The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday January 12th, 2023

rafinmd

59 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

Our Sarah is on a ward in the hospital and it seems she might have her spinal operation today.

Thank you everyone for your kind concerns yesterday.

Thank you Roy @rafinmdfor keeping this amazing thread going while Rich @richwmnis on a well deserved fantastic world cruise.

Thank you Dixie,Ann and Debbie for all your amazing food and drink descriptions.

Good collection of days and excellent quote.

Take care and stay safe friends.

Graham.

Prayers for a successful surgery and uneventful recovery.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning from a bright and sunny day at the beach

I really enjoy a nice cup of tea but I am still partial to “Salada”. My family sends a few boxes at a time necause it is not available here. 
   @grapau27Graham, my prayers will continue for all of you. I do believe she made the right decision to try the injections first. It will probably take time and rest. 
     @StLouisCruisersSandi, thanks for the great pictures. Both of our ports in Indonesia were cancelled. 
        Off to a library board meeting this AM.

Slay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

Thank you Charlene.

She has to go on a list and come back for the injections.

Sarah asked him if it was him would he have the operation and he said no because of the high risk involved.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 8

Good Thursday Morning Dailyites!

I need to get my flu shot this morning and booster 3 (which I read wont help me in the future) am preparing for the worst, so off to store afterwards.  Will catch up and finish reading when we get home.

Storms coming in today.

• Like 19

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  I like today’s meal suggestion and look forward to @dfish pictures and recipes, I could use some new ideas.  I started cleaning the upstairs hall closet and ten minutes in I cleared a shelf.  I ope everyone has a good day today.

image.thumb.png.839ec79e687a515bf794b9a743ab8f21.png

• Like 21
  • Haha 4

Graham and Pauline @grapau27 prayers for Sarah and I am glad her surgeon recommended the injections. I hope they can begin soon. 

We ran into Linda in Manta yesterday toting a brand new aqua suitcase to replace her ruined one caused by luggage direct. So nice to make contact with a fellow Dailyite. 

Roy thank you for the Daily and the Care reports. Prayers for all who need them, Kathi, Jacqui and the people of Ukraine. 

We are off the northern coast of Peru with a day at sea. A great Pinnacle Grill dinner last night as the wine for my on going 70th birthday celebration continues. We tasted this wine out of barrel when we visited Cos in 1996.  Our first of our carried on wine with dry aged Delmonico for me. John had a filet.  Our sunrise this morning.  

IMG_20230111_181715601.jpg

IMG_20230111_183232592.jpg

IMG_20230111_185135802.jpg

IMG_20230111_185145558.jpg

IMG_20230112_060717211.jpg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. I had a post disappear mysteriously  so I will try again.It is raining but going up to the fifties today. I plan on a decent walk in the neighborhood  when it stops later.

I met my DH at a hospital where we both worked.He definitely  had "wild man" characteristics  back then .We have amused our children with stories of those times over the years.We waited until they were older to tell such tales.Nowadays we seem content to have a good laugh about some silly thing going on and  I guess the wildness decreases with increasing age.

@grapau27, I continue to send Sarah and the two of you my prayers and hope the treatment gives her some relief from pain.I am sure all three of you are exhausted. 

Thanks to all for the Daily

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone!

I'm a little late today because I had to go to the lab for blood tests.  The tests had to be done before 8:00 am.  I got there in plenty of time, but so did a lot of other people.  Still, they drew the blood at 7:53 am, so we made the time constraint.  

@grapau27 I hope the injections help Sarah.  I would have made the same decisions.  Surgery is a last resort.

I'm happy @kazu Jacqui and @Scrapnana Kathi are home and hope that Jacqui's errant suitcase finds its way home.

