The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday January 12th, 2023

rafinmd

20 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

yes we over here in the colonies known as USA also love the RF.

Hard to know what stories to believe, but is a shame Harry is at odds with his family the way his wife is with her's.

One last question, will you go down for the coronation?  Also what new ships for Southampton are coming in 2023?

London is 300 miles from us so we have no plans to go for the coronation.

Unfortunately Harry can say anything and make millions of dollars out of his Royal heritage but Royal Protocol is to not comment back.

Several new ships are coming to Southampton this year including P&O Arvia,MSC Euribia and Carnival Jubilee.

Screenshot_20230112_204944.jpg

Screenshot_20230112_204852.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

London is 300 miles from us so we have no plans to go for the coronation.

Unfortunately Harry can say anything and make millions of dollars out of his Royal heritage but Royal Protocol is to not comment back.

Several new ships are coming to Southampton this year.

Screenshot_20230112_204944.jpg

Screenshot_20230112_204852.jpg

oh the new Jubilee might be interesting for you to look at.

The Celebration got good reviews.

I find the MSC names of ship to be very interesting and unique.

I hope the RF keeps mum on their opinions and hold their heads high.  No family is perfect, but I do not believe for one minute that the Queen would not have helped Megan if she asked for it.

Your country was lucky for have Queen Eliz for such a long time.

well good night to you over in UK.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

I do know there is a train from Schiphol to Rotterdam. There's lots of discussion over on the Celebrity roll call for this April TA. Many had plans to stay a few days in hotels in Amsterdam. Supposedly there may be a bus provided by the cruise line to Schiphol, for a fee, due to the change. The train station is about 2km from the cruise port, and there's a subway close to the port that goes to it. But some are worried about schleping suitcases on the train, and are looking into renting vans and going in groups to Amsterdam. I can't find anything online about the work on the docks in Amsterdam; it was just reported on the roll call. I know last year there were issues due to low water levels.

oh dear I am supposed to sail out of AMS twice this summer and I would hate to have to try and get to Rotterdam.  Gee whiz.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

oh dear I am supposed to sail out of AMS twice this summer and I would hate to have to try and get to Rotterdam.  Gee whiz.

I sincerely hope your cruises are not affected.

We visited Amsterdam on P&O Ventura in October 2022.

Graham.

Screenshot_20230112_211329.jpg

IMG_20221020_083955.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 8

Good afternoon, 

Hot tea day - definitely celebrate that daily as I'm a tea granny! I have a cupboard with a nice variety of Murchie's teas. Today was "Government Street Blend". 

DH continues to make progress and started out with speech today for a final visit and nursing will be here around 3:00 PM for wound care. At least I don't have to change the dressing today! We go to the wound care clinic on Wednesday, January 18th. I have to do specialized transport since he's temporarily wheelchair bound. It's not cheap - $234.00 for a round trip to a destination about 15 miles away. Oh well. Yesterday I got a test result for DH on my phone for the urine culture that took a bit to grow and it showed MRSA (which he had a year ago) so had to switch antibiotics and his new one is a horse pill! He'll survive but not without a few complaints. 

Hope all is going well for @kazu and @Scrapnana.

Time to get one more short walk in before the rain starts! 

Karen

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

It's been dark and gloomy all day, and now it's raining. There is a chance of snow tomorrow morning.

I don't think that I would intentionally imitate Hamburger Helper from scratch, but that doesn't mean that I might not end up with it anyway. I have drunk a fair amount of Carmenere but not the listed one. I haven't been to Bali.  We seem to see a lot of cocktails made with Razzmatazz Schnapps.

I'd be pleased with watermelon cocktail, fried chicken, and cherry crisp, not that I have the ingredients for any of those dishes. Dinner will be whatever I have the energy to make, which is even more limiting.

677412274_dogvoodoo.thumb.jpg.e1336cc10f1bdc990e4c7822dd56e9d9.jpg

• Like 12
  • Haha 8

14 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

Good afternoon, 

Hot tea day - definitely celebrate that daily as I'm a tea granny! I have a cupboard with a nice variety of Murchie's teas. Today was "Government Street Blend". 

DH continues to make progress and started out with speech today for a final visit and nursing will be here around 3:00 PM for wound care. At least I don't have to change the dressing today! We go to the wound care clinic on Wednesday, January 18th. I have to do specialized transport since he's temporarily wheelchair bound. It's not cheap - $234.00 for a round trip to a destination about 15 miles away. Oh well. Yesterday I got a test result for DH on my phone for the urine culture that took a bit to grow and it showed MRSA (which he had a year ago) so had to switch antibiotics and his new one is a horse pill! He'll survive but not without a few complaints. 

