The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday January 11th, 2023

rafinmd

We have been to Grand Turk a few times. It is an OK stop, but not particularly exciting. We did the Bajari Beach Club excursion on our first visit in 2015. It was OK but we probably won't do it again. 

DSC_0339.thumb.JPG.b9a53f2a294452ee16bd23f98c5e690b.JPG

If you squint, you can see our ship (NA) from Bajari Beach -

DSC_0332.thumb.JPG.e4ffce16d44ea288eeec54dd1b04f63d.JPG

On subsequent stops, we have just wandered around the port area and enjoyed the beach by the pier (while trying to ignore the noise from Margaritaville 😎). 

DSC_0380.thumb.JPG.83461dbf73261d644d4bf05461be52f1.JPG

DSC_0378.thumb.JPG.51c8fcfdf7ad7a631b43da964256af77.JPG

DSC_0363.thumb.JPG.64ce9bf80efc0f77aae124473c242a2a.JPG

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I think they should call Roy's suggestion National Human Trafficking Prevention Day. 

In addition to "National Human Trafficking Awareness Day" it is also "National Milk Day".

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I never have learned morse code. I won't step in a puddle and splash anyone! Human trafficking prevention is important. Good quote. I like the meal, although with multiple meats it can be expensive to make. Pass on the drink and wine ($$$). 

I've never been to Turks and Caicos.

It's 39F with some rain later today. It's also somber as a beloved Police Chief, from a neighboring small town, is being laid to rest. He was 46 and leaves behind a wife and 4 kids. He was shot and killed while chasing a suspect last week. There is a huge presence at the service of community and law enforcement, and local news is showing the funeral on tv.

@grapau27 Prayers for Sarah as she goes through testing. She's fortunate to have you and Pauline for support.

@ottahand7 I hope both you and DH feel better soon. Thanks for the photos.

@StLouisCruisers Happy Birthday to Ren! And I'm sure he's thrilled to be near to getting his driver's license. Thanks for the pictures of Grand Turk and of the "baby".

@cat shepard Good to hear that Bindi is doing well. 

@dfish Good going on the exercise!

@Overhead Fred Nice photos.

@kazu I hope you're home and resting today.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay well everyone.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, JazzyV said:

I never have learned morse code. I won't step in a puddle and splash anyone! Human trafficking prevention is important. Good quote. I like the meal, although with multiple meats it can be expensive to make. Pass on the drink and wine ($$$). 

It's 39F with some rain later today. It's also somber as a beloved Police Chief, from a neighboring small town, is being laid to rest. He was 46 and leaves behind a wife and 4 kids. He was shot and killed while chasing a suspect last week. There is a huge presence at the service of community and law enforcement, and local news is showing the funeral on tv.

@grapau27 Prayers for Sarah as she goes through testing. She's fortunate to have you and Pauline for support.

@StLouisCruisers Happy Birthday to Ren! And I'm sure he's thrilled to be near to getting his driver's license. Thanks for the pictures of Grand Turk and of the "baby".

Stay well everyone.

Thank you Vanessa.

Prayers 🙏 and condolences for the Police chiefs family and friends.

Graham.

• Like 8

Good afternoon everyone.  

It’s the one armed bandit here one finger typing.

i am home.  Missing luggage again.  I think that suitcase is jinxed,  sadly it has a couple of the few tops i can get this arm through,  toobad i gave away all of jose’s short sleeved shirts.  😡 

it was a very long day and night yesterday and the day before,

@rafinmdRoy, i will attempt to do the bon voyages starting  Friday.  Thank you so much for continuing to cover  during my extended absence.  And with luck, i willl get the Future Cruise Listing as well.  I can’t start the Daily though 1 fingered yet.  I know we had another offer to help cover,  once i know it is safe to try to type, i can hopefully jump in and relieve you at long last.  I might need you to email me with a reminder on the links i need, please.

i might not be on every day.  I will try but everything takes so much effort and i am exhausted so bear with me, everyone.  Have to do it all myself and it’s not easy.

thank you everyone for all of your caring and concern.  I do appreciate it.

hope Kathi got home ok.  So feel for her @Scrapnana

• Like 25
  • Thanks 17

Good morning everyone and Happy Wednesday. Little kids like to splash in puddles. I don’t know Morse code. 