I loved hamburger helper as a kid.  Mom liked it too because it was quick and easy and economical when feeding 6 hungry kids.  HH and some tender tiny peas made a good meal.  I think because of the memories, HH is definitely a comfort food.  We'll start with this one, a cheesy hamburger dish.  https://www.saltandlavender.com/homemade-hamburger-helper-recipe/

2136008144_hamburgerhelper1.thumb.jpg.b0baa096ed8ed5bb340d143b8170e4b5.jpg

This next one uses shells for the pasta.  How fun!  Seasonings are different as well.  https://thenovicechefblog.com/homemade-hamburger-helper/

249558374_Hamburgerhelper2.thumb.jpg.609e5c2518cfb4c116943cff337a966a.jpg

This one uses milk to help make the sauce creamy.  https://www.aheadofthyme.com/homemade-hamburger-helper/

723842342_hamburgerhelper3.thumb.jpg.80ea6801ed077aa8f8087a36c55c00f2.jpg

This next one is often referred to as Poor Man's Stroganoff.   https://damndelicious.net/2015/11/08/homemade-hamburger-helper/

404210262_Hamburgerhelper4.thumb.jpg.f2906ebaefce16c2c7be72bc81fba7b1.jpg

This next one includes some zucchini, making the dish a bit healthier.  The nice thing about not using the box is that you can control seasonings, especially salt.  And, you don't get all those preservatives.    https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/one-pot-hamburger-helper/

1535582855_hamburgerhelper5.thumb.jpg.31381a5cf13b988928566773f55dc5af.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 12

Good morning.  It is going up to 55f/13c here in beautiful Northern Virginia, but it’s cloudy as we are expecting rain later.  I love the rain.  

Happy Birthday to @ottahand7!  What a wonderful way you have chosen to celebrate. 🎉

Wishing all the best for those on the prayer list.  I won’t name you individually in case I leave anyone out.  My fear is hurting someone’s feelings.  You know who you are.  Hugs.

It’s Feast of Wild Men Day!!!  🕺 What the heck does that even mean!?  😂  It reminds me of the most fabulously memorable holiday I’ve ever had though.  I was with a bunch of cousins, brother, etc, at a night club in Temple Bar, Dublin.  There were groups of men celebrating stag nights and I was single and dancing to “It’s Raining Men”.  Oh yes it was.

I do not think I will have today’s meal suggestion.  Ever.  It does make me think we will have cottage pie, though.  Today I will hit the grocery store early and possibly find a good deal at Kohls since they are having a sale.  That sounds like a much better choice than staying home to clean and do laundry.  Must do it early, though, because Thursday afternoon shopping is much too crowded here.

Enjoy your day!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I'll pass on the Wild Men, like tea but mostly drink coffee, and depend heavily on pharmacists, both for medicines and innoculations.  I love the Mae West quote but have never had Hamburger Helper.  I have been to Bali just once, embarking on a 2014 string of cruises, Crystal Symphony to Singapore, Crystal Serenity on to Cape Town, and finally Amsterdam back to Fort Lauderdale.  I arrived late the night before embarkation and really have no photos.  My alternative menu suggestion is Watermelon Cocktail, Chef Rudi's Classic Southern Fried Chicken, and Cherry Crisp as served on MS Prinsendam January 12, 2019 (looks like I was a little too eager when the entree arrived) :

dishes0112.jpg

Today’s care list:

Grahaam’s Sarah in pain and waiting on needed injection
Crusin Terri with pain flarup
Marshhawk DH eye issues.
HAL Sailer DBIL in final days and family squabbles
Scrapnana starting over on treatment
From the rotation:
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)
Ominous scan for Marshhawk
Kazu with elbow fracture

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Belated Happy Birthday to Ren
Demar Hamlin HOME
cruszn single in Hawaii until 1/31
Cruisin Terri home ready for furniture
GTVCRUISER(1/14), DeeniEncinetas, Victoriann(1/14), crystalspin (1/14) , sailingdutchty   (Koningsdam  to 1/31), Damcruiser (Nieuw Statendam  to 1/14), Aliaschief (Onward  to 1/17) Seasick Sailor and ger_77 (Rotterdam  to 1/25), lindaler and ottahand7(Volendam  to 3/18), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty,richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam  to 5/12) at sea

Roy

• Like 21
  • Thanks 10

43 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Good morning.  It is going up to 55f/13c here in beautiful Northern Virginia, but it’s cloudy as we are expecting rain later.  I love the rain.  