Karen

Sending you our prayers Karen for your husband's recovery.

Graham.

• Like 6

Really late today since most of this morning was spent with issues at the shelter that required my attention together with the ED. It is sunny and temp about 43F. Snow is due back on Sunday, maybe. We will see. i hope the next few days to devote to my condo....every time I start a project I get side tracked. Am making very slow progress. Have to head out now to collect a friend at the hospital after her MRI. This evening I plan to pull down a couple of boxes from my bedroom closet and sort in front of the TV. Don't know what I will watch but maybe I will get something accomplished.

Hope Kathi made it home ok and that the injections work wonders for Sarah. Glad the Dr. declared her an emergency. Take care all.

Susan

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

I finally had a chance to read and catch up with everything and everyone.  Headed to San Diego tomorrow to board the Koningsdam on Saturday.  My sister and brother-in-law are joining us.  First time we have seen them in over 3 years.  Can't wait even though we talk several times a week.  Just isn't the same.

Thank you for the report, Roy.  Really enjoy seeing where all the ships are.  Tea is my drink of choice during the day.  Not a fan of HH.  Had too much of it when the kids were growing up.  LOL.

It seems that a lot of you are on ships now.  That is great.  Safe travels to you all.

Prayers to all also.  So glad that Jacqui is home.  

Take care and stay well everyone.  

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, srdancer said:

@grapau27prayers for your Sarah to be pain free and heal quickly. I am another one you thinks injections are better than surgery. Her parents sound like people I never want to meet. Prayers for you and Pauline as I’m sure you are very anxious about your Sarah.

Sandy

Thank you Sandy.

Sarah was frightened at the thought of the operation.

She asked the surgeon if he would have the operation and he said no as there are high risks involved.

IMG_20230112_195942.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

It was overcast here this morning.  Then it got foggy.  After that it got even more foggier.  Now it's raining, really foggy and the temperature is dropping.  

I've heard from someone I trust that a certain male originally from the UK told quite a few lies  during an interview on Sunday night (this person relies on reading lips and body language to help him with hearing difficulties)  and I have also heard that there is a lot of fiction in a certain book about a tire.  ; )   I've got quite a selection of biographies  of this family going back as far as Henry the 8th and Mary, Queen of Scots. I will NOT be purchasing the book that came out yesterday.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 4966and556 said:

It was overcast here this morning.  Then it got foggy.  After that it got even more foggier.  Now it's raining, really foggy and the temperature is dropping.  

I've heard from someone I trust that a certain male originally from the UK told quite a few lies  during an interview on Sunday night (this person relies on reading lips and body language to help him with hearing difficulties)  and I have also heard that there is a lot of fiction in a certain book about a tire.  ; )   I've got quite a selection of biographies  of this family going back as far as Henry the 8th and Mary, Queen of Scots. I will NOT be purchasing the book that came out yesterday.  

My sentiments exactly and I absolutely agree with you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

It’s easy. A train from  Schiphol to Rotterdam.  Lots to see in Rotterdam. 

@ottahand7 happy 70 th what a great celebration

@grapau27prayers for your Sarah

love tea. . 

7882180B-013D-40C9-A4CE-4AB384A94FA3.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Good evening to all.

Today was another busy day for us.  However, I did manage to read all the posts before posting.

Our furniture arrived sans the ottoman.  That will arrive in February.  I did not take a photo yet because there are boxes all over the place and I want a picture that really looks nice.

We opened quite a few boxes in our bedroom so that we can try to move in by the weekend.

Service Masters did not show up today again so we were on our own.

We are both quite tired and decided to call it quits early and went out to a late lunch and made it our dinner.

Thank you to Roy for the triple duty you are doing at this time.  Appreciate all your hard work.

Glad that @kazu and @Scrapnanahave made it home.  Prayers for their quick recovery from their respective injuries and illnesses.

@grapau27 Prayers for your Sarah that the injections provide the relief from the pain she is experiencing.  How compassionate of the doctor to move up her date for the injections.

I pray that the treatment helps her.  Prayers for you and Pauline as well.  You are good people to look after her as you do.

I am still suffering from the Polymyalgia Rheumatica flare up but have to continue to work at the house. No one else to do that—Just Jim and me.