We love lasagna and make one with a bolognese and bechamel sauce. It is very time consuming so we don’t make it very often.  On our cruises since shutdown all the BHB’s we’ve been on have had it on the menu and quite frequently. It’s very similar to the lasagna in Canaletto, if not identical.  I had it whenever I didn’t like anything on the menu. 

The first two pictures are from Club Orange, two different evenings:

8B485DF9-1E6D-4F0A-B86D-10CBD859D868.thumb.jpeg.9ab22fd51db1c0347b3c4182b4361671.jpeg

ECF026BA-6461-4CE0-817C-F918642222CB.thumb.jpeg.e7b42edc76e9110fbf86f0b6e3b4513a.jpeg

This is from Canaletto:

F92B24B1-CC37-4010-A97D-611FAE7150BE.thumb.jpeg.0bc8d6d390ff610394e0d27e6743f915.jpeg

Blue seems better today. Yesterday he was very restless and whimpering a lot but he slept good overnight. 

Graham @grapau27 prayers for your Sarah. I hope a diagnosis and treatment is made soon. 

Happy Birthday to Ren Sandi @StLouisCruisers!  🎈🎈🎈

Prayers for Jacqui and Kathi. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, kazu said:

Good afternoon everyone.  

i am home.  Missing luggage again.  I think that suitcase is jinxed,  sadly it has a couple of the few tops i can get this arm through,  toobad i gave away all of jose’s short sleeved shirts.  😡 

@rafinmdRoy, i will attempt to do the bon voyages starting  Friday.  Thank you so much for continuing to cover  during my extended absence.  And with luck, i willl get the Future Cruise Listing as well.  I can’t start the Daily though 1 fingered yet.  I know we had another offer to help cover,  once i know it is safe to try to type, i can hopefully jump in and relieve you at long last.  I might need you to email me with a reminder on the links i need, please.

i might not be on every day.  I will try but everything takes so much effort and i am exhausted so bear with me, everyone.  Have to do it all myself and it’s not easy.

So glad you are home and sorry about your wayward luggage. Hope you an improvise for a few days until the silly thing walks through the door. Like you, I am hoping Kathi makes it home safely although it will be late at night and my best to Sarah.

Take care all. Please.... take care.

• Like 15

35 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Stay well everyone.

Thanks Vanessa.  I am so sorry to hear about that police chief who was killed last week.  My condolences to the family and his community which he served.  

34 minutes ago, 2inSETexas said:

Screen shot of the Zaandam passing through the Pedro Miguel Locks

2FF74DF1-A216-4AB1-B24B-BDDBED7C9AF7.jpeg

Thanks for the photo!

7 minutes ago, kazu said:

Good afternoon everyone.  

Jacqui, it's a relief to hear you made it home late last night.  I' m sure it's pretty difficult doing just about anything so sending prayers and good wishes for your continued improvement.  You did a darn good job typing with one hand!  Please get all the rest you can while you heal.

• Like 13

6 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning everyone and Happy Wednesday. Little kids like to splash in puddles. I don’t know Morse code. 

We love lasagna and make one with a bolognese and bechamel sauce. It is very time consuming so we don’t make it very often.  On our cruises since shutdown all the BHB’s we’ve been on have had it on the menu and quite frequently. It’s very similar to the lasagna in Canaletto, if not identical.  I had it whenever I didn’t like anything on the menu. 

8B485DF9-1E6D-4F0A-B86D-10CBD859D868.thumb.jpeg.9ab22fd51db1c0347b3c4182b4361671.jpeg

ECF026BA-6461-4CE0-817C-F918642222CB.thumb.jpeg.e7b42edc76e9110fbf86f0b6e3b4513a.jpeg

This is from Canaletto:

F92B24B1-CC37-4010-A97D-611FAE7150BE.thumb.jpeg.0bc8d6d390ff610394e0d27e6743f915.jpeg

Blue seems better today. Yesterday he was very restless and whimpering a lot but he slept good overnight. 

Graham @grapau27 prayers for your Sarah. I hope a diagnosis and treatment is made soon. 