Happy Birthday to @ottahand7!  What a wonderful way you have chosen to celebrate. 🎉

Wishing all the best for those on the prayer list.  I won’t name you individually in case I leave anyone out.  My fear is hurting someone’s feelings.  You know who you are.  Hugs.

It’s Feast of Wild Men Day!!!  🕺 What the heck does that even mean!?  😂  It reminds me of the most fabulously memorable holiday I’ve ever had though.  I was with a bunch of cousins, brother, etc, at a night club in Temple Bar, Dublin.  There were groups of men celebrating stag nights and I was single and dancing to “It’s Raining Men”.  Oh yes it was.

I do not think I will have today’s meal suggestion.  Ever.  It does make me think we will have cottage pie, though.  Today I will hit the grocery store early and possibly find a good deal at Kohls since they are having a sale.  That sounds like a much better choice than staying home to clean and do laundry.  Must do it early, though, because Thursday afternoon shopping is much too crowded here.

Enjoy your day!

Oh my."It's Raining Men" just reminded us of a crazy family wedding back in the day.I was dancing with my many female cousins  and it was a hoot.Thanks!

• Like 17

6 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Oh my."It's Raining Men" just reminded us of a crazy family wedding back in the day.I was dancing with my many female cousins  and it was a hoot.Thanks!

I think we were at the same wedding!!  My sister and her husband had hired a coach to take all the guests from England to their wedding at a castle in Ireland.  We toured all over for a week and the coach driver and his wife became part of the family.  It was a theme wedding so we were all dressed in medieval costume.  We laughed our way through the entire trip.  Memories are awesome.  I am so glad we share some great ones with that song.  🤗

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I'll pass on the Wild Men, like tea but mostly drink coffee, and depend heavily on pharmacists, both for medicines and innoculations.  I love the Mae West quote but have never had Hamburger Helper.  I have been to Bali just once, embarking on a 2014 string of cruises, Crystal Symphony to Singapore, Crystal Serenity on to Cape Town, and finally Amsterdam back to Fort Lauderdale.  I arrived late the night before embarkation and really have no photos.  My alternative menu suggestion is Watermelon Cocktail, Chef Rudi's Classic Southern Fried Chicken, and Cherry Crisp as served on MS Prinsendam January 12, 2019 (looks like I was a little too eager when the entree arrived) :

dishes0112.jpg

Today’s care list:

Grahaam’s Sarah in pain and waiting on needed injection
Crusin Terri with pain flarup
Marshhawk DH eye issues.
HAL Sailer DBIL in final days and family squabbles
Scrapnana starting over on treatment
From the rotation:
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)
Ominous scan for Marshhawk
Kazu with elbow fracture

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Belated Happy Birthday to Ren
Demar Hamlin HOME
cruszn single in Hawaii until 1/31
Cruisin Terri home ready for furniture
GTVCRUISER(1/14), DeeniEncinetas, Victoriann(1/14), crystalspin (1/14) , sailingdutchty   (Koningsdam  to 1/31), Damcruiser (Nieuw Statendam  to 1/14), Aliaschief (Onward  to 1/17) Seasick Sailor and ger_77 (Rotterdam  to 1/25), lindaler and ottahand7(Volendam  to 3/18), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty,richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam  to 5/12) at sea

Roy

Thank you for today's lists Roy and your kind sentiments towards Sarah.

The surgeon said he would treat it as an emergency and to get her the injections in 1 week when the usual waiting time is 16 weeks.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 4