Hope every one had a great day.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Thought I should report that my broken leg is healing nicely.  Saw the doctor last week and he replaced my huge boot with something much easier to use.  It like if you took a lace-up boot and cut the bottom and toe part off and added three velcro straps.  My shoe fits over it and of course I can drive with it.

Recently Sara has been walking to our mail box to pick up the mail as our steep driveway is slippery for me.  She brought in the mail and a few minutes later said she had left her keys in the mailbox.  We both went down there to look for it and alongside the road back but couldn't find them.  The only thing we could figure was that someone had noticed them and dropped them in the outgoing mail slot as the individual mail boxes don't have names or addresses on them.  So we drove to the post office and left a note for our mail person that if he found keys, drop them in our mail box.  Next day we checked our mail, but no keys.  Since our front door key was one of them, I went to the hardware store to buy a replacement for the front door lock.  I decided to go with an electric push button lock that also had a key.  Took awhile to install it, and just as I was starting to program it with a new code, Sara says "I found the keys!"  Somehow the keys had fallen from her pocket into her umbrella and she found them as she was going out for the mail again.  She liked the original lock better, so I took out the new, installed the old, and got a refund for the new one.  It was a good day.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

@USN59-79 Your key and lock story made me laugh.  Isn't that just how it usually works out?  After I went out and bought new measuring cups I did find my old ones.  I knew I had them, just couldn't find them.  

@ottahand7 Spread that birthday celebration out!  That is what I intend to do this summer.  My birthday is the end of April, but my July/August cruise is my celebration.  

• Like 11

Around 4 pm we got alerts that our area was now in a tornado warning zone. Turned on the TV in the basement and they predicted a chance around 4:27 in the adjoining town. Power went off but we had flashlights. We eventually left our safe room when the rain slowed down.  We had no internet, TV or landline so I kept trying to see anything I could on my phone using cellular data.  All of a sudden I got a text from DD asking if we were okay. DGD Ashley had heard a tornado hit our town and sent a photo of a large business with the roof torn off. Apparently the business district has a lot of damage. That area is about 4 miles SE of our neighborhood. I’m just glad it missed our neighborhood!  But who knows I could find out tomorrow the fringes of our development could have been hit. We are going to have to check our roof for shingle damage because a neighbor saw shingles coming off someone’s house across the street from them. I’m just glad our house is still standing. I still don’t have internet just cellular on my phone. Hoping by the morning everything will be back. Annie @marshhawk I hope all is well up there in Stone Mountain. Take care and talk to you all tomorrow. Saying my prayers of thanks tonight for sure!🙏🏻

• Like 8
  • Thanks 7

9 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Around 4 pm we got alerts that our area was now in a tornado warning zone. Turned on the TV in the basement and they predicted a chance around 4:27 in the adjoining town. Power went off but we had flashlights. We eventually left our safe room when the rain slowed down.  We had no internet, TV or landline so I kept trying to see anything I could on my phone using cellular data.  All of a sudden I got a text from DD asking if we were okay. DGD Ashley had heard a tornado hit our town and sent a photo of a large business with the roof torn off. Apparently the business district has a lot of damage. That area is about 4 miles SE of our neighborhood. I’m just glad it missed our neighborhood!  But who knows I could find out tomorrow the fringes of our development could have been hit. We are going to have to check our roof for shingle damage because a neighbor saw shingles coming off someone’s house across the street from them. I’m just glad our house is still standing. I still don’t have internet just cellular on my phone. Hoping by the morning everything will be back. Annie @marshhawk I hope all is well up there in Stone Mountain. Take care and talk to you all tomorrow. Saying my prayers of thanks tonight for sure!🙏🏻

Glad you two are safe!  

• Like 7

Good evening.  The heater seems to be working properly now.  They did something outside to clear a code, plus they rebalanced the fan in the outside unit, so it runs quietly now.  We'll keep an eye on it, and hope the problem has been fixed.

8 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Tornado watch just issued a few minutes ago for our area until 7 pm.  Hopefully nothing turns up but we should get some heavy rain at 5 pm if the current maps are accurate.

Going back now to read some posts and view the photos.

Edited to add Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiserlove the photos. The baby monkey sure was cute, but boy I feel bad about the chickens kept under the small baskets in the one photo.  They need some room to run around!

And somehow I think I failed to wish our Daily poster Nancy @ottahand7a happy birthday this week!  Congrats on reaching 70 and I hope your cruise is all you wanted and more.🎂

Sandi, I think they moved the chickens around the compound, and the baskets are to keep the chickens from escaping and crossing the road. 🤣

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for posting all of your fabulous photos Lenda.