Thank you Sharon.

Still no word from doctor.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

This is from Canaletto:

I am glad Blue seems to feel better today.He has been through a lot.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Thanks for the heads up.

As far as what cruise we meet each other on, I can’t be to specific but I think it was a Canada cruise from Montreal to Ft Lauderdale, October 10, 2009, 13 days. The M&G was held on second day mid ship at the Piano Bar at 10 am. You and your lovely DW gave out prizes based on questions you asked to the CC members. I think I had for breakfast that morning……

I think that covers it.

Yes I remember that cruise as it was the only time we have ever held a M&Gin the piano bar.  Thanks!

• Like 11

@kazu So glad you got home safely before the FAA disruption. Sorry it's sans luggage. Prayers for your healing and for continued sanity as you deal with your elbow's limitations.

@Scrapnana Good to hear your daughter's flight to Florida took off. Wonderful that she will be with you for your return flight. Prayers for a quick diagnosis and treatment plan.

@grapau27 Just catching up on your Sarah's health crisis. Prayers for her. You & Pauline are such a blessing to her as you are there for her today and every day.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

@kazu  Welcome home, and take care of the arm, and make sure you see your primary care doc, and well you know....and when ready get some physical therapy.  Those muscles in your arms can atrophy quickly.  I loved my physical therapist, she had hands like ice cubes.  When she inflicted pain upon my left arm, then put those hands on it, it was an instant, ahhhhh!

DH and I are both feeling Blue's pain @Sharon in AZ.  DH had most of his teeth pulled upper left when he was in the middle of chemo, and before radiation.  He was told that was the best way for him, as the chemo along with the cancer was eating away at the teeth and gums.  I wonder if there are puppy popsicles that would help with the pain today.

@grapau27Sarah is in my prayers today, and you and Pauline too.  It is hard to be the patient, and hard to be patient when the patient is in pain.  Hope you hear a resolution soon.

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

@kazuI guess you broke your elbow from what I am reading.  That is what I broke back in 2020.  Originally there was a cast on it, but it was too tight and was cut off when I went to see the surgeon.  Following the surgery, no cast, but wrapped up tightly for many weeks.  Then a month or so of therapy until Medicare wouldnt pay for more.  I have 90% use of the elbow.  Make sure you get the therapy!

btw, I missed you here, and I'm glad that you are home.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Good afternoon everyone.  

I'm so glad to hear you made it home safely and soundly.  I guess that suitcase has a bad case of wanderlust.  It just has to see the globe whether you are with it or not.  Hopefully it shows up soon.  

Now we have to wait to hear about @Scrapnana's travels.  

@grapau27 I hope you hear soon about Sarah and that there is a course of treatment.  I had a CSF leak once and they are horrible.  Fortunately, a short course of prednisone took care of it.  I was flat on my back for a couple of months due to misdiagnosis.  So, I can surely feel for poor Sarah.

@StLouisCruisers Happy Birthday to Ren

@JazzyV Such sad news about the Police Chief.  I hope the community rallies around and takes good care of his family.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Good morning all!
Well DSIL chose the wrong day to fly home.  We went to bed last night not knowing about the airlines mess, woke up early this morning to learn about the first delay of her flight.  It was supposed to be 11:00, then it was 12:15, and latest I heard is that it's now 1:30.  It takes us an hour+ to get to SeaTac, so she's been there now since 10:00.  Hoping there won't be any more delays for her.  She has a stop over in Denver, then flies on to Savannah from there.

Today I have a stew started in the crockpot, and have begun putting the Christmas Village away.  I left all the decorations up until after DH's birthday party, now it's time to put everything away....and that will take awhile. 😅

• Like 19

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Yes I remember that cruise as it was the only time we have ever held a M&Gin the piano bar.  Thanks!

The other thing I remembered about this cruise on the Maasdam was on about day 10 or 11, the Daily Report had an update as to our progress. And I quote from the Daily, “Today we will passing along the east Atlantic coast heading towards Ft. Lauderdale. This afternoon we will be passing just to the east of North and South Dakota”.

Sorry I did not bring my mini Hubble telescope to view Mt Rushmore 😀

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 15