The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday January 11th, 2023

rafinmd

Jacqui @kazu, so glad you are home safe and sound. Rest up and take it easy. The tales your wandering bag could tell!

Thank you to Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser, Sandi @StLouisCruisers, Graham @grapau27, Vanessa @JazzyV, Annie @marshhawk for their good wishes for Blue yesterday. 

8 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

I am glad Blue seems to feel better today.He has been through a lot.

Thank you Terry.  He doesn’t quite understand why his dry food is soaked and soft and that his treats are soft. 

7 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@kazu

DH and I are both feeling Blue's pain @Sharon in AZ.  DH had most of his teeth pulled upper left when he was in the middle of chemo, and before radiation.  He was told that was the best way for him, as the chemo along with the cancer was eating away at the teeth and gums.  I wonder if there are puppy popsicles that would help with the pain today.

@grapau27Sarah is in my prayers today, and you and Pauline too.  It is hard to be the patient, and hard to be patient when the patient is in pain.  Hope you hear a resolution soon.

Thank you Annie. I’m sure having the teeth removed like your DH had done was much more difficult. 

6 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good afternoon.  Our skies have turned cloudy and the wind has picked up, but it is 82F outside.  When I finish this, I think I'll take advantage of the warm weather and sit outside with my book for a while.

@cat shepard  Ann, I'm glad Bindi is feeling good again.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, our condolences to the family of the Police Chief, his police force and all who knew him.   

@kazu  Jacqui, that is great news you made it home even if your suitcase didn't.  Have you thought about replacing the suitcase with one that does not have a case of wanderlust?  😉

@Sharon in AZ  Sharon, I'm glad Blue is feeling better today.

@Cruising-along  Carolyn, what a day for your non-traveling DSIL to be flying.  I hope things go smoothly now, and she makes it home safely.

I hope Kathi @Scrapnana and her daughter do not have any problems with their flight, and she makes it home safely today.

Thank you all who posted their pictures today.

Lenda

Thank you Lenda. 

5 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

Sharon, DD's pommie lost most of his teeth, too.  I hear it's a problem with some of these breeds.  She fed Tails that freeze-dried soft food, and I'm wondering if I should be giving Pocket just hard food to save his teeth.  (I mix hard and soft right now.)  I do give him a Greenie thing once a day, but I'm wondering if I should just switch to all  kibble.  Tooth brushing has been pretty much a bust. Hard to be thorough.

Any thoughts on diet or other tips your vet might have shared?  Mine just says brush his teeth.  🤷‍♀️

(If anyone else has ideas, please share!)

Maxine, I actually asked our vet if I should switch to wet food and she said no. But I do think I might continue with half his food being soft. He has to have soft food for two weeks. I just soak the dry food with a bit of water for about 10 minutes. They did tell me (this was a few months ago) to get rid of all the hard toys and chew sticks. So now the hardest thing we give him is a piece of chicken strip that we get from Trader Joe’s. Maybe I should stop that too. I have never been able to brush his teeth so I make sure he has his dental scaling done every 3 - 4 months. After paying yesterday’s vet bill, Craig said children and pets are expensive. 😉

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for your concern.

Sarah has Epilepsy and already has a fracture in her spine  caused by a fall during a fit.

Graham.

Graham, I am so sorry Sarah is going through this. Our DD had epilepsy as a child/adolescent and it was really stressful and difficult. Thankfully she outgrew it but she was on medication for quite a while. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I am now becoming an expert in eye drops.  DH tilts back, I put in the drops.  Two different types, at least 4 times a day.  And they can(it says) make his vision blurry.  He was already seeing fuzzy, now he sees fuzzy and blurry.  Maybe this way I can actually look better to him?  Or perhaps I appear as a giant fuzzy monster.  I'll just blend in with the cats.

My boss reminded me that I start with the OTHER boss next week.  I told him, that I had worked a schedule that would let me work all of his hours, but one.  Unless he wanted to let me go, and then I could work for just one boss, for less hours, when I need more hours.  He said he was not letting me go.  EVER.  

My previous boss sent me a text that she wants to be working with me again soon.  That they want me back on Arizona Opera.  That would have to wait until the end of May.  Oh, I love being in demand.  And tonight, I got a pledge for ...wait for it...a thousand dollars.  My boss asked why I didn't get it on a credit card, and I told him, because once she talked it over with her husband, they may make it more.😁

• Like 12

8 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Graham I'm sorry I'm late but want to tell you Sarah has been in our prayers. Are her parents deceased? You and Pauline are so precious and kind to Sarah one would believe her to be your child. God's Blessings. Joy

Thank you Joy.

Sarah's parents live next door to us.

We have 2 detached houses and still live next door to them for over 40 years.

Sarah is 42 now and does the same civil service job as Pauline.

When Sarah was a child she was in our house for hours every day.

When Pauline and her sisters mam's dementia got bad 7 years ago her sister walked away and never saw her mam for the last 4 years of her life leaving Pauline,her brother and me to care exclusively for her mam.

They have wanted nothing to do with any of us a year after I had paid for a 30 day luxury cruise and stay around Australia and New Zealand for them including their spending money 8 years ago.

It is very sad but unfortunately not all of us are nice people.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

5 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Jacqui @kazu, so glad you are home safe and sound. Rest up and take it easy. The tales your wandering bag could tell!

Thank you to Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser, Sandi @StLouisCruisers, Graham @grapau27, Vanessa @JazzyV, Annie @marshhawk for their good wishes for Blue yesterday. 

Thank you Terry.  He doesn’t quite understand why his dry food is soaked and soft and that his treats are soft. 

Thank you Annie. I’m sure having the teeth removed like your DH had done was much more difficult. 

Thank you Lenda. 

Maxine, I actually asked our vet if I should switch to wet food and she said no. But I do think I might continue with half his food being soft. He has to have soft food for two weeks. I just soak the dry food with a bit of water for about 10 minutes. They did tell me (this was a few months ago) to get rid of all the hard toys and chew sticks. So now the hardest thing we give him is a piece of chicken strip that we get from Trader Joe’s. Maybe I should stop that too. I have never been able to brush his teeth so I make sure he has his dental scaling done every 3 - 4 months. After paying yesterday’s vet bill, Craig said children and pets are expensive. 😉

Graham, I am so sorry Sarah is going through this. Our DD had epilepsy as a child/adolescent and it was really stressful and difficult. Thankfully she outgrew it but she was on medication for quite a while. 

Thank you Sharon.

I'm so pleased your dear daughter outgrew her epilepsy.

Sarah's epilepsy didn't start until her early 20s and she has had brain scans and increases in her medication.

After her MRI yesterday Sarah and Pauline sat in ER for several hours as the hospital wanted a spinal consultants opinion but that would have meant sitting for another 12 hours before he came back on duty.

Sarah was desperate for sleep and it is lack of sleep which triggers her fits so we took her home late last night so she could sleep and she is in touch now with the hospital to see if they want her to come back for an operation and we are ready to go and take her there.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

8 hours ago, srdancer said:

@grapau27 I hope your Sarah is treated successfully and the pain meds help. The 3 of you are so lucky to have each other.

@kazu  I’m glad to made it home and wish you a quick and pain free recovery. I also think you need a new suitcase.

Hope @Scrapnanais able to get home easily and get good treatment

Prayers for all Dailyites and their friends and family with medical or other issues

Joy to those with something to celebrate.

Sandy

Thank you so much for your kind words Sandy.

Graham.

• Like 3