise they did to South America from Sydney only.

Yeah, Indian Ocean Circle. It has been a while since they have done that, and overdue for another shot. They did a few Pacific Circles, so those must have been a bit easier to sell.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2023 at 9:45 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

But if they are going to serve espresso- based coffees on an Aus/NZ cruise they really need to ensure they have an experienced barista!!!!! 🤬

You are 100% on the money 🙂  I've yet to find a good (not great, just good) one on a cruise ship yet.

8 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I have double Creme Brulees every night with a side serve of icecream, good sugar fix Geoffrey.

404191608_FrenchVanillaCremeBruleeaboardCaribbeanPrincessIslandsDiningRoom.jpg.5056c11547d518477990dcc5d9c86660.jpg

Have your brulee's each night, and add a couple of these each day on the pool deck 😲

yuk.jpg.65236d8a4af3b81ceaca2616e2ef40e5.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Great route to fly avoiding LAX.  Hawaiian people make long distant stopovers more enjoyable.  We did that once en route to Hawaii (Big island), as it was less expensive.  At one stage, I looked at flying to Alaska via Hawaii.  I learnt to make the flights part of the holiday,  When I used to fly with Air NZ, we stopped at all the South Pacific islands on their routes to USA/UK.   

And bonus for when we went  through last year it was the most relaxed and easiest entry into the USA we've ever had. Short queue, really pleasant staff - it was night and day compared to LAX 

3 hours ago, icat2000 said:

WC is something I've looked at but I still can't pull trigger.  I would love to see another Cruise to South America that stated ended in OZ same to Africa.

We'd also love to do a full Circle Pacific

I've heard a rumour there could be one in 2015. It would have to be on a different ship to Coral unless they cancel the regular long cruises. I think it used to be a 75 night cruise.

2 hours ago, Wombat706 said:

You are 100% on the money 🙂  I've yet to find a good (not great, just good) one on a cruise ship yet.

Aljay in the Good Spirits bar on Coral Princess was an excellent barista.

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I've heard a rumour there could be one in 2015. It would have to be on a different ship to Coral unless they cancel the regular long cruises. I think it used to be a 75 night cruise.

Carnival's Luminosa is returned to Australia from Alaska via Japan, which will be an interesting change from the South Pacific.. 

I'd like to do a Circle Indian Ocean on an affordable ship.  

19 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We did the inaugural one of 76 nights going the the opp direction of how it is now done  It was fantastic  everything was unforgettable and we have friends from  our large table we still meet regularly although it is a 250km round trip to do so

1 hour ago, windsor26 said:

We did the inaugural one of 76 nights going the the opp direction of how it is now done  It was fantastic  everything was unforgettable and we have friends from  our large table we still meet regularly although it is a 250km round trip to do so

I think it is wonderful that you made friends on a Circle Pacific cruise who you still meet regularly even though it is 250 km round trip to do so. 

My family members stay with my two American friends, who I met through travel.  

13 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I think it is wonderful that you made friends on a Circle Pacific cruise who you still meet regularly even though it is 250 km round trip to do so. 

My family members stay with my two American friends, who I met through travel.  

We were a table of 10 in 2008 and sadly although for several years we also met up with the others they had passed now  Just we 4 left.   From other cruise tables (or trivia teams) we have made firm friends from loads of countries who we meet and stay with and visa versa - must be some 40 couples by now   A great way to make lifelong friends - even if - at our age we get depleted every now and again

18 hours ago, NSWP said:

I would have to sign myself into rehab for alcohol poisoning on return, but then again I could go see Dr Bob and Bill W daily.

Hahaha, it took me a while to work out why those passengers had their get togethers listed in the Patter 😄 Ditto for friends of Dorothy 🤣

• Haha 2