Graham.

Thank you, Graham.  I'm glad you liked them.

6 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good afternoon all!

Yesterday DSIL got caught up in the airline mess but we're thankful she wasn't flying home the night before.  She did get home and only 2 hours later than she would have, and the best thing was her suitcase also made it home to Savannah.  Quite an experience for a novice traveler, but she came through with flying colors.  I know she's tired, it was a long day.

Now I need to get the house put back together.  I'd left all the Christmas decorations out for DH's party.  It will be nice to have the furniture back in place.

Graham @grapau27prayers for Sarah.  I think she made the right choice too.

Nancy @ottahand7Happy Birthday!  

Carolyn, I'm happy your DSIL made it home safely and with her luggage.  Now that she has survived her trial by fire flights, do you think she will venture out again?

5 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Good afternoon, 

Karen

Karen, that is good news your DH is making progress.  I hope the new pills clear up the infection.

4 hours ago, highland cruiser said:

I finally had a chance to read and catch up with everything and everyone.  Headed to San Diego tomorrow to board the Koningsdam on Saturday.  My sister and brother-in-law are joining us.  First time we have seen them in over 3 years.  Can't wait even though we talk several times a week.  Just isn't the same.

Thank you for the report, Roy.  Really enjoy seeing where all the ships are.  Tea is my drink of choice during the day.  Not a fan of HH.  Had too much of it when the kids were growing up.  LOL.

It seems that a lot of you are on ships now.  That is great.  Safe travels to you all.

Prayers to all also.  So glad that Jacqui is home.  

Take care and stay well everyone.  

Safe travels tomorrow, and BON VOYAGE on Saturday.  Having your sister and DBIL join you will make the cruise very special.

3 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening to all.

Today was another busy day for us.  However, I did manage to read all the posts before posting.

Our furniture arrived sans the ottoman.  That will arrive in February.  I did not take a photo yet because there are boxes all over the place and I want a picture that really looks nice.

We opened quite a few boxes in our bedroom so that we can try to move in by the weekend.

Service Masters did not show up today again so we were on our own.

We are both quite tired and decided to call it quits early and went out to a late lunch and made it our dinner.

Thank you to Roy for the triple duty you are doing at this time.  Appreciate all your hard work.

Glad that @kazu and @Scrapnanahave made it home.  Prayers for their quick recovery from their respective injuries and illnesses.

@grapau27 Prayers for your Sarah that the injections provide the relief from the pain she is experiencing.  How compassionate of the doctor to move up her date for the injections.

I pray that the treatment helps her.  Prayers for you and Pauline as well.  You are good people to look after her as you do.

I am still suffering from the Polymyalgia Rheumatica flare up but have to continue to work at the house. No one else to do that—Just Jim and me.

Hope every one had a great day.

God Bless,

Terri

Terri, I'm glad then furniture arrived, and I hope the helpers are back tomorrow.  I know you are both anxious to be back in your house, but please don't over do it and wear yourselves out. 

2 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

Thought I should report that my broken leg is healing nicely.  Saw the doctor last week and he replaced my huge boot with something much easier to use.  It like if you took a lace-up boot and cut the bottom and toe part off and added three velcro straps.  My shoe fits over it and of course I can drive with it.

Recently Sara has been walking to our mail box to pick up the mail as our steep driveway is slippery for me.  She brought in the mail and a few minutes later said she had left her keys in the mailbox.  We both went down there to look for it and alongside the road back but couldn't find them.  The only thing we could figure was that someone had noticed them and dropped them in the outgoing mail slot as the individual mail boxes don't have names or addresses on them.  So we drove to the post office and left a note for our mail person that if he found keys, drop them in our mail box.  Next day we checked our mail, but no keys.  Since our front door key was one of them, I went to the hardware store to buy a replacement for the front door lock.  I decided to go with an electric push button lock that also had a key.  Took awhile to install it, and just as I was starting to program it with a new code, Sara says "I found the keys!"  Somehow the keys had fallen from her pocket into her umbrella and she found them as she was going out for the mail again.  She liked the original lock better, so I took out the new, installed the old, and got a refund for the new one.  It was a good day.

That is good news your leg is healing and you're out of the boot.  I'm glad the keys were found.

23 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sandi, I'm glad you are safe, but sorry there was damage in your town.

Lenda

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1