Does Royal take Pinnacles for granted?

Karter

7 hours ago, Karter said:

Here is the situation.

Three guarantee balcony cabins were booked at the same time as a group on Odyssey of the Seas.

Couple 1 Second cruse ever with Royal Caribbean

Couple 2 Platinum books a cruise every 3 to 4 years

Couple 3 Pinnacle books 15 to 20 cruises a year - currently has 18 cruises booked.

When the cabins were assigned couples 1 and 2 were assigned balconies on deck 11 near the center of the ship couple 3 the Pinnacle couple was assigned a 50% obstructed view cabin on deck 6.

Yes I know you are gambling when you book a guarantee and be willing to take whatever you get this is more about did Royal assume the the Pinnacle couple will always book with them and give them a lower end cabin.

Is it purely luck of the draw or does Royal have some kind of algorithm to give better cabins to new/infrequent cruisers to encourage them to book again.

BTW I think Royal treats Pinnacles extremely well with their loyalty program so this is not a complaint about the loyalty program it is about how cabins are assigned.

Appears the cabin assignments don't use C&A status as part of the algorithm.  Since it's a free loyalty program with huge perks at the Pinnacle level, t's not 100% "Pinns first" for everything.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

I've never understood Pinnacle hate.

Every Pin I've met has been great.

It's just the observations people make or when you speak to the crews. A lot of those frequent cruisers with Pinacle status belong to the lowest yielding passengers onboard. Every loyality ambassador, hotel director or the ones that will know for sure, Revenue Manager will confirm this to you. Not all of them are like this, but a large majority.

Hence, the whole discussion about kicking out P or D+ from Suite Lounges or CK for P as RCL is much better off with those high yielding passengers booking 1-2 cruises a year than cruisers that take 10-20 a year in the cheapest cabins and at lowest pricing deals.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

It's just the observations people make or when you speak to the crews. A lot of those frequent cruisers with Pinacle status belong to the lowest yielding passengers onboard. Every loyality ambassador, hotel director or the ones that will know for sure, Revenue Manager will confirm this to you. Not all of them are like this, but a large majority.

Hence, the whole discussion about kicking out P or D+ from Suite Lounges or CK for P as RCL is much better off with those high yielding passengers booking 1-2 cruises a year than cruisers that take 10-20 a year in the cheapest cabins and at lowest pricing deals.

There are far more non suite cabins on ships than suites that need to be filled. Don't knock the people who are filling them up as they are just as important to RCI's prosperity as those booking the suites 

Maybe instead of talking to every LA,  hotel director, and revenue manager about it you should try just enjoying your cruise. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

I've searched the CAS benefits and I don't see where the "best guarantee cabin" perk is listed at any level.

So I went back to my notes from Pinnacle school and I didnt see it there either.  

I'm going to go out on a limb and state "best guarantee cabin" is not a Pinnacle perk.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, LXA350 said:

Maybe when Royal ships go for rehabbing, they should convert all of their cabins to Suites which will provide a high yield and satisfy the pencil pushers/revenue Managers.  

17 minutes ago, gkbiiii said:

Perhaps Diamond Plus's get the best treatment, as Royal doesn't fully own them yet.

This is a fascinating observation. The longest trek in Crown & Anchor is the point differentiation between a D+ and Pin. Trying to dangle that carrot in front of the horses pulling the wagon for RCI.

I might make D+ in my lifetime just because I like cruising but there is not a navigational chart that will ever get me to Pin. 

"No special enticements for me. Save the dangling carrots for the true believers." 🤣

I've been a pinnacle for a year now so my probationary period has ended.  I'm now allowed to speak to pinnacle questions and offer sage advice.  I'm still - after all these cruises - just happy to be on another one.  In this instance I happen to have actually booked one of those obstructed view balconies on deck 6 of Odyssey for my free pinnacle cruise and it's fine with me.  I'll endure having to overlook a lifeboat and let the newer cruisers have a better view. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Anton said:

I've been a pinnacle for a year now so my probationary period has ended.  I'm now allowed to speak to pinnacle questions and offer sage advice.  I'm still - after all these cruises - just happy to be on another one.  In this instance I happen to have actually booked one of those obstructed view balconies on deck 6 of Odyssey for my free pinnacle cruise and it's fine with me.  I'll endure having to overlook a lifeboat and let the newer cruisers have a better view. 

I appreciate your willingness to sacrifice your obstructed view for the benefit of those who dwell in the steerage class in our cave like windowless interior rooms. 🤣

Someday, just someday, I might benefit from your "sage advice."

Until then, I will enjoy my dark cave and sleep very well until I see the next sunrise. 😇

• Thanks 1

FWIW, we attended a Q&A for World Cruisers on Wonder ladt month. One of the questions dealt with how would Royal enhance the benefits for the Pins onboard. The context dealt with the fact that the entire ship would receive a lot of the std pinnacle perks.

Their response was they had a plethora of additional perks and experiences planned for us. So that's 👌 

Wouldn't want to feel taken for granted after dumping 6 figures into this endeavor 😉

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

FWIW, we attended a Q&A for World Cruisers on Wonder ladt month. One of the questions dealt with how would Royal enhance the benefits for the Pins onboard. The context dealt with the fact that the entire ship would receive a lot of the std pinnacle perks.

Their response was they had a plethora of additional perks and experiences planned for us. So that's 👌 

Wouldn't want to feel taken for granted after dumping 6 figures into this endeavor 😉

You should get what you paid for. More money=more perks. Otherwise, let the ship sail without you. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

While Priority waitlist seating request in the main dining room is a C&A benefit, Priority Guarantee Cabin Assignments are not C&A benefit for any level.  One should not expect gty preferences based on their C&A level.  Nor should you expect to be lucky every time.  Just be happy for your fellow cruisers.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LXA350 said:

RCL is much better off with those high yielding passengers booking 1-2 cruises a year than cruisers that take 10-20 a year in the cheapest cabins and at lowest pricing deals.

This is me, so I guess I'm a hybrid Pinn.

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I like to use this every now and then😉

Screenshot_20221227-082415_Google.thumb.jpg.90fbfb6c877c7d8d21902a70a770223f.jpg

They hate us cause they ain't us. 🤣🤣🤣

And by us, I mean them because I'm not a us, I'm still on of those.😉

Following? Cause I just confused myself. 

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Sounds like the creation of a new level to hate, er, I mean  strive for: Pinnacle+